Opening arguments begin in trial of Avon man accused of killing...

Opening arguments have begun today in the case of an Avon man accused of driving drunk and killing his friend. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stooopid

Batavia, NY

#1 Aug 25, 2009
what a loser boop is . he should man up and go to jail
BreakingNews

Escanaba, MI

#2 Aug 25, 2009
stooopid wrote:
what a loser boop is . he should man up and go to jail
He did "man up", he excerised his right to due process so to make the state prove their case against him.
Big Brother

Naples, FL

#3 Aug 25, 2009
Families need to stop putting ALL the blame with the drivers. People that accidentaly die had and have the the right to say No. The blame is not only with the driver but every person who decides on their own to get into a car. Those who died, decided on their own it was ok to drive with that sword and now they have died by that sword. It is what it is and the law needs to start holding all parties responsible for all of their negligence.
Cal-NY

Lancaster, PA

#4 Aug 25, 2009
This Disgusts me. If Aaron had any remorse for what he had done, he would at very least admit to what he did that night. He wouldn't try to turn it around and say that he wasn't the driver of the vehicle or even try to lie about taking that child's life. He owes that to the Zajac family. It's sick that he can only get up to 15 years in prison for his crime, at most, he will spend just as little time in prison, as Nick had to live. He should spend the rest of his life in prison for his crime. He had no right to be behind the wheel of any vehicle, let alone with a passenger. My heart goes out to the Zajac family and i hope that Boop rots in prison and has to think about that night for the rest of his pitiful life!
Jack Daniels

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 25, 2009
Aaron Boop will be affectionately known as Erin Boop once Bubba and his buddies get to know his acquaintance in State Prison.
cal-mum

Lancaster, PA

#6 Aug 25, 2009
"Families need to stop putting ALL the blame with the drivers. People that accidentaly die had and have the the right to say No."
ALL of the blame in this case should be on the driver. IN EVERY CASE like this- it should always be on the driver. As for "accidentally die"??? It was no accident that Aaron Boop- waited over a half an hour before he called paramedics, that he called his girlfriend before he called the paramedics, AND that he had moved Nick Zajac's body before they arrived!! He was thinking about himself before he even thought about trying to save that child's life. Who knows if he would've lived if he would have done all three of those things differently. It was no accident that aaron Boop was driving a vehicle while drunk, with no license, and picked up a CHILD and drove that night at all. THAT IS NO ACCIDENT. He should pay for what he did, NO one else. PURE STUPIDITY
calmum

Newark, NY

#7 Aug 25, 2009
people need to think nick did make the decision to get into the car..he knew there was drinking going on him being drunk himself...and beer cans all over at his parents place...aaron never held a gun to his head telling him what decision to make. Aaron should not be held accountable for nicks actions only his own....for example the case a few years ago with walsh and paladino...same exact thing walsh only got 6 months
Mary in Webster

Rochester, NY

#8 Aug 29, 2009
Well, "big Brother" you would not feel like that if it were your little sister or brother or God forbid your own child.....ignorant is not thye word for you
Big Brother wrote:
Families need to stop putting ALL the blame with the drivers. People that accidentaly die had and have the the right to say No. The blame is not only with the driver but every person who decides on their own to get into a car. Those who died, decided on their own it was ok to drive with that sword and now they have died by that sword. It is what it is and the law needs to start holding all parties responsible for all of their negligence.
Patty

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 29, 2009
This truly is very sad. Once you've had a couple beers you "think" you can drive to fullest capacity. Not true!! I just wish these people could all take a test after consuming 2 drinks in an hours time and make them realize that their abilities have been impaired. They'll never know until they kill someone. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Mother

Rochester, NY

#10 Sep 8, 2009
Aaron loses a cousin almost 6 years ago in a car accident, then I hear his own sister gets a DWI and could have almost killed herself & a friend passenger on her way home from the city one evening, Aaron got behind the wheel of that vehical knowing there was no ins. let alone he had no lisence due to a prior/past conviction/convictions of a DWI and whatever else, his girlfriend whom gave the vehical to him knew he didn't have a liscence either, his father got a DWI during all of this that's ging on, there is and has been a long history of inccidents in the Boops family as there has been in everyones life out there not just the Boops! They are not bad people they are no diff. than anyone else out there we all make mistakes in life but, it sounds to me like no one here will ever learn till it's to late and now that it took taking anothers life/ it took him to take the life of his best friend, and as for my feel on this seems like none of them and alot of other people out there will ever learn from 1 mistake and will keep making the same mistakes over & over & expect to keep getting breaks by the law, well now that another life has been taken and my heart goes out to the family who lost thier child in this terrible ordeal, I say the LAW/LAWS need to really show just cause as to what they should have done A LONG TIME AGO, show cause to the ones out there whom have had thier whole life turned upside down and had to live with losing a child/person in thier life due to the BREAKS that the LAWS give these kids/people over and over & whom want to be considered adults should be treated as adults, as the same for if you are an adult already, and are doing such stupid things ansd keep getting break after break and not learning then being that it took taking the life of someone to open thier eyes! None of us are perfect in this world but it sure is time the LAWS are changed to protect the lifes that are being taken day after day, REGARLESS IF THEY DIDN'T SAY ''NO'' TO GETTING INTO THE CAR. There are ALOT of cases out there where innocent people in other veicles are killed too and people like Aaron himself could have taken the life of another not even in his own vehicle! If it were my child whom did this I would excpect him/her to pay, and it would hurt also, but it hurts a WHOLE LOT MORE LOSING YOUR CHILD or someone you love so dearly! May Laws see justification done to stop all the lives that have been lost due to Wreckless driving under the influence!
Retired On My Own

Naples, FL

#11 Sep 8, 2009
Mother wrote:
May Laws see justification done to stop all the lives that have been lost due to Wreckless driving under the influence!
New laws need to be passed and called "Passenger Responsibility" Massachusetts passed the law and now NY needs to step up and pass "Passenger Responsibility" too. end of story

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#12 Sep 10, 2009
Retired On My Own wrote:
<quoted text>
New laws need to be passed and called "Passenger Responsibility" Massachusetts passed the law and now NY needs to step up and pass "Passenger Responsibility" too. end of story
What in the world would enacting MORE laws do when two kids want to drink and drive? They obviously were drunk, they obviously knew the danger. What would yet another law do? It's time people took responsibility, got their lives together and not expect the government to, nor rely on someone else to fix their kid's problem..

Since: Sep 09

East Syracuse, NY

#13 Sep 10, 2009
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world would enacting MORE laws do when two kids want to drink and drive? They obviously were drunk, they obviously knew the danger. What would yet another law do? It's time people took responsibility, got their lives together and not expect the government to, nor rely on someone else to fix their kid's problem..
I agree with you!!, Everyone is quick to blame something on somebody or something else, It all starts at home and the way they are brought up.
The only people that do not complain about the system failing them is the people home raising there children the right way. we don't need a bunch of laws, we need responsible parents!

East Syracuse, NY

#14 Sep 10, 2009
Retired On My Own wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a great idea move to massachusetts.
13SUKS

Naples, FL

#15 Sep 10, 2009
Reality 01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a great idea move to massachusetts.
you live in Newark. Stay there. You must like feeding on the cow manuer.
Mother

Rochester, NY

#16 Sep 10, 2009
Reality 01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you!!, Everyone is quick to blame something on somebody or something else, It all starts at home and the way they are brought up.
The only people that do not complain about the system failing them is the people home raising there children the right way. we don't need a bunch of laws, we need responsible parents!
OH PLEASE!!Stop blaming the parents as to how the kids were raised!! There are ALOT of kids out there whom were brought up very, very well, by thier parents, and have chose to do wrong things, and may I say how many chances should these kids get and they still do wrong! Sounds to me you just don't want anymore responsibilitys to paying more fines or jail time or whatever punishment should come of these issues, well, god forbid anything should ever happen to someone you love, There def. needs to be better laws of disiplinary actions on anyone not just kids whom choose to keep doing wrong and not learning from there mistakes, Kids know right from wrong! So again stop blaming the parents Kids do what they want to regardless of what the parents say! Hell, they get tickets and keep getting into trouble and they don't even learn from the laws that they break the 1st 2nd or even 3rd times! So they should be punished with steaper punishments!

East Syracuse, NY

#17 Sep 11, 2009
13SUKS wrote:
<quoted text> you live in Newark. Stay there. You must like feeding on the cow manuer.
i'm sorry could you please re-post your thoughts in english.
mumford

Rochester, NY

#18 Sep 12, 2009
all the boops are losers
Mother

Rochester, NY

#19 Sep 27, 2009
This comment goes to ''retired on my own! as for what you wrote about passing laws about passengers responsibilitys? Well again, may I say that ''anyone'' & Aaron also, if he didn't have that boy in his car then he or anyone driving under the influence could have taken the life of someone else, I agree that the passengers have the right to say NO to getting into the car, but it all lies behind the driver as being responsible for ALL whom they allow in thier car... What if it were his child, a baby who can't say no or another vehicle passing by and something bad were to happen, It's the drivers resopnibilty period!!! AMEN!! TO THE JURY THAT FOUND HIM GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!
jay

Williamson, NY

#20 Apr 16, 2013
My Prayers go out to the kids and there family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Secur... (Sep '11) 6 min Friend of Bobby G 57
What does wease cares pay for 3 hr Ezra 18
Another Stupid Teen Dead in Missouri 3 hr Ezra 30
The Human Spirit: My dear Jewish brethren 4 hr Jokette 1
Brother wease el and hate 5 hr Slammer 17
pants up dont loot 6 hr Jokette 3
Yoohoo Rhoooonda! 8 hr ape hat 43
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info