First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whitie was shooter

Rochester, NY

#45 Dec 24, 2012
The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame the NRA, it's not their fault.
Just blame the White Suburban Culture,
cause that is what the problem is,
but none of the whites will bring it up,
as they would have if all these mass shootings were done by blacks.
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#46 Dec 24, 2012
It could be because the value of life has been demished.When Roe V Wade was passed the USA said that there is no value in an unborn baby.If an unborn baby is just a piece of meat that can be destroyed,some people may assume that all people are just pieces of meat.No value to human life.Repeal Roe v Wade.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

#47 Dec 24, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I agree finger pointing doesn't work. I don't see the NRA policy as helpful.
Anyway, I think I've made the points I wished to make. My aim is only to try to indicate how these tragedies might be viewed from another country.
Guns don't kill people. Failure to control ownership of them helps to kill people.
I am apparently missing something........what additional gun law would have PREVENTED this tragedy..... or even Newtown for that matter ? It is already illegal for a convicted felon to be in possession of a gun, and he had several. I don't wish to repeat the mistakes of our failed drug laws, where today drugs are available 24/7, on any street, anywhere, at prices that rival the Dollar Store. Look how difficult it is going to be to get rid of that infrastructure and the laws that go with it ? I will think LONG and HARD about any additional feel good laws.

I do think the recent shootings over the last 2 years have shed light on our disastrous mental health care system though. We have spent years unloading everyone from mental health facilities and the results are beginning to show.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#48 Dec 24, 2012
Whitie was shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Just blame the White Suburban Culture,
cause that is what the problem is,
but none of the whites will bring it up,
as they would have if all these mass shootings were done by blacks.
You are just a sub human waste product trying to spin this into a racial thing. Go away troll.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#49 Dec 24, 2012
I have it on good info that the killer used to be a volunteer fireman before he went to prison and they were getting ready to let him back in when he busted a spring

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#50 Dec 24, 2012
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>It is the NRA who are arguing that 'the only way to stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun' and suggesting that schools be defended by armed volunteers. The NRA are 'Liberal nut-jobs'?
A view from abroad (the UK)...
Deepest sypathies to those who are affected by these tragedies. I hope lessons are learned to prevent them in the future and shared by all developed countries.
The USA seems unable to learn from the experience of other countries. Does anyone seriously think that schools, shopping malls, emergency responders,(the list seems endless) can ever be adaquately protected by armed guards? The answer would appear to be obvious and it has nothing to do with politcal ideology, Reps, or Dems.
The question is: how to stop incidents like this from happening?
The problem with banning guns is that there will be millions of powerful small-arms loose in society and owners who are adament they won't relinguish them, or their right to own them. This culture is what must be challenged and gun ownership reduced and then restricted. The USA will face this fact or suffer excessively in this way until it does. There is no other way out but to remove guns from civil society. It won't stop it completely, but experience elsewhere indicates it will minimise it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
"Gun-related death rates in the United States are eight times higher than they are in countries that are economically and politically similar to it, however most countries similar to the United States have a securer social network." And,
"In 2009...66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm".
Perhaps the most dangerous period will be that during which guns are largely removed from society. USAmericans need to work together to plan that and that is what the NRA should be advising.
It also appears to be the case that the USA has so far suffered more lightly than it might have. There were 650 people in the building when Adam Lanza struck. What if he had been as determined as Anders Breivik and attacked in such a remote location? What if he had had more powerful and fully automatic weapons? Most of the children hid in cupboards and simply out of sight. He could have fired through walls and been systematic about it. These attacks are sometimes made by more than one person. There could be a far worse US tragedy one day - despite any number of armed guards and volunteers, though that might be a useful interim measure in some circumstances while guns are removed from society.
I don't expect a rush to agreement, but I think these tragedies will continue in direct correlation with the degree and continuence of the US gun-culture.
(The guy who is posting with the ISP 'Rochester NY' is clearly a troll. He plainly gets satisfaction from antagonising people. He obviously has some mental issue. This is a very open forum and he may also be a child. Nobody should be upset by him. Personally, I see no need to respond to such ignorant comments.)
Best wishes and good luck in identifying solutions.
The answer to your question is you can't!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#51 Dec 24, 2012
DHB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am apparently missing something........what additional gun law would have PREVENTED this tragedy..... or even Newtown for that matter ? It is already illegal for a convicted felon to be in possession of a gun, and he had several. I don't wish to repeat the mistakes of our failed drug laws, where today drugs are available 24/7, on any street, anywhere, at prices that rival the Dollar Store. Look how difficult it is going to be to get rid of that infrastructure and the laws that go with it ? I will think LONG and HARD about any additional feel good laws.
I do think the recent shootings over the last 2 years have shed light on our disastrous mental health care system though. We have spent years unloading everyone from mental health facilities and the results are beginning to show.
Anyone at any time can snap!

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#52 Dec 24, 2012
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a sub human waste product trying to spin this into a racial thing. Go away troll.
Your the troll that needs to go away.
This is all about the white race.
You don't see blacks doing this do you??

When whites are doing wrong you look to blame anything else.

Location hidden

#54 Dec 24, 2012
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT has NOTHING to do with the fact the system is the problem.
Even the system is white.

Location hidden

#55 Dec 24, 2012
tmaxx2 wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone at any time can snap!
Anyone?? Seems its always whites.

Location hidden

#56 Dec 24, 2012
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the troll that needs to go away.
Um, I see blacks killing blacks EVERY DAY! NOW, I refuse to discuss RACE, this has nothing to do with race.

Location hidden

#57 Dec 24, 2012
Chika wrote:
What next? Firefighters to carry guns? The USA is getting as bad as the crazy Muslims countries.
Good point...yes, it is! PS; LOVE your'e name!(I'm guapo!) lol!
anyway

United States

#58 Dec 24, 2012
morality wrote:
<quoted text>Your the troll that needs to go away.

I see BLACKS killing each other every single day here in Chicago! I have never seen a bigger waste of life ever. They are animals!

Location hidden

#59 Dec 24, 2012
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I see blacks killing blacks EVERY DAY! NOW, I refuse to discuss RACE, this has nothing to do with race.
I don't see black doing mass killings, I don't see them killing 6 yr olds or firemen coming to help..

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#60 Dec 24, 2012
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe it will make you think twice when you talk effin crap when a black person is killed??
B.I.N.G.O!!!!!!!!

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#61 Dec 24, 2012
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see black doing mass killings, I don't see them killing 6 yr olds or firemen coming to help..
B.I.N.G.O!!!!!!

Since: Dec 12

El Cajon, CA

#62 Dec 24, 2012
We pray for the family and friends of all that lost their lives. I am fairly certain they didn't know this was going to be the last day of their life DO YOU?? We had an 18 year old son that died in a very “UNUSUAL WAY”. The day he died he was all excited about getting to his cross country running class to test out his new shoes he was given free the night before. See NEWS VIDEO COVERAGE at http://allneedChrist.com . Our son was an AP calculus student in high school, cross country runner that ran 40 plus miles a week since the age of 8. When he died an autopsy was done and no drugs or alcohol were in his system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Break room ratings 4 hr Jeff Spicoli 102
Another White Man Accused of Child Molestation (Apr '12) 16 hr kool aid ngr 15
Rumors led to arrest of teacher's aide accused ... 21 hr Rah Rah 6
The Bus Terminal Is Dead 23 hr Osipovitch Lies 23
greece cop shoot dog Thu robinson 10
Hilton student, not adult, could be facing char... Thu Osipovitch Lies 2
13WHAM Anchor Don Alhart to work until he drops... (Jan '13) Wed watchman69 28
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web