State DMV Draws Flak For New Driverís Licenses

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 15, 2012
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/DMV-dr...

Who is the current company that does the licenses? Did they respond to the RFP? If not then why not?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Werner Heisenberg wrote:
http://www.13wham.com/news/loc al/story/DMV-drivers-license/G _D3VMTlR02wN0EPTiq4yQ.cspx
Who is the current company that does the licenses? Did they respond to the RFP? If not then why not?
Something sure doesn't sound right.$38 millon more for a DL that isn't even in color and made in Canada? I have to wonder who has a family member that has stock in the company or who has their hand in the cookie jar.These DL's should made in NYS or at the very least made in the USA. When will the fools that we put in office wake up to the fact that NY is flat broke and try to cut out wastefull spending like this?Never seems to come to mind,idiots.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2012
Werner Heisenberg wrote:
http://www.13wham.com/news/loc al/story/DMV-drivers-license/G _D3VMTlR02wN0EPTiq4yQ.cspx
Yes, they did. And their bid was lower than the Canadian company. Let me find the link for you....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#4 Nov 15, 2012
This article has more info than the one from channel 13...
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NY-dri...

Location hidden

#5 Nov 15, 2012
Steel City Steelers wrote:
This article has more info than the one from channel 13...
http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/NY-dri...
Thanks. This article was much more informative.

From new13'a article:
"State DMV Commissioner Barbara Fiala responded with this statement:
'The current contract for the production of driver license and non-driver documents expires in May, 2013. As required, DMV issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for companies capable of producing the documents after that date. Three companies responded to the RFP. Each of their parent organizations are based outside of the United States.'....."

When I combine that from the Times Union article, I interpret that to say that De La Rue (De La Rue is currently doing our licenses.), based in England, and Massachusetts-based MorphoTrustUSA, and CBN were the only companies to bid. But wait, didn't Fiala say that all companies are parented outside the US? It's true, MorphoTrustUSA is owned by Safran which is a French company.

There is a story here, we just need an agency that can tell it. I think it starts with some serious kickbacks but I would love to see a piece on why there isn't any true American companies that are willing to go after a piece of this pie.
Chirp Chirp

United States

#6 Nov 15, 2012
A little birdie told me something. It told me that SCS is really Nickbo.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#7 Nov 15, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Something sure doesn't sound right.$38 millon more for a DL that isn't even in color and made in Canada? I have to wonder who has a family member that has stock in the company or who has their hand in the cookie jar.These DL's should made in NYS or at the very least made in the USA. When will the fools that we put in office wake up to the fact that NY is flat broke and try to cut out wastefull spending like this?Never seems to come to mind,idiots.
Pigpen

The truth is.

New York State finds it to expensive to do business in New York State.

Has something to do with Taxes, Fee,s & Regulations.
Chirp Chirp

United States

#8 Nov 15, 2012
Another birdie told me PigPen is really Nickbo.
Chirp Chirp

United States

#10 Nov 16, 2012
Bang bang bang is also Nickbo

Rochester, NY

#11 Nov 16, 2012
Chirp Chirp wrote:
Bang bang bang is also Nickbo
How is it possible that nickbo is about 30 different posters? Is it even possible to be 30 different posters? Wouldn't you need 30 different email addresses?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#12 Nov 16, 2012
Purple 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that nickbo is about 30 different posters? Is it even possible to be 30 different posters? Wouldn't you need 30 different email addresses?
Chirp Chip,RFCBF and about 25 other different trolls on here are all the same person,Rhonda.She/he/it changes "it's" name so many times a day that most people can't keep up then blames everyone for doing what "it" does.A troll's troll.And yes you can change your posting name without changing your IP address.

Rochester, NY

#13 Nov 16, 2012
pigpen911 wrote:
<quoted text>Chirp Chip,RFCBF and about 25 other different trolls on here are all the same person,Rhonda.She/he/it changes "it's" name so many times a day that most people can't keep up then blames everyone for doing what "it" does.A troll's troll.And yes you can change your posting name without changing your IP address.
Cool, thanks. I don't know all the "ins and outs" of Topix
Gogglehead

Rochester, NY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Purple, I know who you are, don't I
Bills 19 Dolphins 14

United States

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Gogglehead wrote:
Yes, we all do. LOL.

Rochester, NY

#16 Nov 17, 2012
Gogglehead wrote:
Do you? I don't know anyone named Gogglehead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D&C 2015 Price Increase 6 min Whitey 2
Brother wease el and hate 24 min Whitey 13
The Africa I Know Isn't The Africa In The Headl... 1 hr Rhonda 1
RCSD tries to stem chronic absences 6 hr Whitey 7
RFD: Woman set fire to home with kids inside 6 hr Whitey 10
Suspension Rate Discussion Scares Racist Teachers 6 hr Rhonda 24
Do you agree with my views on interracial dating? (Nov '10) 8 hr FUBO 73
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web