Grady Stiles

United States

#21 Mar 13, 2013
Murder she wrote:
<quoted text>
An officer can, and did, go to my employer to discuss an actual crime and his theory that I was involved. I was subsequently fired by the end of the week. At that point the officer....AND ON, AND ON, AND ON
Instead of boring us with useless drivel, please enlighten on on the alleged crime and why they thought you were involved. Otherwise all your other comments are meaningless.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#22 Mar 13, 2013
Murder she wrote:
<quoted text>
An officer can, and did, go to my employer to discuss an actual crime and his theory that I was involved. I was subsequently fired by the end of the week. At that point the officer could have 'decided' that I was innocent or he could have 'decided' that I was guilty or, hell, he could have even 'decided' that I was koala bear. None of that really mattered, did it? The point is the he maliciously spoke with my boss about information not pertinent or privy to my boss and he spoke with my friends and threatened to charge them as accomplices. The officer used several methods of intimidation and harassment including calling my house at 3:00 AM every night to 'See how I was holding up' and to check if I wanted to confess. So, with guilt comes punishment and your mainstream ideology dictates that a jury will dictate my guilt and a judge will determine my punishment. But the reality is, and the key phrase here is 'reality', that the officer had set forth my punishment by relieving me of an income, friends, and even a sound nights sleep regardless of true innocence, guilt, or being a koala bear. I am sure that you have heard the phrase "guilty until proven innocent" and it is events such as this that keep that phrase alive.
Also, I never ever said that I was arrested. I wasn't. Sometimes reading is everything. They had no evidence and no witnesses. They had the most half-baked theory that a clueless cop could come up and apparently a lot of free time. So, where was MY right to go to a job? How do you condone what that cop did? Patriot, I have no sympathy to what happens to these hypocrite cops that show up on the evening news. If you can't stay out of the headlines then stay out of payroll.
Then if you weren't arrested then why are you blaming the police, your employer fired you. Sounds like you have your priorities mixed up here. Another clueless one when it comes to the law, read about it some time you might learn something. Because right now your story doesn't make any sense at all, except that you hate the police and think they got you fired. The police don't have an authority over your employer on whether you are fired or not. Nice try though.
Murder she

Rochester, NY

#23 Mar 13, 2013
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if you weren't arrested then why are you blaming the police, your employer fired you.
This is simple cause and effect. My employer had no reason to fire me both before and after my being fired. Nor did the officer actually have a reason to speak with my boss. The cop had planted this fear into my employers mind.
-
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have your priorities mixed up here.
I have no idea where you are getting this impression. I don't believe that I had written anything whatsoever that describes any of my priorities so how would you know what they are or if they were mixed up. Are you saying this just because I disagree with you?
-
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Another clueless one when it comes to the law, read about it some time you might learn something.
Again, I don't get how you came up with this statement. Please elaborate. Also, why the hostility? We are two grown ups who know nothing of each other enjoying a debate. I mean you no harm. I simply shared a story. Whether I know about the law or I don't, it doesn't change the events of the story.
-
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Because right now your story doesn't make any sense at all, except that you hate the police and think they got you fired.
If you tell me which part of the story doesn't make sense to you then we can work through this together. Here, I will break it down into smaller parts and then we can expand from there. Talk to me Patriot, and we can get through this!
[1] Cop thinks I committed a crime.
[2] Cop tries to make me confess. I don't
[3] Cop talks to my employer.
[4] Employer fires me.
-
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The police don't have an authority over your employer on whether you are fired or not. Nice try though.
I think that we are having a semantics issue here. I never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever, never said that the police have authority to fire me. I did say, however, that the cop had no reason or business to talk to my employer. So why did he? Could it be that the cop just wanted to convey that I was a suspect in a crime to my boss? I will never know what was said between my boss and the cop because neither told me but I can guarantee that it was no coincidence that I got fired from a job that I held for two years after that conversation with a cop that had been harassing me for a week. Now Patriot, tell me now if you think that that was a coincidence.
-
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you don't think that it's possible for a cop to do any wrong.
Grady Stiles

United States

#24 Mar 13, 2013
So what was the crime?!?!?
Murder she

Rochester, NY

#25 Mar 13, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of boring us with useless drivel, please enlighten on on the alleged crime and why they thought you were involved. Otherwise all your other comments are meaningless.
I understand how you would want to know more but how would the description of the actual accusation change the pertinent details of what I had posted previously?

BTW-I read the story on the Lobster Boy yesterday. A tragedy all the way around.
USA

Rochester, NY

#27 Mar 13, 2013
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
The officer doesn't decide if your guilty or innocent, they just charge you with a statute of law. A judge or jury determines your innocence or guilt. So don't go blaming the police for being guilty or not. And you need to talk to your employer about getting paid when you are arrested, every employer is different.
You must wake up and smell the coffee. What you describe is how it SHOULD work.

Here is your do-do process.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/03/...
Murder she

Rochester, NY

#28 Mar 13, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
So what was the crime?!?!?
Here you go:
-
The Fairport PD involved me in an incident back in the late eighties that had completely changed the way I though about the police. Like your average citizens that never has interacted with the police, I used to think that if you were accused of something by the police then you are probably guilty. Now I think that police always pad the charges, manufacture evidence, don't really care if you are innocent or guilty, and outright lie in court.

I was in my twenties back then when an elderly neighbor of a mutual friend was burglarized in Fairport. Since, at the time it was part of my craft and I had the tools, I installed new deadbolts, on two of his entryways. Next thing I know, an officer from the Fairport PD is asking me in to answer some questions and thinking that I'm helping, I comply. Next thing I know this guy is threatening to throw me in jail. They pulled this stunt with the two way glass where one of them pretended to be a witness who claimed to have seen me breaking in and they created forged statements and showed them to me. The Fairport cop kept on saying that if I confessed then they would 'help' me and I could go home but if I didn't confess then I was going right to jail and that they would add additional charges. I told them they were crazy and that I'm ready to talk to a lawyer. Ten minutes later, I'm walking home but not before they threaten me with a beat down if I talk to any of the so called witnesses in the forged statements. I'm marrried to one of the witnesses today! That wasn't the end though, the FPD went to my place of work under the pretense of asking questions about my whereabouts during my work days and then I was fired at the end of that week. Then the FPD harrassed all my friends and told them that I was guilty of burglery and if they didn't give them any dirt on me then they were accessories. Fairport PD is just as dirty as the rest of them. Thank God for the jury system. Even that isn't perfect but at least you aren't at the mercy of krooked keystone kops like the Fairport PD. This is why when I see news of these dirty cops come up, I make a point of dropping their name and their crime in every forum possible whenever the oppurtunity comes up because they don't deserve to live it down. Scumbags.
Murder she

Rochester, NY

#29 Mar 13, 2013
I forgot to include the Fairport clown cop's theory for how they 'figured it out'.

The thought that I was feeling so guilty for robbing the man that I offered my deadbolt installation talents to relieve my inner feelings of guilt.

Seriously, if this never happened to me then I would never believe that it could ever go down like this.
Murder she

Rochester, NY

#30 Mar 13, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
Well let's just suppose it was a child molestation charge, and you were working for a daycare. Or perhaps it was embezzlement and you worked in a bank. Or terrorism and you worked at an airport. Or drug dealing and you're a pharmacist. All might be relevant during the investigation, to speak to your employer.
You're right. I refuse to argue with a person whom I think is right.
USA

Rochester, NY

#31 Mar 13, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Park_Jog...

just ONE travesty of justice, just ONE!
DDS

Penfield, NY

#33 Mar 13, 2013
It has been my experience that, aside from not being too bright, police officers are very opinionated - and have a driving desire to present the courts with evidence that can be used to convict... even if they have to design and develop much of it.

Even when they're clearly wrong, they won't drop the facade of righteousness. Police operate in a politically charged environment, where convictions - at any cost - lead to promotions. They do what they think they are expected to do - provide the courts with evidence to convict, lock up crooks, or at least bring case to fruition, even if not everything is disclosed or fabricated facts are introduced.

NYS Troopers are notorious for this behavior, and are grossly overpaid (at our expense).
yep

Rochester, NY

#34 Mar 13, 2013
We all know that if there was no accident,there would have been plenty of 'professional courtesy'
Ha Ha

Germany

#35 Mar 13, 2013
DDS wrote:
It has been my experience that, aside from not being too bright, police officers are very opinionated - and have a driving desire to present the courts with evidence that can be used to convict... even if they have to design and develop much of it.
Even when they're clearly wrong, they won't drop the facade of righteousness. Police operate in a politically charged environment, where convictions - at any cost - lead to promotions. They do what they think they are expected to do - provide the courts with evidence to convict, lock up crooks, or at least bring case to fruition, even if not everything is disclosed or fabricated facts are introduced.
NYS Troopers are notorious for this behavior, and are grossly overpaid (at our expense).
you mean like this?
http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/charges-droppe...
The Sympathy Card

Rochester, NY

#36 Mar 13, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like this?
http://www.ajc.com/videos/news/charges-droppe...
exactly!

