Ovid man arrested for menacing, reckless endangerment

State Police in Waterloo have arrested a man for waving a gun at a teenager. Police say Douglas Zammett of Ovid ran a 15-year-old boy and his ATV off the road and waved at handgun at the boy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boo hoo

Burdett, NY

#21 Oct 21, 2009
your all a bunch of whining scum get a life mind your business. for one its against the law to be on a four wheeler under 18 and against the law to be on the road the little brat was also throwing rocks at his house at three o' clock in the morning so choke on that, this is whats wrong with our neighborhood people like yourselves runnin your mouth get your facts straight
Someone who knows

AOL

#22 Oct 22, 2009
About time wrote:
This nut case has been menacing people for years, and the sheriffs dept has been letting him get away with it....I ask myself why? I AM THINKING HE MAY HAVE BEEN A NARC....or the Seneca county sheriff needs to grow some balls.
Clearly your delusional he gets arrested every time he takes a dump. People break in his house and he is arrested. He doesnt even own a gun. Its all BS. Definitely not a RAT. Yeah what about that kid with that ATV on the road. He didnt belong there and if he werent perhaps an encounter with a car would not happen. USE your fucking heads people.
Someone who knows

AOL

#23 Oct 22, 2009
About time wrote:
<quoted text> This guy is a complete moron, just look at his picture and read his arrest record. Anyone who would have to wonder what a 15 yr old kid on an atv in the middle of nowhere did to him to deserve it is a jerk.....
Oh you have access to his arrest record and you were there to know who did what right! I bet he did it fr giggles and that kid was innocent. Do you have any brain cells?
Someone who knows

AOL

#24 Oct 22, 2009
barb fox wrote:
i can't belive that zammett would do that but it doesnt susprise me he did a lot of other things also. this should have not happen in a small town like ovid and that kid should had gone threw that. i hope that he spends a long time in jail. if you want to see the zammett go to this - http://www.fingerlakes1.com/addedstories/2009... .
Barb hope that kid breaks into your house and terrorizes you next time. Zammet has a kid in that house that people are terrorizing I guess thats OK right BARB? He cant even has his daughter there because of people like that kid.
Someone who knows

AOL

#25 Oct 22, 2009
cayuga lake wrote:
he is a drug dealer and he made bail on friday and the bail was set for 25000 dollers. he also had to go to court last night for another thing he has done. he has a warrent for his arrest so if you see him call the police.
Um they know where he lives shitface. If they want him they know where to go. Boy everyone has shit to talk right? Put your real name on here pansy asses.
Someone who knows

AOL

#26 Oct 22, 2009
cayuga lake wrote:
he is a drug dealer and he made bail on friday and the bail was set for 25000 dollers. he also had to go to court last night for another thing he has done. he has a warrent for his arrest so if you see him call the police.
Dollers um isnt it Dollars and youre a crack head put your name up here so we know who knows where the drugs are. Since you seem to know where to score drugs. Funny I didnt read drugs in his arrests.
Someone who knows

AOL

#27 Oct 22, 2009
About time wrote:
Glad......does anyone know the charges this time and what is the bail? Maybe the judge will FINALLY keep him where he belongs. Maybe, just maybe, justice will finally be served.
If your in Rochester how do you know anything and dont you have more serious offenders to worry about. LOSER
Someone who knows

AOL

#28 Oct 22, 2009
Mr Skeptical wrote:
Not to justify what this guy did, he's obviously a moron, but I got to wonder what this kid did to piss him off.
This is ongoing tormenting by kids in the area this guy cant even have his daughter around because its not safe. Noone has a life out there so they harass this guy knowing he is a hot head.
Someone who knows

AOL

#29 Oct 22, 2009
NOTHING AMAZES ME ANYMORE wrote:
So this guy waves a gun and gets no bail and the 16 yr old girl on Conkey Ave. murders someone in cold blood and gets $50,000 bail????
This is corrct. and some dares say what a break he gets for being a narc while other says he sells drugs and wow none of it has any merrit
Someone who knows

AOL

#30 Oct 22, 2009
town business owner wrote:
This kid was probably tearing up his yard or fields, granted, flashing a gun is not the answer, but, this kid needs a good a** whooping...
He (the kid)was terrorizing his(Zammett) home. In Texas the kid would be dead.
Someone who knows

AOL

#31 Oct 22, 2009
I want my country back wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! What drugs is he on?!!!!
Wonder what you would look like if you were beat with a club and madder than hell. I have seen Seneca Co in action.
Someone who knows

AOL

#32 Oct 22, 2009
Did Seneca Counties finest actually recover this supposed handgun used here? My bet is NO!
I want my country back

Rochester, NY

#33 Oct 23, 2009
Someone who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder what you would look like if you were beat with a club and madder than hell. I have seen Seneca Co in action.
Well "Someone"...it is easier for dirtbags like you to sit behind your monitor and threaten people. Of course, if you are someone who knows...then you too are...well...in the same "class". I travel through Ovid sometimes, yeppers I do, have family over that way. Let the courts decide. Of course, the prison isn`t to far away...ever been there?! Hahahahahahaaaaa

Since: Nov 09

Victor, NY

#34 Nov 5, 2009
The lynch party has formed in Sheldrake to try to run out of town or otherwise get rid of someone who has done nothing wrong—just wanting to be left alone--even while he has endured years of ongoing harassment, abuses, threats and false/perjured claims.
His house has been shot at.
His windshield was smashed.
His house windows were broken.
So he put up some posted signs and later on, when the police would not investigate, he put up a fence.
People--including neighbors--then trained telescopes and binoculars into his house and property. Others were told lies by some of the—is there any other word—terrorists.
The house next door (as reported on 98.9 FM) was outfitted with a camera system and law enforcement people monitoring it until Doug's arrest. Then they packed up and left.

Rumors galore run through the echo-chamber impugning his character, claiming he is crazy, or a drug dealer, or operating a meth lab and who knows what other lies are being spread? I personally know that none of the above is true. Meanwhile, the police apparently haven't been able to find the time to adequately investigate Doug's prior complaints against some of the very people now abusing and accusing him.

I've personally (professionally) been to Doug's house perhaps a handful of times in as many years, top to bottom, and saw nothing illegal going on whatsoever. When Doug first told me what he was being subjected to, I was skeptical at first--Doug is a high energy dude, no doubt. Now, years later--it is plain to see he was and is correct.
Think I'm kidding? This was (mistakenly) confirmed to me about three years ago by one of the very people who have been impugning Doug's character and are continuing the effort of trying to get rid of him. To think there isn't a vendetta going on is insanity.

Recently, the same prominent local businessman-neighbor is reputed to have offered lots of cash for someone willing to lie in an effort to get rid of his neighbor.

Now get this--The investigator-now-justice-of-th e-peace once personally investigated Zammett--even using binoculars from a property nearby--yet did not excuse himself from hearing the case--instead ruling in favor of the prosecutor--who (deceitfully or ineptly?) arrived in court without any evidence or witnesses. The only way the word 'justice' could be used to describe it, is with the phrase 'antithesis of' in front of it.

Strange, innit??? But that's not all. The lynch party wasn't there--not a one of them--who must have been warned in advance that nothing would happen in court that day, and to stay away. And you think the system isn't rigged?

The sign Doug put up on his own fence is more truthful than many care to admit, and those railing against it won't be happy until the day the America most of us cherish (and some of us served for) becomes in practice a nation more properly called Amerika--a day I now fear coming at an ever-accelerating pace. Forgetting all else, Zammett’s free speech rights should be protected—otherwise all of ours are in peril.

UPDATE: The recently defeated DA candidate was seen loading stuff out of his "rented" (?) house in Sheldrake today, after having been there about a month more-or-less. It makes me even more suspicious about his so-called residency claims, and what he attested to concerning that issue. I'm guessing that an enterprising investigator might even find some illegalities--if so inclined to look, that is.

Since: Nov 09

Victor, NY

#35 Nov 5, 2009
Oooops,,,regarding the UPDATE above: make that yesterday (Thursday) that the candidate packed up--it's past midnight, I just realized.
Jim S

Rochester, NY

#36 Nov 8, 2009
It's not a what, it's a where. Ovid is a small town in Seneca couty
About time

Conesus, NY

#37 Nov 24, 2009
Someone who knows wrote:
Did Seneca Counties finest actually recover this supposed handgun used here? My bet is NO!
Boy you sure know alot....are you the infamous Dougie?
Plain Jane

Hilton, NY

#38 Nov 24, 2009
He needs to stop terriozing people and especially a 15 year old!
sooner or later

Romulus, NY

#41 Mar 10, 2013
and is to appear 02-19-13 at 1000 hrThe Seneca County Sheriff's Office reports that on 02-01-13 at 0959 hrs Deputies arrested Garrett A. Smith, age 18 of 2146 West Seneca St. Ovid NY. Smith was charged with two counts of Petit Larceny. Smith is accused of taking two electronic items from a Town of Ovid resident on two separate occasions in late 2012. Smith was charged and released on an appearance ticket s in front of the Town of Ovid court to face the charges.
sooner or later

Romulus, NY

#43 Mar 10, 2013
cayuga lake wrote:
zammett was arrested yesterday again
Seneca County Sheriffs Investigators and Deputies arrested Florencio L Alicea AGE: 28 of 7219 Ann Street Ovid NY. The arrest is a result of an investigation into two separate complaints from the Town of Ovid. Alicea allegedly slashed all four tires on a vehicle that was parked at an Ovid residence it is also alleged that Alicea took electronic items from a second Ovid residence. Alicea was charged with two counts of Petit Larceny (Class A Misdemeanors) and one count of Criminal Mischief in the third degree (Class E Felony). Alices was also arrested on an arrest warrant issued out of the Town of Ovid for another incident. The warrant charges Alicea with Criminal Contempt 2nd (Class A Misdemeanor) and Coercion in the second degree (Class A Misdemeanor) it is alleged that Alicea made contact with a person whom had a order of protection against him and while contacting this person he did threaten this person if they did not perform an act for Alicea. Alicea was arraigned before Town of Ovid Justice VanCleef and was remanded to the Seneca County Correctional Facility in lieu of $25,000.00 cash or $50,000.00 secure bond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sharpton called race provocateur on CNN 2 hr Moulen John 19
Homeless Shindig 10 hr Jokette 9
Dirty White Santa 11 hr Jokette 3
Weather Service Issues High Wind Warning For WNY 12 hr Ezra 3
Obama, Holder, Diblasio 13 hr Jokette 36
Another Stupid Teen Dead in Missouri 13 hr Jokette 17
Gay Men and Blood Donation 13 hr Jokette 5

High Wind Warning for Monroe County was issued at December 25 at 3:44AM EST

Rochester Dating
Find my Match