Rally in response to lawsuit against two Rochester Police officers

Jul 30, 2012 Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester 39

Protesters will be holding a rally at 10 a.m. Monday outside the U.S. courthouse in downtown Rochester over a lawsuit against two Rochester Police officers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 Jul 30, 2012
No meniton of the person that is leading this rally. Quite a questionable background, maybe that's why...?
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 30, 2012
Let me guess who is leading it, Davy Vara? And let me guess who will be there yapping on a megaphone, Emily Good?

It'll be the same who's who of the rochester unemployment crowd that is at every anti the-man event.

#3 Jul 30, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Let me guess who is leading it, Davy Vara? And let me guess who will be there yapping on a megaphone, Emily Good?
It'll be the same who's who of the rochester unemployment crowd that is at every anti the-man event.
WRONG!!!!!

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Let me back-track here....I'm not sure about Goode, but Vara will not be leading this rally.
RacistFartCrotch BarnFire

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 30, 2012
If it was a black person who lied on the stand, they'd be in jail serving perjury charges, why doesnt that apply to white cops?
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#6 Jul 30, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me back-track here....I'm not sure about Goode, but Vara will not be leading this rally.
How is he not leading it? This is the thing he salvitates over. Cop accountability.

#7 Jul 30, 2012
RacistFartCrotchBarnFire wrote:
If it was a black person who lied on the stand, they'd be in jail serving perjury charges, why doesnt that apply to white cops?
Not necessarily. I depends on who you know. But, I know a stupid @$$ aturnkee who lied on the stand about a B/S charge she conjured up. She's about to get hit with her $h*t...oh, it's about to get funky! This ditz already lost one job f*ck- with me.

#8 Jul 30, 2012
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
How is he not leading it? This is the thing he salvitates over. Cop accountability.
Why do SOME of you folks always pin-point ONLY one person for specific issues. There are many people on the same accord. The media once again narrows the minds of those not intelligent enough to venture out. It's NOT Davy....in fact, Mr. Vara questioned this persons true intent.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#9 Jul 30, 2012
Are you just making stuff up now Caprice?

Innocent Man Spends Four Months in Jail after Rochester, NY Police Officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley Lie Under Oath
By Davy V.

Imagine for a moment driving in your car, down the street, and coming to a stop sign.

Then, as you proceed, you are pulled over by police officers.

When you ask them why they stopped you, they reply that you failed to come to a complete stop.

But you did.

You know you did.

And you know they are lying.

That's exactly what happened to Rochester, NY resident Jeramie Barideaux in July of 2011, on the corner of Conkey Avenue and Avenue D, after he came to a complete stop.

Rochester, NY Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley, falsely accused Mr. Barideaux of failing to come to a complete stop in order to have a reason to pull him over.

But thanks to the power of video, Osipovitch and Hartley never stopped to think that City of Rochester traffic cameras were recording the whole incident.

And that the video recorded their lie.

After the illegal stop and search of Mr. Barideaux's vehicle, the Rochester Police Department claims that the officers found drugs and and a weapon.

After spending four months in jail, Monroe County Court Judge Daniel Doyle dismissed all charges against Barideaux.

In his decision to dismiss the charges, Judge Doyle said "it was an unreasonable stop... based on the review of the video, there's no ambiguity at all that a car being operated by Jeramie Barideaux did come to a complete stop before the police stopped the vehicle."

On Thursday July 19, 2012 a lawsuit was filed in the Monroe County Clerk's office.

The lawsuit names the City of Rochester,NY, the Rochester, NY Police Department and officer Rob Osipovitch and officer Ryan Hartley as defendants.

The lawsuit says Rochester Police officers Osipovitch and Hartley "lied in their sworn police reports" and "upon belief, the Defendant police officers committed perjury concerning the stop of Plaintiff's vehicle in front of a Monroe County Grand Jury."

This is yet another black eye on the face of the Rochester, NY Police Department and their long history of misconduct and corruption.

A police department which just recently, in a clear act of desperation to buy the trust and respect of the community, launched a billboard campaign with the slogans "We have Your Back" and "On The Same Team."

The billboards, which were specifically targeted at minorities, featured actual Latino and African-American Rochester Police officers.

Ironically, the Rochester, NY Police Department has a long history of betraying, abusing, harassing, racially profiling and in some cases even killing innocent African-Americans and Latinos.

Recently, the Rochester, NY Police Department came under heavy criticism when 7 RPD officers executed 20 year old Israel "Izzy" Andino, a mentally-ill young man.

And just a couple of weeks ago, Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard along with Rochester Mayor Thomas Richards announced project "Cool Down" in which Sheppard stated that his officers will pull over citizens for not having a bell or a light on their bicycles!

Which is why I am not surprised that Rochester Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley lied in order to pull over Mr. Barideaux.

This happens in Rochester, NY on a daily basis.

The only difference is that this time, a video camera high up on that intersection, recorded everything.

And now, thanks to the power of video, video recorded on a City of Rochester camera, the City of Rochester will have to pay Mr. Barideaux for each day he spent in jail, as a result of two lying Rochester Police officers.

As for Rochester Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley? They're still patrolling Rochester streets.

I wonder how many times they have lied, framed and set up innocent people.

#10 Jul 30, 2012
So Teddy Loria, the Ex-con who is a paid informant working with the RPD, the same individual who said the RPD was 100% justified in the RPD's execution of 20 year old Israel "Izzy" Andino, Teddy Loria, the same individual who carries a handgun on him when in New York State it is illegal for a convicted felon to carry and/or own a firearm, Teddy Loria who was seen talking to plainclothes RPD officials in a blue Chevy Impala near the last Rally which which started at Washington Square Park, Teddy Loria who infiltrates meetings pretending to be against police abuse and misconduct is holding a Rally tomorrow in front of the Federal Building at 10:00 am? Are you serious?
Are people fucking stupid to trust this guy?

****This is Vara questioning the validity of this persons intent:
I don't have to make things up. I know what the hell I'm talking about!! Go to the rally and see for yourself!

#11 Jul 30, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Are you just making stuff up now Caprice?
Innocent Man Spends Four Months in Jail after Rochester, NY Police Officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley Lie Under Oath
By Davy V.
Imagine for a moment driving in your car, down the street, and coming to a stop sign.
Then, as you proceed, you are pulled over by police officers.
When you ask them why they stopped you, they reply that you failed to come to a complete stop.
But you did.
You know you did.
And you know they are lying.
That's exactly what happened to Rochester, NY resident Jeramie Barideaux in July of 2011, on the corner of Conkey Avenue and Avenue D, after he came to a complete stop.
Rochester, NY Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley, falsely accused Mr. Barideaux of failing to come to a complete stop in order to have a reason to pull him over.
But thanks to the power of video, Osipovitch and Hartley never stopped to think that City of Rochester traffic cameras were recording the whole incident.
And that the video recorded their lie.
After the illegal stop and search of Mr. Barideaux's vehicle, the Rochester Police Department claims that the officers found drugs and and a weapon.
After spending four months in jail, Monroe County Court Judge Daniel Doyle dismissed all charges against Barideaux.
In his decision to dismiss the charges, Judge Doyle said "it was an unreasonable stop... based on the review of the video, there's no ambiguity at all that a car being operated by Jeramie Barideaux did come to a complete stop before the police stopped the vehicle."
On Thursday July 19, 2012 a lawsuit was filed in the Monroe County Clerk's office.
The lawsuit names the City of Rochester,NY, the Rochester, NY Police Department and officer Rob Osipovitch and officer Ryan Hartley as defendants.
The lawsuit says Rochester Police officers Osipovitch and Hartley "lied in their sworn police reports" and "upon belief, the Defendant police officers committed perjury concerning the stop of Plaintiff's vehicle in front of a Monroe County Grand Jury."
This is yet another black eye on the face of the Rochester, NY Police Department and their long history of misconduct and corruption.
A police department which just recently, in a clear act of desperation to buy the trust and respect of the community, launched a billboard campaign with the slogans "We have Your Back" and "On The Same Team."
The billboards, which were specifically targeted at minorities, featured actual Latino and African-American Rochester Police officers.
Ironically, the Rochester, NY Police Department has a long history of betraying, abusing, harassing, racially profiling and in some cases even killing innocent African-Americans and Latinos.
Recently, the Rochester, NY Police Department came under heavy criticism when 7 RPD officers executed 20 year old Israel "Izzy" Andino, a mentally-ill young man.
And just a couple of weeks ago, Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard along with Rochester Mayor Thomas Richards announced project "Cool Down" in which Sheppard stated that his officers will pull over citizens for not having a bell or a light on their bicycles!
Which is why I am not surprised that Rochester Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley lied in order to pull over Mr. Barideaux.
This happens in Rochester, NY on a daily basis.
The only difference is that this time, a video camera high up on that intersection, recorded everything.
And now, thanks to the power of video, video recorded on a City of Rochester camera, the City of Rochester will have to pay Mr. Barideaux for each day he spent in jail, as a result of two lying Rochester Police officers.
As for Rochester Police officers Rob Osipovitch and Ryan Hartley? They're still patrolling Rochester streets.
YOU are very narrow-minded. Yes, Vara did make those statements, but it does notmean he is behind THIS rally. Know what the hell you're talking about, please!!!

#12 Jul 30, 2012
BTW..If it was Vara leading this rally i would not have an issue with that? What is your point?

Many on this forum are truly clueless. You think you know what you're talking about and accusing people of and many times your sooo far off base it's ridiculous.

#13 Jul 30, 2012
CapriceClassic wrote:
No meniton of the person that is leading this rally. Quite a questionable background, maybe that's why...?
Therefore....my 1st response stands!!!
Stop with No Snitching

Rochester, NY

#14 Jul 30, 2012
I was over by the protest and saw Dave V. there.

#15 Jul 30, 2012
Stop with No Snitching wrote:
I was over by the protest and saw Dave V. there.
Well...did you SEE Emily Goode too. Davy WAS NOT leading this rally now was he?? NO!!!! I'm sure many spectators were there.
Eddie

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 30, 2012
Loria and Vara had a falling out over money. That's very public. The thing is, Vara's ego is too fat, and he goes around smearing Loria every chance he gets. Loria has even posted emails from Vara proving it was all about money. Vara's doing whatever he can to discredit Loria simply because he's butt hurt.

Just check out Rochester Indy Media and all these other local alternative news sites.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 30, 2012
I can't understand why the 2 officers would still be getting paid and still be paroling our streets.

#18 Jul 30, 2012
Eddie wrote:
Loria and Vara had a falling out over money. That's very public. The thing is, Vara's ego is too fat, and he goes around smearing Loria every chance he gets. Loria has even posted emails from Vara proving it was all about money. Vara's doing whatever he can to discredit Loria simply because he's butt hurt.
And this is necessary information we need to..WHY?? Sounds like you're doing the slandering. If Vara wants to have a big ego, so.....how does it affect YOU ?
Davy V

Rochester, NY

#19 Jul 30, 2012
While I seldomly reply to any comments about me or my work, as frankly my work as a filmmaker, writer and activist exposing police misconduct over the past 15 plus years speaks for itself, I will briefly reply as someone alerted me to my being discussed on this little loser post here on topix. First of all me and Teddy Loria dod not have any "fall out" over money. Truth is Teddy Loria is a bi-polar ex convict who has nothing better to do but make up lies. There was no "falling-out" there was several individuals who told me some very questionable things about Teddy Loria and his possible affiliations to the RPD. That was enough for me to cut any and all ties with Mr. Loria. Interestingly enough, Mr. Loria has publicly defended the Rochester Police vehemently, including most recently during the RPD's execution of a mentally ill young man on Locust St. In my career, which includes winning Awards for my films about the RPD, I simply choose not to associate with individuals such as Loria. That's it. No more. No less. I have nothing to prove to anyone. Mr. Loria's threats against me, including having his girlfriend "Patricia" calling to harass me, have been fully documented with the New York State Police including Mr. Loria recently showing up to a conference where I was an invited guest speaker. My photographer informed me that Mr. Loria was armed, and this too has been documented. Mr. Loria has some serious mental health issues that have been documented, and in fact it can be seen on the internet in his unsuccessful appeal in 2000 after he was convicted of several felony charges. Again, all this is public knowledge, as it is readily available to see on the internet. Mr. Loria has a sick obsession with me and will simply not leave me alone. Any comments that I have made about him are simply meant to let him know that his threats and acts of intimidation, slander and libel have been documented and steps are being taken as we speak. I have no affiliation whatesoever with Mr. Teddy Loria, nor did I nor would I attend any rally, protest, meeting or anything at all that Mr, Loria organizes or has anything at all to do with.
RPD Fan

Rochester, NY

#20 Jul 30, 2012
From law.justia.com

People v Loria 2004 NY Slip Op 08457 [12 AD3d 1125] November 19, 2004 Appellate Division, Fourth Department Published by New York State Law Reporting Bureau pursuant to Judiciary Law § 431. As corrected through Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The People of the State of New York, Respondent, v Theodore Loria, Also Known as"Teddy," Appellant.
—[*1]
Appeal from a judgment of the Monroe County Court (John J. Connell, J.), rendered December 1, 2000. The judgment convicted defendant, upon his plea of guilty, of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree (five counts) and criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree (six counts).
It is hereby ordered that the judgment so appealed from be and the same hereby is unanimously affirmed.
Memorandum: Defendant appeals from a judgment convicting him, upon his plea of guilty, of five counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree (Penal Law § 220.39 [1]) and six counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree (§ 220.16 [1]). Although defendant has a history of mental instability due to a bipolar disorder, the record establishes that defendant is stable when medicated and that he was medicated at the time of the plea. Given the conduct of defendant at the time of the plea, County Court did not abuse its discretion in accepting his guilty plea without ordering an additional CPL article 730 examination (see People v Gelikkaya, 84 NY2d 456, 459-460 [1994]; People v Gensler, 72 NY2d 239, 245-247 [1988], cert denied 488 US 932 [1988]). Present—Pigott, Jr., P.J., Pine, Hurlbutt, Kehoe and Lawton, JJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There should be a job openings website 5 min Devonte 9
Amy Pierson never took her eyes off Thomas John... 12 min Devonte 11
No jobs in Auburn 26 min Cuomo Supporter 9
Did anyone see that Rob Astorino ad on TV? 33 min Cuomo Supporter 2
A Protest for white suburban homeless drunks an... 4 hr RFCBF isaidiot 7
Forbes lists Rochester as "Opportunity City" 8 hr HA ha 3
Ann Coulter Thinks You Are an Idiot if Your Man... 8 hr EthnicInfatuation 1
•••
•••
•••