Woman sentenced for driving school bu...

Woman sentenced for driving school bus while drunk

There are 22 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 5, 2010, titled Woman sentenced for driving school bus while drunk. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A 56-year-old woman who drove a school bus while drunk has been sentenced to 90 days in a western New York county jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dick B

Bronx, NY

#1 Jan 5, 2010
Only 90 days, what's wrong with this Judge?
Dick B

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 5, 2010
Only 90 days for this crime? What's wrong with this Judge, or is he or she really one? Makes me sick about our system.
IrishEyes

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 5, 2010
What about that new law that's in effect for being caught behind the wheel with minors in the vehicle...doesn't that give more than 90 days?
RocCityRules

Oswego, NY

#4 Jan 5, 2010
Now if this woman was black, she would have gotten way more than 90s days, and the racist comments on here would be out of hand. I know many of you would disagree with me, but that's just how it is.

Since: Sep 09

Rochester, NY

#5 Jan 5, 2010
only 90 days?
is she drinking with the judge?
does she loose her licence?
and for how long?

i would think putting that many children at risk should carry a longer and stiffer fine.
one more thing, does she get good time off her sentance?
that good time should be added, NOT taken off...
i am a moron

Rush, NY

#6 Jan 5, 2010
IrishEyes wrote:
What about that new law that's in effect for being caught behind the wheel with minors in the vehicle...doesn't that give more than 90 days?
i think she did this before the law started .... lucky her .... would have had to do a ton of time.
hugh jorgen

Clearwater, FL

#7 Jan 5, 2010
i think she was framed by the madd folk!!!
Spence

Naples, FL

#9 Jan 5, 2010
Wow 90 in Jail.. She must be related to some Elected Official....Hmmmm
brian

Paducah, KY

#10 Jan 5, 2010
hi
Twanker

Holden, MA

#11 Jan 5, 2010
I want to see the video of the bus ride.
Hippo Crate

Rochester, NY

#12 Jan 5, 2010
Sounds like an honest mistake. How many times have you gone bar hopping only to wake up with an awful headache at the drivers seat of a school bus full of screaming kids. I hate when that happens.
HAHA

United States

#13 Jan 5, 2010
Hippo Crate wrote:
Sounds like an honest mistake. How many times have you gone bar hopping only to wake up with an awful headache at the drivers seat of a school bus full of screaming kids. I hate when that happens.
great !lol
Salad

Falls Church, VA

#14 Jan 5, 2010
I think I'm gonna start drinking and driving again.... What's the worst they gonna do? Say I kill someone. What? I'm looking at 6 months (Tia Gerstner).

I'm not scared of these "tough DWI laws"... what a joke!
moveonrochester

Farmington, NY

#15 Jan 5, 2010
I wonder if the sentence includes the fact of child endangerment charges...1 charge for every student on the bus. I have to admit that all my life I've done okay.I don't make alot of money but am able to support myself and save a little. I only drink on occasion if I go out to dinner, make sure I have health, insurance, car insurance, pay the rent on time and all the other things in life a responsible person is supposed to do...and I can't catch a break, then you have a 56 year old woman, driving a school bus drunk and only get 90 days. What the &#!&
batman

Rochester, NY

#16 Jan 5, 2010
90 days, wow that's a long time, first DWI and 90 days,this is a set up she was framed by the rabbit. That's it I'm moving out with Al Joe. What, he is still here? O well
kathie12

Warsaw, NY

#17 Jan 5, 2010
Wow 90 days for the
dwi. What sentence for endangering the welfare of a child? 15 of them. Something smells fishy here.

Wow 90 days for a DWI. What for endangering the welfare of a child? 15 of them. Where are the parents and what are they and the school board members doing? Can't believe they should't have something to do and say.
Realist

Macedon, NY

#18 Jan 5, 2010
Kathie12 - The parents and the school board members can say what they want but setencing is up to the judge. Also, most individuals convicted of first offense DWI do not get jail time. Loss of license for six months, a fine and a surcharge.
Hippo Crate

Rochester, NY

#19 Jan 5, 2010
Realist wrote:
Kathie12 - The parents and the school board members can say what they want but setencing is up to the judge. Also, most individuals convicted of first offense DWI do not get jail time. Loss of license for six months, a fine and a surcharge.
Also note that many people that get pulled over with a BAC high enough to get charged with a DWI don't end up getting convicted of a DWI on the first offense. It really depends on how much you want to spend on a lawyer. So basically you have to be quite the menace to society in order to get any jail time.
YesIamPretty

Rochester, NY

#20 Jan 5, 2010
Was she distraught about not being allowed to join the Beautiful People Dating Club?
Stacey

Medina, NY

#21 Jan 5, 2010
If you want to see the video.. go here

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/05/mart...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOP pollster: Republicans may hold on to the Ho... 16 min IescapedNY 3
Pastor prays for Trump to have 'supernatural wi... 8 hr Bovenzi13 11
Sen. Schumer: Not enough being done to investig... 8 hr meatpuppet 8
Rochester Forum 8 hr meatpuppet 7
Pittsford man hopes to combat loneliness among ... 9 hr Bovenzi13 9
Homeless have no pride. 15 hr Homeless 1
Today's the day I can feel it 15 hr Homeless 3

Rochester Jobs

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages