Drug Free Zone Public Forum

Posted in the Rochester Forum

RePigs friend

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 4, 2013
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
If you don't see someone hanging on a corner, it doesn't make it a "drug free zone".
How stupid can they be??
Another P/C feel good law. In case the cops and the city leaders didn't know it drugs are illegal thru out the state. I think that would make all of NY a drug free zone. Do they really think a pusher is going to follow drug free zone law anymore then they follow the S.A.F.E ACT? Sounds like another way to make money for the system.
Fatty Mc Fatten

Jacksonville, NC

#6 Dec 4, 2013
We'ze believe dat <puff, puff> Dope is a terrible thing to waste ... Burp ... "man Iz be hungry"

Now we be lookin into Captain Kangaroo as our 1st choice for Po PO chief . But The new Mayor Ugly Warren believes that da childrenz can't identify with whitey . So our second choice was Coco puffs or possibly < fart> Captain Crunch .. This will help the youth in the community identify with the the munchies ....burp ...I mean RPD & Po PO image betta .
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 6, 2013
All this law will do is drive drug deals into the drug houses, bars, party houses, and delivery service. Stand by for more house shootings, inside stabbings etc. Rearranging deck chairs. Huge market demand needs to be targeted not just places of sales.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 6, 2013
In the burbs they don't have these so-called open drug dealing, yet we always see these drug busts in the burbs.
How come the RPD can't have big drug busts when they even say the drug dealing is going on right in the open??
Hard evidence is harder to gather, groups have witnesses against police. Stake-outs harder for groups dealing than raids. Stop and frisk in the City is controversial.
lawsuit time

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 7, 2013
enact the law, the lawsuits will make someone rich and cost the city more money and negative attention....psycho nazis
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#18 Dec 7, 2013
RFCBF: More quantity of drugs, guns, and drug paraphernalia in a crack house in the burbs than on a person dealing on a city street corner. Do you bust just the person delivering the food, rather than the whole damn restaurant? Police need the goods, buys, evidence in Court for an arrest to stick not just a neighbor's complaint. Moving targets harder to score evidence than stationary targets.That's why hustlers street deal on the city corners. Nothing to do with lazy RPD, which there are.
Really have no clue what you are talking about.
My point is if they can make drug busts in the burbs, there is no reason why they can't in the city, especially if the drug dealing in the city is all done out in the open.
I don't here stop and frisk in the burbs, yet they still bet more and better drug busts.
It's because city cops don't really work.
Stop anyone and searching them and hoping they have something so you can arrest them is not real police work.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#20 Dec 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Well lets not forget that not only do the RPD claim drug dealers are on corners, the also claim there is "known drug houses".
Even in the news 2 days ago, a an rpd officer is claiming a dead body was found in a "known drug house".
Well, if its known, home come they don't do police work to make arrests for drug dealing like the police in the burbs do?
Not only do I think the RPD is lazy, I think they are clueless and don't have a clue on how to do police work. They think police work is going around and randomly harassing black city kids.
You clearly have no idea about the legal system. Not how it works or how it is supposed to.

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#22 Dec 7, 2013
I know its not good police work to go after drug dealers with only loitering charges.
I know its not good police work to prevent murders by mailing threatening letters to people they claim are gang members.
Tell us Rhonda. What would be your strategy for cleaning up the city. I surely do believe that the cops encourage crime and only superficially mange it in order to preserve their place. Still I'm sure all of us would like to here your strategic plan for the city.
RhonduH

Jacksonville, NC

#23 Dec 7, 2013
WORK FOR WELFARE ...Period ...NYS = Joke .

These uneducated , unskilled men <boys> should be able to work on County projects . Community service work ... Something ? Running with gangs is epidemic . Obviously the System would rather have them working for peanuts in prison ..

Nothing to see here , move along ...
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#28 Dec 8, 2013
RFCBF: The RPD could do a better job with crime and community PR. I agree, And hopefully a change in administration will help. I also know they have a HUGE JOB to do. Roc. crime is bigger than Brooklyn or NYC. Here are some stats for you.
Violent Crime Stats for 2012.
NYC= 3.98 per 1000 residents. Victim chances=1 in 251.
Brooklyn = 6.78 per 1000 residents. chances=1 in 159.
Rochester = 9.63 per 1000 residents, chances = 1 in 104
(Neighborhood Scout)
I think its wrong to compare the burbs PD with our RPD, UR comparing apples to oranges, two different crime area issues and problems.
<quoted text>
Well lets not forget that not only do the RPD claim drug dealers are on corners, the also claim there is "known drug houses".
Even in the news 2 days ago, a an rpd officer is claiming a dead body was found in a "known drug house".
Well, if its known, home come they don't do police work to make arrests for drug dealing like the police in the burbs do?
Not only do I think the RPD is lazy, I think they are clueless and don't have a clue on how to do police work. They think police work is going around and randomly harassing black city kids.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#30 Dec 8, 2013
Compare to RPD bar bouncers. I hope a new ROC administration can do much with community PR. And dig this, I was found guilty on a traffic ticket and the RPD didn't show to Court twice before. Get a ticket, ur guilty period. My lawyer says that Albany calls Rochester weekly to see what the Court revenue is so Albany can pay bills. What a racket.
NickboHasNoSocks wrote:
<quoted text>
We should compare the RPD to mall security officers.
They are closer to mall guards then they are real cops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monroe County Veterans Discount Card 1 hr nickbo13 2
Pittsford says no to tattoo parlor 3 hr call1176 1
Pittsford Says No Tattoo Parlor 3 hr Pumpkin Roit 10
what BROTHER WEASE CARES foundation will NOT p... (May '12) 6 hr slammersucks 58
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" CANCELLED by TLC 7 hr Pegasus 11
Breaking news 7 hr Gates PD Mental H... 21
Kitten Rescued from Vacant House Fire 10 hr K Borman 7
Rochester Dating
Find my Match

Rochester Jobs

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]