Review: Southern Taste

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Pissed

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 13, 2013
These fools had the nerve to say "It depends on the size of the porkchop in order to get two"
Ok, last wkd I asked how many porkchops you get, I was told "two"
Ok, is this an every other day change in the menu?? This fool lied because my porkchops last wkd was big & thick. They were very unprofessional, they cursed & were obnoxious and were not apologetic. And they still messed up my side order,which the 2nd time around I didn't get the side AT ALL! The HELP said "I don't give a f..." Gave my bag & walked away. Because I was in my lab jacket I didn't go ham!
This is why independent businesses don't last! They always want something for nothing. Mind you I tipped this loser! Just to find out my orders were messed up! Okra was sweet! Since when?? Yams for Mom's order looked like thick slices of cake. I got Yams when I clearly asked for Cabbage. Porkchops had so much fat around it.
Despite it took me an hour to pick it up, I had business to take care of. Either way my food should have been correct, POINT BLANK!!
Then a girl got involved & the guy I tipped was too busy talking about how long I took then thought I wanted delivery and how it's "not guaranteed you get 2 porkchops." Instead of telling her that he should've been a man & owned up to his mistake & the other one should've informed them ALL that he approved of me returning back to get the food but he didn't and if she agreed to that "not guaranteed" nonsense, she's just as pitiful as him!!
Mind you the menu states "Pork chopS" Plural!! Smh
I was unsatisfied and will NOT be going and if these losers are on google, I WILL be sure to post a BAD REVIEW!!
Mind you the same help said this eve, "I know this n.... ain't parked in front of the store!" Uhhh execuse me?? Language!! Store or Restaurant, hmmm???
These hood boogers won't last & if they do they will have bad luck. They did me dirty this eve & I was there last week and was very friendly & gave them business. Never again, losers!!
Only in the hood!!
Hood Servers R Us at your service!
And ppl wonder why some black businesess goes sour & out of business. No professionalism & ignorant!!
I will continue to go to Unkl Moes, where it costs more however they all are professional and know my husband and I.
Some black businesses are terrible but Unkl Moes are off the hook!
dogkiller

Webster, NY

#2 Dec 13, 2013
why the fuzuck didn't you just take your behind to mac donalds?
Lila

Danielson, CT

#3 Dec 23, 2013
Southern taste is great their food is on point !
The Crunch Funky

Rochester, NY

#4 Dec 23, 2013
You should see the post office on Thurston Road. It's a mess.

Dirty floors, tables all unorganized. Must wait in line- alone and out from the back pops out a fat white woman.

Looking like Broomhilda.

no pride whatsoever in her work environment. I see this lethargic unprofessionalism all over Rochester.
BlacksBeingBlack

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 23, 2013
The Crunch Funky wrote:
You should see the post office on Thurston Road. It's a mess.
Dirty floors, tables all unorganized. Must wait in line- alone and out from the back pops out a fat white woman.
Looking like Broomhilda.
no pride whatsoever in her work environment. I see this lethargic unprofessionalism all over Rochester.
To be fair you must addmit they are much prefered by black men than black women.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#6 Dec 23, 2013
BlacksBeingBlack wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair you must addmit they are much prefered by black men than black women.
LMFAO!!
Jessy

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 6, 2014
The food is good but these young men dont know how to run a business. They were texting instead of worrying about taking orders. Very ghetto. The dress street like and talk hood. Try to kick it to women who go in there. This business only will attract hood ppl not prifessionals.
Kaylee Michelle

Rochester, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2014
Where tf is southern taste and do they have good Mac and cheese
Maurice

Rochester, NY

#9 Apr 23, 2014
I've never visited the restaurant, so I cannot comment on the person-to-person aspect of this business. However, I recently had a meal that was purchased there by my brother. In the comfort of my own home I really enjoyed my dinner of meatloaf, collard greens and mac-n-cheese. Presenation was good and portions were nice.
Cute

Rochester, NY

#10 Jun 5, 2014
Kaylee Michelle wrote:
Where tf is southern taste and do they have good Mac and cheese
Tha Mac and cheese is terrible
Cute

Rochester, NY

#11 Jun 5, 2014
The mac and cheese is terrible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Minister' Stewart to have say on when police s... 4 hr Ha Ha 2
DOT says 66% of roads and bridges in good shape 9 hr Mark 1
Deflategate. I Would Love To Deflate Tom Bradys... 9 hr Mark 1
Hundreds attend event on 'Rochester's Crisis of... 11 hr GibsMeDat 1
Riots Outside RTS. Time To Hold Lovely, RPD & S... 11 hr GibsMeDat 18
Double Stabbing in White Burbs 13 hr Uraidiot 8
White Convicted Felon Beats up his woman 14 hr Jeramie 10
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web