Chuck Samuels, Gen. Mgr / LMFAO

Posted in the Rochester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Old Firecrotch Barnfart

Rochester, NY

#1 Jan 11, 2011
http://www.13wham.com/content/blogs/story/Sto...

Well first he takes the comment section away, and now for some reason he brings it back??? Did his boss tell him to bring it back?
Or was their website not getting enough hits???
We'll have to see if he runs it like before, where he allows trash talk against the city, city people, and blacks, but deletes anything bad about whites or the burbs or even that local attorney that is married to the woman who is a part-time work-from-home over-paid legal aid employee for the head of the City School District.
Old Firecrotch Barnfart

Rochester, NY

#2 Jan 11, 2011
Lets rehashing all of the reasons why 13 originally pulled “Comments” from their website here.

Remember Barnhart made comments about her mom not going to vote for Obama, and when someone said asked why is she racist, they then deleted all the comments on that blog.

Then there was a time where Barnhart did a story on Midtown and how Duffy didn't have a "plan B", then someone left a bunch of news links where Duffy had once stated in a new interview how if PaeTec didn't work out he always had a "Plan B" but he would tell us what it was. And this made Barnhart look stupid so they deleted all the comments in that story.

Then all they time where we noticed the incorrect news on 10's site before it was reported on 13 and we asked if they were copying the news from 10, then they deleted all the comments from on those stories.
slammer

Rochester, NY

#3 Jan 11, 2011
He's was probably drunk and on steroids.
Susan B

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 11, 2011
Great 13's Allison Watts, in May of 2009 wrote a blog about the "Missing White-Girl Syndrome" when it comes to reporting, and now she is incharge of making sure there is no racist remarks in the comment sections of 13's web site.

“Here I come to save the day”

Since: Jan 11

Dog Patch, WVa

#6 Jan 14, 2011
They don't want YOU to think they are stifling your free speech so they are not printing anything you or anyone else say's anymore !! hahahahahaha
Chuck

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 14, 2011
I get more news here then on TV13. No free speech at that TV station.
James B

Medina, NY

#9 Jan 14, 2011
13 sucks. Doug Emblige and Ginny Ryan past prime. Time for them to move on. Don needs to retire. Big news at 13 is chasing around Sandra Lee at the foodbank and harassing her and getting thrown out by police. News like County corruption at the airport is last place. They are absent. No aggression here. They should be in Maggie's Face demanding info and action. At lest 10 has hot blond babes to look at. The news is not that much better on 10 but I have something to look at and stimulate me.
Raymond

Penfield, NY

#10 Jan 14, 2011
James B wrote:
13 sucks. Doug Emblige and Ginny Ryan past prime. Time for them to move on. Don needs to retire. Big news at 13 is chasing around Sandra Lee at the foodbank and harassing her and getting thrown out by police. News like County corruption at the airport is last place. They are absent. No aggression here. They should be in Maggie's Face demanding info and action. At lest 10 has hot blond babes to look at. The news is not that much better on 10 but I have something to look at and stimulate me.
Agree. Channel 13 is by far the worst news in Rochester (aside from the D&C). With high def, they need new anchors. Don should be cleaning his gutters in Florida.
James B

Medina, NY

#11 Jan 14, 2011
Comments will be limited to stories we select and we will edit/delete them as well too offend no one. So why have it at all you jerks? Nothing changes at 13. Not even the newscasters. The news and the employees are all old and edited as well. If you do not offend anyone you are not reporting the news 13. And irs not pissing off Sandra Lee to get a STORY.
Carl

Penfield, NY

#12 Jan 14, 2011
Channel 13 - News for the Elderly.
James B

Medina, NY

#13 Jan 14, 2011
Why is 13 not covering the ESL Sports Center thing? It was in the D&C front page today. Who is in charge of this sports center? They would close me down if I owed $1 million in back rent on my business. I would be shut down for sure. What the hell is the county doing? And the jerks running the ESL arena are passing out money to politicians while not paying bills? Sounds like the Airport Manager Damelio smoking cigars on county money. TV13 is no where in sight. Covering a jelly bean contest at St. Johns nursing home. Hope they do not get to aggressive with 99 year old Aunt Bee.
Johney Rocket

Medina, NY

#14 Jan 14, 2011
I agree as well, its news for the old folks with old folks giving it. With HD TV they now look as old as they are. No cover-up will work here. I would like to see Lea Lando and Nikki Rudd in HD. That would be worth having HD. Not old, Don, Patrice, Barnfart, Falsh, Ginny and old Doug. Its like the Ponderosa restaurants,they all went out of business because nothing ever changed. Same old crap food year after year. You get sick of it after time. I am sick of looking at Doug at 5 and the same boring reporting.
EKMarty

Penfield, NY

#15 Jan 14, 2011
I don't even count Channel 13 for news.

