Snowden Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Posted in the Rochester Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kurt

Victor, NY

#1 Jul 16, 2013
A Swedish professor has nominated Snowden for the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize.

"Giving him the prize would also save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute that incurred by the hasty and extremely ill-conceived decision to award U.S. President Barack Obama the prize," according to professor Stefan Svallfors.

He notes ultimately that at great personal cost, "Edward Snowden has helped to make the world a little bit better and safer."
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#2 Jul 16, 2013
It figures that this statement would come from ultra liberal Sweden. This is the Country that has given in to Islam and taxes it's people to the point of starvation. Snowden is a traitor and belongs in a dark prison cell the rest of his life.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 16, 2013
Kurt wrote:
"Giving him the prize would also save the Nobel Peace Prize from the disrepute that incurred by the hasty and extremely ill-conceived decision to award U.S. President Barack Obama the prize," according to professor Stefan Svallfors.
The Nobel Committee erred in not naming Obama's Teleprompter as co-recipient.
Professor

Pittsford, NY

#4 Jul 16, 2013
Snowden is a hero.

The Obama administration has erased many of our rights, particularly when it comes to privacy. Snowden alerted us to the widespread abuse of power.

I an absolutely fed up with the shoot from the hip mentality of the Obama gang's governance. He will go down as the worst President in U.S. history.
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2013
Professor wrote:
Snowden is a hero.
The Obama administration has erased many of our rights, particularly when it comes to privacy. Snowden alerted us to the widespread abuse of power.
I an absolutely fed up with the shoot from the hip mentality of the Obama gang's governance. He will go down as the worst President in U.S. history.
There are correct ways to show your displeasure with the Federal Government....disclosing National secrets to our sworn enemies is not the way to do it. He is an uneducated (High School dropout), self serving fool that deserves about 8 weeks in Paris Island to knock some discipline into his thick skull. And all you over educated, liberal Obama loving professors should also service and respect your Country.
NASCAR

Honeoye Falls, NY

#6 Jul 16, 2013
Only time will tell Grasshopper if any or at all, Mr. Snowden's, by law, treasonous act, will better the country or put us all in more harm's way. Benedict Arnold or St. Snowden.....
Curious though, if there was an attack by terrorists being planned out and Obama was caught walking around the Rose Garden waiting to sign in a new bill or two and checking the organic veggies and it went undetected until too late, what would your thoughts be then?
And who pushed through the Patriot Act which has been sniffing around your sock drawer for over a decade? Hmmmmm....
Goose and gander guys. Goose and gander.
Professor

Pittsford, NY

#7 Jul 16, 2013
Country Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are correct ways to show your displeasure with the Federal Government....disclosing National secrets to our sworn enemies is not the way to do it. He is an uneducated (High School dropout), self serving fool that deserves about 8 weeks in Paris Island to knock some discipline into his thick skull. And all you over educated, liberal Obama loving professors should also service and respect your Country.
Clearly you can't comprehend opinions. I have very little, if any, respect for how the Obama administration conducts itself - clearly spelled out in my first response. I am a republican conservative, however, I believe Snowden did the right thing.

Obama should have never received the Nobel Peace Prize.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#8 Jul 16, 2013
Professor wrote:
The worst president in the history of civilization - in this universe or any other.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#9 Jul 16, 2013
NASCAR wrote:
Curious though, if there was an attack by terrorists being planned out and Obama was caught walking around the Rose Garden waiting to sign in a new bill or two and checking the organic veggies and it went undetected until too late, what would your thoughts be then?
You mean, like the terrorist attack on Benghazi? Hmmmmm....

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#10 Jul 16, 2013
Das right chillren wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst president in the history of civilization - in this universe or any other.
What about FDR. He is the president that set the stage we are in today.The destruction of American ideals started with him.Worst part is the amount of people who give him credit for ending the Great Depression by starting policies that put people in a position of dependence on the national government for there needs.When in fact the depression was ended by the boom in private sector industry due to the war in Europe.
European Behavior

Rochester, NY

#11 Jul 16, 2013
Snowden is the traitor of America. I guess that means he is a hero. he will be celebrated for being a traitor, I guess it's the American way. steal, lie, run and hide.

“"Trust no one"”

#12 Jul 16, 2013
European Behavior wrote:
Snowden is the traitor of America. I guess that means he is a hero. he will be celebrated for being a traitor, I guess it's the American way. steal, lie, run and hide.
He is not a traitor.He exposed government wrong doing.
European Behavior

Rochester, NY

#13 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
no, like the one that did the Edward R. Murrow building in Oklahoma in and did the school shootings. those ones that go to other countries and commit acts of war, those ones too
European Behavior

Rochester, NY

#14 Jul 16, 2013
Professor wrote:
Snowden is a hero.
the abuse of power started long before Obama came on the scene. Best look to the 60's.

Snowden is a traitor. why do certain people get called hero's when they expose and others get demonized ?
NASCAR

Honeoye Falls, NY

#15 Jul 16, 2013
<quoted text>
No. More like the president who continued to read a storybook to children for eight entire minutes while the Towers were being driven into. Guess he was waiting for the Bin Laden family to gather their wits about them and prepare to fly out of the Boston before they shut down the airspace. Maybe Bush was just thinking "whoops, pilot error".

Who would fly into the Towers----again, right?

Spare me you Obama haters. Like Jack Nicholson's line in A Few Good Men: " You can't HANDLE the truth!"

Let the President run the country and go play gin rummy or some other old man card game....
Professor

Pittsford, NY

#16 Jul 16, 2013
NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me you Obama haters. Like Jack Nicholson's line in A Few Good Men: " You can't HANDLE the truth!"
Let the President run the country and go play gin rummy or some other old man card game....
This from a Nascar moron. Have another beer and fire up the meth pipe.
Das right chillren

Rochester, NY

#17 Jul 16, 2013
NASCAR wrote:
Spare me you Obama haters.
I don't hate anyone, although I do despise liberals.

“"Trust no one"”

#19 Jul 16, 2013
NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
No. More like the president who continued to read a storybook to children for eight entire minutes while the Towers were being driven into. Guess he was waiting for the Bin Laden family to gather their wits about them and prepare to fly out of the Boston before they shut down the airspace. Maybe Bush was just thinking "whoops, pilot error".
Who would fly into the Towers----again, right?
Bush and Obama are the same.They are both working for the same endgame agenda.They are both global government puppets.
Professor

Pittsford, NY

#20 Jul 16, 2013
I think we can all agree that NASCAR is the new village idiot on Topix.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#21 Jul 16, 2013
Professor wrote:
I think we can all agree that NASCAR is the new village idiot on Topix.
Same ole person with yet another screen name. No one new.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Men Shot Outside Rochester Bar 2 hr sho u right 9
Another Pierson Memorial to be Unveiled 3 hr Phil 4
Texas Cops Shoot man dead with his hands up 7 hr HandsUpDontShoot 1
News Social Worker May Sue RCSD 8 hr Jethro 2
Atlanta Cops go to wrong house and shoot owner,... 9 hr FatLoudMouthyBlks 2
News CrimeStoppers has $10,000 reward in Boys & Girl... 10 hr FatLoudMouthyBlaks 61
News Man convicted in 2007 murder-for-hire 11 hr Quincy Magoo 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages