EMTs suspended after refusing to help collapsed pregnant woman

Two emergency medical technicians accused of refusing to help a pregnant woman who collapsed in the coffee shop where they were taking a break were suspended Monday, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg called their behavior inexcusable. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Nicole

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 21, 2009
OMG. I cant believe EMT's would let a pregnant lady just lay there collapsed. So what if they were on break its not like they couldnt get their drinks and meals after it. Maybe if they did their job she would still be alive.
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 21, 2009
If she was white, they wouldn't have just left her to die.
clifford clark

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 21, 2009
To have a job that serves the community and you have given a sworn testimonity to uphold to the citizens of your community you should always bare in mind that no matter what the scale is, it is all important. A black eye is not what our emts need the only thing needed is to let this incident be a lesson from the learning tree.
clifford clark

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 22, 2009
Ernest Hemingway wrote:
<quoted text>If they had helped her, Their coffee would have gotten cold! And she more than likely still would have died! I'm going to have to side with the EMT"S on this one
Exuse me miss, but, am I reading this right when you said that you prefer a snack over a human life and if so I suggest you seek help.
me myself and I

Farmington, MO

#6 Dec 22, 2009
I agree. That is cold. Not only was that a human life that was lost, since she was pregnant two died. it's sad. I'm still stuck on the comment "Their coffee would have gotten cold!" With an exclamation mark no less. What is this world coming to?
OWSH

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 22, 2009
me myself and I wrote:
I agree. That is cold. Not only was that a human life that was lost, since she was pregnant two died. it's sad. I'm still stuck on the comment "Their coffee would have gotten cold!" With an exclamation mark no less. What is this world coming to?
Would you feel differently if you learned she was doing drugs at the time?
Richard Hertz

Clearlake, CA

#8 Dec 22, 2009
me myself and I wrote:
Sooooooooo, does that mean the coffee served was
"To die for?"
barleycorn76

New York, NY

#9 Dec 22, 2009
this is a symptom of declining standards in the hireing process. giving people jobs that they dont deserve (by lowering the test scores and standards) and are not morally or professionally capable of carrying out.
OWSH

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Dec 22, 2009
barleycorn76 wrote:
this is a symptom of declining standards in the hireing process. giving people jobs that they dont deserve (by lowering the test scores and standards) and are not morally or professionally capable of carrying out.
That includes those who can't spell. It's "hiring" and not "hireing".
barleycorn76

New York, NY

#11 Dec 22, 2009
thats all? i can live with it.
sickofsickos

Webster, NY

#12 Dec 22, 2009
After reading these comments, it's real easy to tell who's going to HE-double hockey sticks. Better bring your sunscreen.
HAHA

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 22, 2009
There has to be more to this story ! It makes no sense.

“Are we paying attention?”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#14 Dec 22, 2009
OWSH wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the EMTs were on drugs. What a buzz-kill to have your waitress drop dead in front of you.

May those 2 get everything they deserve this holiday season, like new jobs cleaning the fry-o-lator.
libragirl56

Albion, NY

#15 Dec 22, 2009
Leroy Jones wrote:
If she was white, they wouldn't have just left her to die.
How horrible! I hope the EMT's lose their jobs, I can't imagine seeing someone collapse and not try to help, but I didn't read anywhere the the the race or the color of her skin of this women. She is of the Human race like everyone else. I would never trust these two people with anyone care ever, I am glad they posted their names for all to see their Shame
Angelo C

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 22, 2009
I canít believe guys whose job it is to help people refuse to because they were on break!! There is no excuse for their inhumane actions!! Stop this world I want to get off!!

“Never a Dull Moment”

Since: Nov 09

Somewhere in NY

#17 Dec 22, 2009
clifford clark wrote:
<quoted text> Excuse me miss, but, am I reading this right when you said that you prefer a snack over a human life and if so I suggest you seek help.
I agree. Jebus, what the hell is wrong with people like "Ernest"
bill t

Albion, NY

#18 Dec 22, 2009
why is this under local news?? NYC is local ?? i would think it be under state news
Angelo C

Rochester, NY

#19 Dec 22, 2009
OWSH wrote:
<quoted text>
No! No matter what a life is a life
Balto

Norwalk, CT

#20 Dec 22, 2009
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/da_probes_...

New York City civil service is rife with affirmative action folks who are not qualified for their handout jobs that keep them off the dole. This was as bad as it gets.

“My POV”

Since: Feb 08

Rochester area

#21 Dec 22, 2009
Whether or not she would have died anyway does not matter. Those two should be charged with negligence, which is "failure to do what a resonable person would do under the same or similar circumstances". A clear-cut case, given our information. That's why there is a "good samaritan" law, so that people who DO try to help CAN do so without fear of law-suits. Then there's these two, in uniform, representing themselves as bona-fide EMT's, who walk away and someone dies. They can hang that career up forever-more, right beside their jail jump-suits!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brother wease el and hate 12 min Jokette 25
What does wease cares pay for 3 hr Jokette 26
Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Secur... (Sep '11) 4 hr Hmmm 58
Another Stupid Teen Dead in Missouri 10 hr Ezra 30
The Human Spirit: My dear Jewish brethren 11 hr Jokette 1
pants up dont loot 12 hr Jokette 3
Yoohoo Rhoooonda! 15 hr ape hat 43
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web