Every time I tune in (which is infrequently lately) it is terrible... I don't want to know what happened at the Humane Society or how high the snow banks are at Wegman's, I want to know what is happening in our local government and the economy.

They must be completely oblivious to how and what type of news should be reported. And yes, dump Don, he's the worst.

The Ponderosa restaurants analogy was perfect.
Arthur

Penfield, NY

#16 Jan 14, 2011
I was in San Francisco last week for a meeting, and even the 6:00 AM news was excellent. They reported stories that impacted the population, about local government spending, proposals, local business etc. It was enjoyable to eat breakfast watching professionals do the news. Same at night.

No filler stories like Channel 13. We don't care about Don's iPhone, or the rest of his cute little stories for the nursing home crowd. Stop the bright spot crap. That when I turn it off.

He deserves to get booted. It is way past due - and he doesn't go well with HD. He wastes my time.
Lisa

Medina, NY

#17 Jan 14, 2011
EKMarty wrote:
I don't even count Channel 13 for news.
Every time I tune in (which is infrequently lately) it is terrible... I don't want to know what happened at the Humane Society or how high the snow banks are at Wegman's, I want to know what is happening in our local government and the economy.
They must be completely oblivious to how and what type of news should be reported. And yes, dump Don, he's the worst.
The Ponderosa restaurants analogy was perfect.
Its sad that I enjoy Fox news at 10 more than 13. Scott Hetsko and Kevin Doran are a change of pace. Stupid but differed for my mind that needs something new stimuli. Sick of the same old crap. Same old Don, same old Doug same old news. It like eating spam every day for years. Ponderosa is right. Same shit food all the time and it never changed. In fact it got worse year by year. They are oblivious what news we want at 13.
edwin

Penfield, NY

#19 Jan 15, 2011
Old Firecrotch Barnfart wrote:
I just don't understand, Chucky made a big deal about the new comments, he did a blog about it, they made commments about it on Barnfarts story, he brags about some new system to control the comments, then you go there and they still don't allow you to comment on any of the stories.????
Not surprised. It's Channel 13. They want to keep it tame and sterile for the old folks, their demographic.

Nothing controversial that might cause heart failure or high blood pressure. They don't want to lose their audience, or their advertisers like Monroe Wheelchair and Depends.
Tony D

Medina, NY

#20 Jan 15, 2011
Same old crap at 13 but different day. They will edit the comments like they edit the news. No controversial stories and no controversy on comments on their web site. Its time for Don, Doug, Ginny and the rest to hit the road or to retire. New blood and new ideals are needs at this station now.
Manny

Penfield, NY

#21 Jan 15, 2011
Tony D wrote:
Same old crap at 13 but different day. They will edit the comments like they edit the news. No controversial stories and no controversy on comments on their web site.
That is exactly the problem at Channel 13, no controversial stories. Unbeleivable. I watched it last night to see for myself, and it was awful, with Don making swooshing noises for the weather. What a tool. And click on the green find-it button.

No one cares about their comments board, it will be some oldster having his son type in his comment to a story on Wegman's parking lot or a malnourished puppy at the Humane Society. Channel 13 is absolutely the pits.

Channel 13 is dysfunctional for news. Dump Don.
Andrea

Penfield, NY

#22 Jan 15, 2011
I agree with the posters. I no longer watch 13 because they play a lot of clips of "amusing" news happening in other cities. Amusing to them, maybe, but not me.

Why report on local news when you can kill a few minutes with a clip of what happened in Tulsa. The stories were always dumb, but probably appealed to their target audience - geriatrics.

Most, if not all, of my coworkers share the same opinion, and have tuned out of Channel 13 news.
GeorgeW

Penfield, NY

#24 Jan 15, 2011
Anita Mantadoomi wrote:
<quoted text>them and Berkeley at 10 are a joke. No real news reported anywhere
Channel 13 was good in the and 80s, but has become irrelevant since they switched to soft news that has no substance or depth. I also stopped watching it, but went back (based on some comments here) to see for myself.

It is worse than I expected. At 6:00 pm on Friday, it was a completely wasted half hour. Things haven't changed. Don's sing song presentation with boring stories that don't impact me.

I Team 10 is a second runner up to terrible. What has happened to our local news?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Teraysah Barker? 2 min Party time 114
I'm Scared of TV News Reporters Now 1 hr Festus Haggen 1
Messages to Bob Lonsberry (phase 2) (Mar '12) 2 hr WeCantBreathe 458
Gang Related Violence Getting Worse 2 hr Bert 12
News CrimeStoppers has $10,000 reward in Boys & Girl... 3 hr HeThe Blue Clubbz 38
Bolgen Vargas Needs To Speak Proper English 3 hr CityRes 1
Rewards for Withholding Murder Info 4 hr Herbert 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages