Rochester man arrested for dog fighting

Rochester man arrested for dog fighting

There are 120 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jun 4, 2009, titled Rochester man arrested for dog fighting. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A 34-year-old man from Rochester has been arrested and charged with animal fighting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

Janimare

Cobleskill, NY

#26 Jun 4, 2009
RocCityRules wrote:
<quoted text>I am not on welfare and i have never been to Africa. Why don't you send me there if you want be to go there, you miserable excuse fro a caucasian?
RocCity, the problem is not about African men - it is about mistreatment of animals who are live creatures, who have feelings and who experience pain.

It is evil for anybody to mistreat creatures who come into their care,especially for aggrandizement and profit.

Throwing down the race card is a subterfuge in this instance. All creatures, who has been given life have a RIGHT to live and not be in constant pain and suffering.

The breed was not dangerous until people like Terrell and Micheal Vick tortured and mistreated them and inbred them.
At least do do your homework and know your facts before you make such statements.

Callous disregard for all of these dogs country wide is nothing more than spirited bullying.

Don't hide behind race. It's shallow and shows you are trying to deflect from the real issue in this instance.
Janimare

Cobleskill, NY

#27 Jun 4, 2009
Jay wrote:
I mean we won't even do what it takes to help our illegal immagration issue or remedy our need for foreign oil because of some dam animals. That is one that I will grudgingly give to the conservatives. At least they have their priorities in order sometimes.
Oh for goodness sake, Jay. If this is the way you feel, Lord help the innocent animals in Port Lucie, What on earth would happen if you suddenly found yourself standing next to (heaven help us all ) an illegal immigrant??

“formerly known as "im bored"”

Since: Apr 08

rochester ny

#28 Jun 4, 2009
RocCityRules wrote:
Look at Michael Vick. A great atlethe who is black. The NFL took his whole career away from him. He should have done community service, but they sent him to the poor house and everything. It is bad enough the white media couldn't except him for being the QB that he is, instead they wanted him to be a "Golden White Boy" QB. If Michael Vick was white and did what he did, he would have gotten community service AND he would still be playing in the NFL. I know many whites don't want to hear this, but the truth is the truth. Society rather protect beasts like pit bulls that are a threat to society rather than a black human being.
W T F ?? are you on crack or something ? Where do you pull this stuff from besides your rear end ?

Doesn't matter if this guy is black/white or green. Doesn't' matter if Vick was black/white or green, its the crime that outraged those who feel that animals are not put here to train to kill other animals and those that don't fit the "killer typo" are killed.

Animals have feelings, they hurt like humans do - thats why they say that the whackjobs that kill animals at a young age have a tendency to advance to watching humans suffer as well.

Stop making this into a black/white issue. I don't know what color this guy is, all i care about is that he don't have possession of dogs again and the same goes for Vick. Community service my ass. A person tortures or kills animals deserves time in jail.
ghettobraggingri ghts

Rochester, NY

#29 Jun 4, 2009
Just another example of the so called white man destroying the Black Man's culture.

Word on the street is that the RPD knew this was going on and had been collecting 'protection money' from the guy. When he didn't come up with the money that week, this is what happened.
lordofthisworld

Rochester, NY

#30 Jun 4, 2009
Jay wrote:
And I'll say it and let Pita or whatever its called come harrasing me too. I could care less about what some animals are going through. There are wars going on, genocidal dictators, global warming, world economy recessions,drug addictions, people being killed for oil, diamonds, etc., and starving, homeless people out there all over the world for goodness sakes.
I really have to be honest. Sometimes it really makes me sick how humans have put animals ahead of humans.
Evil, doom, destruction, tornados, monsoons, tidal waves, hurricanes, mud slides, fires, shootings, stabbings, AIDS, heart attacks, lung cancer, people being killed for their jewelry, car theft, burglary, earthquakes - and this guy's arrested for dog fighting? Come ON now!

"No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour."
Black Sabbath
deb

Henrietta, NY

#32 Jun 4, 2009
Lock him up for four years for EACH dog.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#33 Jun 5, 2009
ghettobraggingrights wrote:
Just another example of the so called white man destroying the Black Man's culture.
Word on the street is that the RPD knew this was going on and had been collecting 'protection money' from the guy. When he didn't come up with the money that week, this is what happened.
The Animal Control Clerk too? It's their jurisdiction. Are they in kahoots with the po po?

Too broad, too many people involved. I believe the K-nines and the Horse Units have all been GET THIS, laid off from RPD, so I think the Animal business has to go to the City of Rochester's Animal Control. At least to make sense, the payoff should have went there, that's who files the initial complaint. The dog warden.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#34 Jun 5, 2009
deb wrote:
Lock him up for four years for EACH dog.
Then who will take care of the fighting business?
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#35 Jun 5, 2009
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>Actually I live in Rochester and I think the people here need a hell of a lot more help from the Lord than a bunch of animals.
I just don't care about a dam dog. Like it is just such a tragic loss to the world. Maybe this was the dog that would discover the cure to cancer. You animal people need some perspective.
As for the illegal immigrant, I do not pay taxes so they can come over here and use the resources that I pay for so if I find myself standing next to an illegal immigrant, Lord help them, because I'm calling INS.
Illegals are ok. Dog fighters are not. You are soooooo correct in your thinking.

I bet there is Gov. stimulus money for the dog, but guess what? NOT FOR THE PEOPLE.

Not that we don't care about the dogs, the dogs are not a priority to starving and suffering people.

“You lead, I'll follow.”

Since: Apr 09

Ours.

#36 Jun 5, 2009
A 34-year-old man from Rochester has been arrested and charged with animal fighting.