Location hidden

#37 Mar 13, 2013
Murder she wrote:
<quoted text>
This is simple cause and effect. My employer had no reason to fire me both before and after my being fired. Nor did the officer actually have a reason to speak with my boss. The cop had planted this fear into my employers mind.
-
<quoted text>
I have no idea where you are getting this impression. I don't believe that I had written anything whatsoever that describes any of my priorities so how would you know what they are or if they were mixed up. Are you saying this just because I disagree with you?
-
<quoted text>
Again, I don't get how you came up with this statement. Please elaborate. Also, why the hostility? We are two grown ups who know nothing of each other enjoying a debate. I mean you no harm. I simply shared a story. Whether I know about the law or I don't, it doesn't change the events of the story.
-
<quoted text>
If you tell me which part of the story doesn't make sense to you then we can work through this together. Here, I will break it down into smaller parts and then we can expand from there. Talk to me Patriot, and we can get through this!
[1] Cop thinks I committed a crime.
[2] Cop tries to make me confess. I don't
[3] Cop talks to my employer.
[4] Employer fires me.
-
<quoted text>
I think that we are having a semantics issue here. I never, ever, never, ever, ever, ever, never said that the police have authority to fire me. I did say, however, that the cop had no reason or business to talk to my employer. So why did he? Could it be that the cop just wanted to convey that I was a suspect in a crime to my boss? I will never know what was said between my boss and the cop because neither told me but I can guarantee that it was no coincidence that I got fired from a job that I held for two years after that conversation with a cop that had been harassing me for a week. Now Patriot, tell me now if you think that that was a coincidence.
-
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you don't think that it's possible for a cop to do any wrong.
You were fired by your employer not the police. If you become a person of interest to the police they are going to check you out. It may or may not lead to criminal charges, in your case it didn't. So explain to me again how the police are at fault for getting you fired. Seems to me there are some things missing to your story. If you believe that you were wrongly fired then hire an attorney an prove it. Seems to me if your case is so rock solid you got nothing to lose.

Location hidden

#38 Mar 13, 2013
USA wrote:
<quoted text>
You must wake up and smell the coffee. What you describe is how it SHOULD work.
Here is your do-do process.
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/03/...
I think your the one who needs to wake up and smell the coffee because this is exactly what I am talking about when it comes to due process. They were charged, arrested and tried and found guilty in a court of law. I never said the system was perfect, but it is what we have at this time and that's the way it is.

Location hidden

#39 Mar 13, 2013
Murder she wrote:
I forgot to include the Fairport clown cop's theory for how they 'figured it out'.
The thought that I was feeling so guilty for robbing the man that I offered my deadbolt installation talents to relieve my inner feelings of guilt.
Seriously, if this never happened to me then I would never believe that it could ever go down like this.
LMAO.....So the police didn't have any right to contact your employer about this.....YEAH OK. I think you are living in a fairy tale world. Your name comes up in some possible home robberies/burglaries and the police are gonna do what what...ignore that information. Sounds to me that you couldn't be trusted by your employer and that's why you were terminated. And of course this happened in Fairport.
DDS

Penfield, NY

#40 Mar 13, 2013
Back to the subject -- I have to wonder how many Troopers (and RPD, deputies, town police officers) have been stopped that were clearly DWI, and cut loose. I'm certain it happens frequently.

I suppose, when an accident is involved, it can't be swept under the rug. Yes, he is innocent until a judge declares him guilty - and I hope the NYSP terminates his employment.

He is supposed to know better. No excuses. Fired.
Ha Ha

Germany

#42 Mar 13, 2013
Since cops have the ability to completely RUIN other peoples' lives ... they should be held to a much HIGHER standard.

Location hidden

#43 Mar 13, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Since cops have the ability to completely RUIN other peoples' lives ... they should be held to a much HIGHER standard.
Seeing politicians have the ability to ruin people lives they should be held to a higher standard. As should teachers,doctors,lawyers,stock brokers,insurance companies etc etc etc..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Protest for white suburban homeless drunks an... 1 hr CUNtoledo 6
There should be a job openings website 1 hr HA ha 7
Forbes lists Rochester as "Opportunity City" 1 hr HA ha 3
Ann Coulter Thinks You Are an Idiot if Your Man... 1 hr EthnicInfatuation 1
Amy Pierson never took her eyes off Thomas John... 1 hr Enter Username 9
No jobs in Auburn 2 hr David Feinstein 7
White Bus Driver Labled a HERO for failing to p... 2 hr Wildman 6
Common core sex ed caught by 6th grade phone pi... 5 hr dew4794 41
•••
•••