TV with just an antenna

Posted in the Rochester Forum

hint

Geneseo, NY

#1 Apr 9, 2013
I canceled my satellite TV to save money. I am shocked at what I see on daytime network TV now that I have no choice. Shows like the "The Trisha Goddard Show", "Divorce Court" and "Judge Alex", is insulting. All the while the commercials run constantly about "Everest", a school that has a very shady history. I swear if I hear another Everest commercial I may just break my TV and be done with it for good. What the hell is wrong with people? I was even watching PBS and they had this poor sap thinking by emigrating to the US from Ireland he would make "at least $2,000 a week" as a plumber.

Don't even get me started about the crap shows offered on the networks at night, such as "Dancing with Washed-Up Stars", "I'm fat and Crave Attention", etc., and all the stupid sitcoms that are just not funny. Thankfully there is ION, so I watch reruns of Criminal Minds, Monk, House, etc.

Rant over.

Since: Mar 13

Rochester, NY

#2 Apr 9, 2013
I culd not agree more
Don't forget gma,katie,today,Dian Sawyer,talk shows,the list goes on andon.
I usually watch t.v. shows from 20+ years before I was born on Metv orRetro just because today has such crap.I recomend a dreambox.
hint

Geneseo, NY

#3 Apr 9, 2013
I watch a lot of ME TV too lately. I watched an old episode of Hawaii Five-0 today and it was better than I remember. I have caught the new one, and it's not bad either and a welcome break from the so-called "reality shows". Daytime TV is a lost cause though, as far as I'm concerned. I just put it on cooking shows on 21.3 just for background noise at this point.

Rochester, NY

#4 Apr 9, 2013
Svenghoulie Metv and Off-Beat Cinema on My tv18 are good if you like old cheese and horror movies(I do).I forgot how funny Bob Newhart was and I like Rockford files.

Rochester, NY

#5 Apr 9, 2013
I almost forgot about Twilight Zone.I will always stand that the Twilight Zone (original) is the greatest tv show ever made.It will always remain timeless.
hint

Geneseo, NY

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Yeah, Metv I do love too. It sure beats most of the crap on the major networks most of the time. I do watch Twilight Zone and Sunday nights.
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#7 Apr 9, 2013
hint wrote:
I canceled my satellite TV to save money. I am shocked at what I see on daytime network TV now that I have no choice. Shows like the "The Trisha Goddard Show", "Divorce Court" and "Judge Alex", is insulting. All the while the commercials run constantly about "Everest", a school that has a very shady history. I swear if I hear another Everest commercial I may just break my TV and be done with it for good. What the hell is wrong with people? I was even watching PBS and they had this poor sap thinking by emigrating to the US from Ireland he would make "at least $2,000 a week" as a plumber.
Don't even get me started about the crap shows offered on the networks at night, such as "Dancing with Washed-Up Stars", "I'm fat and Crave Attention", etc., and all the stupid sitcoms that are just not funny. Thankfully there is ION, so I watch reruns of Criminal Minds, Monk, House, etc.
Rant over.
This daily trash TV appeals to the LIV Liberal Democrats that vote with their pocketbooks not with their minds. They don't read newspapers or books and don't have the slights clue what is happening on the National scene or the International stage. This is why I do not watch The Big Three Networks and limit myself to the educational channels like Discovery, TLC with an occasional movie from AMC thrown in. I fear for the future of this once great Nation.
Big Daddy Don

Boston, MA

#8 Apr 9, 2013
Star Trek, Emergency, CHIPS, Hogan's Heroes, Hawaii Five-O, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, Three's Company, Taxi....there were so many good shows on tv back in the 60s and 70s. They were entertaining and sometimes made you think. They were well written. The stuff today....most of it sucks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Bus Terminal Is Dead 4 hr Never rode the bus 8
16-year-old boy dies after being burned in fire... 4 hr WeCantBreathe 6
Alan brother wease advice .its so bad it's alm... 4 hr Bored with it 4
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) 6 hr bluesky 42
Break room ratings 7 hr Slamner 89
Upstate towns threatening to secede from NY State 8 hr Great Idea 1
Gizzi pays 11.5 million lying on his tax retur... (Jul '13) 10 hr Human R 36
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web