Rochester Police alerted Humane Society investigators to an incident at the home of Darrell. Police had found a dog in the back yard with bite wounds to its face and legs that were consistent with marks found on Darrell's wife and pet hamster last month during a routine police raid of the premises.

In both cases, police noticed Darrell had bite wounds to his own face and legs consistent with marks found on people who regularly fight with animals and spouses without the use of protective paraphernalia.

Darrell's dog, hamster, and wife were seized by the Humane Society and brought to Lollypop Farm for immediate veterinary care and resale.

Darrell faces a penalty of forfeiting his home to Michael Vick for the length of Vick's home confinement sentence if he's found guilty.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#37 Jun 5, 2009
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure if he was white or any other color, he would have been arrested for his actions. Thats all I have to say, this is why I don't ever comment on stories; there is no need to read your rationalization (which thank you for the Caps Lock, it was needed).
The truth shall set you free when you know it.

Don't get upset because that's the way it is. If you were Black, you would already know. I wouldn't have to tell you. And your welcome for the caps!
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#38 Jun 5, 2009
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So since he is black, you are defending what he did? This makes no sense to me. Black, white, red,or orange - dog fighting is wrong. So please explain more about what you said, I'm very interested in the defense for this man's actions.
Cultural defense. Dog fighting has been going on since slavery. Bird (Cock)fighting as well. The problem is that Terrell, wasn't a slave.

Terrell, get yourself another hobby. The dogs are counting on you to do so.

He will probably just take a plea deal, so he doesn't have to go on, and on, and on.

95% of the cases in criminal court are exposed in this manner. Terrell has not real defense.
Hockey Lover

United States

#39 Jun 5, 2009
ghettobraggingrights wrote:
Black and Dumb,the perfect storm.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#41 Jun 5, 2009
Hockey Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Black and Dumb,the perfect storm.
Culture? I am not aware of any documentation that fighting dogs is a culture thing. Last I knew it was a stupid and cruel decision. Would Terell want people gang assaulting him and making him bleed?

Maybe that should be his punishment for his actions. An eye for an eye and a dog for a fool!
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#42 Jun 5, 2009
RocCityRules wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add White and Ignorant as the perfect storm as well.
Holla! Is that a black or white word, I want to make sure I can use it.
JDS65

Freeville, NY

#43 Jun 5, 2009
Jay wrote:
I mean we won't even do what it takes to help our illegal immagration issue or remedy our need for foreign oil because of some dam animals. That is one that I will grudgingly give to the conservatives. At least they have their priorities in order sometimes.
Your such a friggin idiot...I have yet to see you ever make an intelligent remark here. You are now saying that Police arresting Inner city thugs having illegal dog fights is effecting our ability to solve the world energy crisis, and illegal immigration. Why don't you go and David Carradine Yourself. You are only wasting what is left of my good air to breathe and you're not worthy
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#44 Jun 5, 2009
PoliceAreGreat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you stupid ?? pity party for black people !! BOO EFFING HOO . This case says nothing about the penal law's feelings toward blacks. Just good police work. The only person talking **** about blacks here is...you
stupid? I think you described the woman who birthed you.

FYI: The American legislation is known as:
The Black Codes of 1865
notice the date is AFTER slavery ended)

When your most intelligent being has a chance to read them (and you can google them) let's have this conversation then.

I'm glad I know American, African, and African American history.

In fact, I have TWO BS'S ONE IN HISTORY (AMERICAN) AND THE OTHER IN AFRICAN AND AFRICAN AMERICAN History AND A MASTERS DEGREE.

Now with that said. I think you have some catching up to do.

stupid? NOT WITH 2 BACHELORS AND A MASTERS.

And just for the sake of consistency the meaning of stupid I believe is on your birth certificate.

Talk to me when you know what your talking about!!!!!! IGNORAMOUS.
Hockey Lover

United States

#45 Jun 5, 2009
RocCityRules wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add White and Ignorant as the perfect storm as well.
I'll bet you are hot !! Angry and Hot, I love it.
Tarzan

Ontario, NY

#46 Jun 5, 2009
Black DOGS!
Tarzan

Ontario, NY

#47 Jun 5, 2009
bigsingle wrote:
<quoted text>
stupid? I think you described the woman who birthed you.
FYI: The American legislation is known as:
The Black Codes of 1865
notice the date is AFTER slavery ended)
When your most intelligent being has a chance to read them (and you can google them) let's have this conversation then.
I'm glad I know American, African, and African American history.
In fact, I have TWO BS'S ONE IN HISTORY (AMERICAN) AND THE OTHER IN AFRICAN AND AFRICAN AMERICAN History AND A MASTERS DEGREE.
Now with that said. I think you have some catching up to do.
stupid? NOT WITH 2 BACHELORS AND A MASTERS.
And just for the sake of consistency the meaning of stupid I believe is on your birth certificate.
Talk to me when you know what your talking about!!!!!! IGNORAMOUS.
My, My ain't you a smart DARKIE now!

You're the real TARZAN!

King of the APES!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Donald Trump Get The Nobel Peace Prize Lik... 1 hr IescapedNY 1
U.S. Govt Funds War on Fake News 1 hr Moshe 4
Wedge. Take Your Own Advise, Go To Church Today... 2 hr Moshe 7
California wants to Sucede from US 3 hr TRUMP aint no chump 18
South Wedge, I Don't Necessarily Dislike You! 6 hr truth hurts liberals 5
OBAMA RATED 5th BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY! 11 hr IescapedNY 25
Started Christmas shopping today 16 hr IescapedNY 23

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance