The Mia Foundation

The Mia Foundation

There are 52 comments on the RochesterHomepage.net story from May 11, 2012, titled The Mia Foundation. In it, RochesterHomepage.net reports that:

Mia died of complications from pneumonia last month. Her story sparked international buzz on social media.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RochesterHomepage.net.

Norma Gaddy

United States

#21 May 18, 2012
These cruel, mean folks have no clue what this foundation stands for and what Mia meant to so many .... it's really a shame that one tiny little 1+ pound dog had more love in her heart than all of these cruel bas***ds clumped all together have .... Get a life and stay the heck away from ours ... it's obvious they don't know their "backsides" from a hole in the ground ...
Sue .... please know that all of us know (more than anybody) that you and Gary would NEVER have let your precious Mia suffer ... Mia was the happiest little dog and so full of life, so loving ... and Hope, just look at her .... she's happy, just like the rest of your babies ...
This foundation will help many many animals, so please, if you can't say anything nice, and don't want to be a part of this, then just go the h*** away !!!!!
jj taylor

Hebron, KY

#22 May 18, 2012
Number 1. The owner of Mia, is very educated on health issues etc, when it comes to takeing care of all kinds of animals.
Number 2. The first forthmost thing that Mia's owner was most sure about, is that she would not have Mia suffer, etc. She put her feelings above her own.
Number 3. For those that do not follow Mia's story and her life, for you to make uneducated statements is beneath you. You need to educate one's self on issues before opening your mouth, and speaking ill thoughts.
Number 4. This loveable dog,(Mia) showed so much spunk, the care to love others, people and animals , and it was all kinds of animals just not the k-9 world. Mia had a heart that would melt any one that laid eyes on her, with her personality and afectionist SMILE.
Number 5. Perhaps, those that dont understand the animal world will never truly understand what LOVE is all about. We dont need to know of your selfish who-care attitude of uneducated thoughts that you may have on Mia.-
Number 6. Im so happy that I was able to get to know this loveable dog name Mia. I will continue to follow her and honor her through trying to get the word out to educate people that need info on dogs with disabilities and such..
Number 7. Mia you will be everyone's Sunshine. xo
Stacey Arlene

Creston, IA

#23 May 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.
Concerned Citizen, You have NO RIGHT to say that Mia's owners were selfish. Do you know them personal NO. You are just someone who is to scared to post your name! So unless you know the whole story then don't go around tossed stones at glass houses. Mia was loved very much. And YES she had a disability but that made no difference, The HUGE amount of people around the world that loved Mia seen picture each and every day of this little gift from God playing, running and getting into things, and you want to say she suffered. SHAME ON YOU. Her owners are in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SELFISH. To her owners Mia was a child would you "kill" your child just because of birth defect? NO so don't go around saying things unless you have the facts.
jj taylor

Hebron, KY

#24 May 18, 2012
Norma Gaddy wrote:
These cruel, mean folks have no clue what this foundation stands for and what Mia meant to so many .... it's really a shame that one tiny little 1+ pound dog had more love in her heart than all of these cruel bas***ds clumped all together have .... Get a life and stay the heck away from ours ... it's obvious they don't know their "backsides" from a hole in the ground ...
Sue .... please know that all of us know (more than anybody) that you and Gary would NEVER have let your precious Mia suffer ... Mia was the happiest little dog and so full of life, so loving ... and Hope, just look at her .... she's happy, just like the rest of your babies ...
This foundation will help many many animals, so please, if you can't say anything nice, and don't want to be a part of this, then just go the h*** away !!!!!
AMEN.........
Norma Gaddy

United States

#25 May 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
What they don't tell you is that Mia lived most of her life with respiratory problems. The poor dog suffered everyday just to breath. I understand these people loved her and wanted to save her but they were selfish in the long run by letting her suffer. Instead of humanely euthanizing her at the end they took her home and let her basically suffocate from the pneumonia.
How DARE you judge and say these cruel things ... Mia did not suffer ... Sue and Gary would NEVER have allowed it ...
and, what makes you the expert, huh? Were you there with her 24hours a day? I think not ... Sue NEVER left this baby's side .. if you had a brain and knew what you were talking about, you'd know this .... what makes you think she "suffered everyday"? You obviously have never seen her videos or pictures .. if so, you would know what a fool you have made of yourself by saying this ... Mia was a very special gift from God .... she touched so many hearts and knew the true meaning of pure unconditional love ... something you obviously know nothing about ... jerk !!!!!!
Lisa B

Walnut Creek, CA

#26 May 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen and Eddie's opinions don't carry much weight with me because I know the truth about Mia, and they don't. Haters never do like good news story. Sad.
sonja

Rochester, NY

#27 May 18, 2012
You are so wrong about this lil dog....she did not suffer...infact..she brought happiness and life into everyone she came in contact to...What gives you the right to judge someone for what their personal feelings are about something....You dont know and you are not in her shoes...if you knew the dog and saw what this lil animal did for people you would understand....until then...stfu with your dirty comments and let her rest in peace!!!
Norma Gaddy

United States

#28 May 18, 2012
jj taylor wrote:
Number 1. The owner of Mia, is very educated on health issues etc, when it comes to takeing care of all kinds of animals.
Number 2. The first forthmost thing that Mia's owner was most sure about, is that she would not have Mia suffer, etc. She put her feelings above her own.
Number 3. For those that do not follow Mia's story and her life, for you to make uneducated statements is beneath you. You need to educate one's self on issues before opening your mouth, and speaking ill thoughts.
Number 4. This loveable dog,(Mia) showed so much spunk, the care to love others, people and animals , and it was all kinds of animals just not the k-9 world. Mia had a heart that would melt any one that laid eyes on her, with her personality and afectionist SMILE.
Number 5. Perhaps, those that dont understand the animal world will never truly understand what LOVE is all about. We dont need to know of your selfish who-care attitude of uneducated thoughts that you may have on Mia.-
Number 6. Im so happy that I was able to get to know this loveable dog name Mia. I will continue to follow her and honor her through trying to get the word out to educate people that need info on dogs with disabilities and such..
Number 7. Mia you will be everyone's Sunshine. xo
Amen, my "Mia Sister" !!!!!!!!
Kim Maiorana

United States

#29 May 18, 2012
Those saying hurtful things should think about this family and how they are grieving over the loss of Mia. If you visit Mia's Facebook page or her we site, you will see a beautiful, happy puppy, who had so much life. She runs around and plays with her siblings and the kittens and her toys. If she suffered daily from breathing issues she would not be able to do all these things. Please don't be disrespectful towards a family you don't know. They are wonderf and loving and have feelings and love Mia will all their heart. To see such inconsiderate comments like Mia is an ugly runt and things of that nature is just not necessary and only hurts others. Team Mia is over 8,000 strong....so you have many people who will support and back this family up and stand strong with them! Mia, you are beautiful baby and I miss you so much! Love you Peanut! <3
Lila kraska

United States

#30 May 18, 2012
I can't believe people can be so cruel. Would you kill your child if they were born less than perfect.this little dog has brought smiles,laughs and brought people together. Maybe you should stop be so cruel. Or are you so sad and unhappy with you own life this is how you get pleasure. Very sick maybe you should get some counciling.
jj taylor

Hebron, KY

#31 May 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
You are wong, You were not there, You are not educated on the matter when it come's to Mia.
Fran -

Lafayette, LA

#32 May 18, 2012
Don't fall pray to the STUPID MORONS who have no soul. They didn't know or even take the time to see what Mia, Sue & Gary were all about. Leave them to their selfish & heartless comments. Much love to MIA ~ Rest in Peace.
Susan Marit

Bobcaygeon, Canada

#33 May 18, 2012
For all of the negative people on this page.....perhaps you should educate yourselves before you get diarhea of the mouth. This little miracle dog did not suffer they way you have suggested and to make nasty and slanderous comments about the owner, who by the way IS educated is intolerable. Mia brought together people from all over the world for a mutual cause, the humane treatment of animals. What have any of you done with your miserable lives except put others down for doing something you dont have the intelligence to do. Seriously get a life and before you make nasty remarks try to educate yourselves so you have a clue as to what you are talking about.
Susan Marit

Bobcaygeon, Canada

#34 May 18, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
Perhaps if your child had asthma or other respiratory trouble you should euthanize it...maybe save the world from people like you.
Susan Marit

Bobcaygeon, Canada

#35 May 18, 2012
Kim Maiorana wrote:
Those saying hurtful things should think about this family and how they are grieving over the loss of Mia. If you visit Mia's Facebook page or her we site, you will see a beautiful, happy puppy, who had so much life. She runs around and plays with her siblings and the kittens and her toys. If she suffered daily from breathing issues she would not be able to do all these things. Please don't be disrespectful towards a family you don't know. They are wonderf and loving and have feelings and love Mia will all their heart. To see such inconsiderate comments like Mia is an ugly runt and things of that nature is just not necessary and only hurts others. Team Mia is over 8,000 strong....so you have many people who will support and back this family up and stand strong with them! Mia, you are beautiful baby and I miss you so much! Love you Peanut! <3
Kim I totally agree with you. Team Mia will not allow these a##holes to be so disrespectful to Mia or so slanderous of Sue and her treatment of this little angel. Mia did things that they are totally jealous of and they oviously havent followed the story
The man

Rochester, NY

#37 May 19, 2012
"She had a cleft palate and struggled to survive. Mia died of complications from pneumonia last month."

Struggled to survive?

What does that mean? The dog was comfortable and happy?

Died of complications from pneumonia.

What does that mean? The dog was comfortable and happy?

I guess I stand corrected here.
The man

Rochester, NY

#38 May 19, 2012
"The Rogers have spent $30,000 to have her undergo seven surgeries to try and correct the problem. The surgeries worked only temporarily and Mia still cannot eat and drink normally."

So, who are the freaks here?

The Rogers are the freaks.

Compassion? How about a Mia coffee mug or a Mia T-shirt or a Mia condom? Obviously the Rogers have some serious issues. We call that PROFIT! Let's make some money off this stupid sick dog. We'll get all the old single women to send us money! Great idea! The Mia Foundation is NOT a registered charity and does not have a dba. Sending them any money goes directly into thier POCKETS. This is a BUSINESS you nitwits.
Jane Dough

Rochester, NY

#39 May 19, 2012
White folks are nuts.
The man

Rochester, NY

#40 May 20, 2012
"Rogers has spent about $40,000 in under two years for Mia’s surgeries. She tells News10NBC she doesn’t feel comfortable taking money from other people. The only support she wants is the emotional kind."

How nice. Then what's with all the goofy merchandising and fund-raising?

Make up your mind. Is it $30K or $40K?

"The Rogers have spent $30,000 to have her undergo seven surgeries to try and correct the problem."
Fran Walsh

United States

#41 Jun 5, 2012
Mia represents the best of the best. Bless her & her legacy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Media Declaring Clinton Victorious - Trump Defe... 15 min Former Supporter 9
i hope the Bills lose today so they can fire Re... 41 min south avenue wedge 24
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 1 hr The Other Guys 745
Presidential Debate - What to Watch For 2 hr perfect 16
What's with these black women and their giganti... 13 hr perfect 14
Filling seats at the first presidential debate Mon Ha Ha 10
When I die, I'm gonna move to Colorado Mon Ha Ha 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance