Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

This nut job killed his Grandmother with a hammer in 1998...a real sweet heart.
stank breath whites

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Two firefighters won't go home for Christmas. This is such a tragedy! What is wrong with people?
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Steel City Steelers wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are an absolute piece of effing crap!!!! I despise the thought that you walk amongst the rest of us!!! May you burn in hell upon your definite arrival there...it's where you belong. You POS!
Well maybe it will make you think twice when you talk effin crap when a black person is killed??

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

stank breath whites wrote:
Two firefighters won't go home for Christmas. This is such a tragedy! What is wrong with people?
You mean, What's wrong with white people?
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

whatsnext wrote:
Soon we'll hearing from Liberal nut-jobs that EVERY fire department too needs a Police presence to "protect" our courageous Firemen while their responding to calls. Just like after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting incident, these Liberal nut-jobs will urge our buffoon politicians to "protect" our schools and now even our firemen with GUNS...yet, these same Liberals will whine & cry about how the NRA has blood on their hands.
It is the NRA who are arguing that 'the only way to stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun' and suggesting that schools be defended by armed volunteers. The NRA are 'Liberal nut-jobs'?

A view from abroad (the UK)...
Deepest sypathies to those who are affected by these tragedies. I hope lessons are learned to prevent them in the future and shared by all developed countries.

The USA seems unable to learn from the experience of other countries. Does anyone seriously think that schools, shopping malls, emergency responders,(the list seems endless) can ever be adaquately protected by armed guards? The answer would appear to be obvious and it has nothing to do with politcal ideology, Reps, or Dems.

The question is: how to stop incidents like this from happening?

The problem with banning guns is that there will be millions of powerful small-arms loose in society and owners who are adament they won't relinguish them, or their right to own them. This culture is what must be challenged and gun ownership reduced and then restricted. The USA will face this fact or suffer excessively in this way until it does. There is no other way out but to remove guns from civil society. It won't stop it completely, but experience elsewhere indicates it will minimise it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
"Gun-related death rates in the United States are eight times higher than they are in countries that are economically and politically similar to it, however most countries similar to the United States have a securer social network." And,
"In 2009...66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm".

Perhaps the most dangerous period will be that during which guns are largely removed from society. USAmericans need to work together to plan that and that is what the NRA should be advising.

It also appears to be the case that the USA has so far suffered more lightly than it might have. There were 650 people in the building when Adam Lanza struck. What if he had been as determined as Anders Breivik and attacked in such a remote location? What if he had had more powerful and fully automatic weapons? Most of the children hid in cupboards and simply out of sight. He could have fired through walls and been systematic about it. These attacks are sometimes made by more than one person. There could be a far worse US tragedy one day - despite any number of armed guards and volunteers, though that might be a useful interim measure in some circumstances while guns are removed from society.

I don't expect a rush to agreement, but I think these tragedies will continue in direct correlation with the degree and continuence of the US gun-culture.

(The guy who is posting with the ISP 'Rochester NY' is clearly a troll. He plainly gets satisfaction from antagonising people. He obviously has some mental issue. This is a very open forum and he may also be a child. Nobody should be upset by him. Personally, I see no need to respond to such ignorant comments.)

Best wishes and good luck in identifying solutions.
whatsnext

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>It is the NRA who are arguing that 'the only way to stop a bad man with a gun, is a good man with a gun' and suggesting that schools be defended by armed volunteers. The NRA are 'Liberal nut-jobs'?
A view from abroad (the UK)...
Deepest sypathies to those who are affected by these tragedies. I hope lessons are learned to prevent them in the future and shared by all developed countries.
The USA seems unable to learn from the experience of other countries. Does anyone seriously think that schools, shopping malls, emergency responders,(the list seems endless) can ever be adaquately protected by armed guards? The answer would appear to be obvious and it has nothing to do with politcal ideology, Reps, or Dems.
The question is: how to stop incidents like this from happening?
The problem with banning guns is that there will be millions of powerful small-arms loose in society and owners who are adament they won't relinguish them, or their right to own them. This culture is what must be challenged and gun ownership reduced and then restricted. The USA will face this fact or suffer excessively in this way until it does. There is no other way out but to remove guns from civil society. It won't stop it completely, but experience elsewhere indicates it will minimise it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_...
"Gun-related death rates in the United States are eight times higher than they are in countries that are economically and politically similar to it, however most countries similar to the United States have a securer social network." And,
"In 2009...66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm".
Perhaps the most dangerous period will be that during which guns are largely removed from society. USAmericans need to work together to plan that and that is what the NRA should be advising.
It also appears to be the case that the USA has so far suffered more lightly than it might have. There were 650 people in the building when Adam Lanza struck. What if he had been as determined as Anders Breivik and attacked in such a remote location? What if he had had more powerful and fully automatic weapons? Most of the children hid in cupboards and simply out of sight. He could have fired through walls and been systematic about it. These attacks are sometimes made by more than one person. There could be a far worse US tragedy one day - despite any number of armed guards and volunteers, though that might be a useful interim measure in some circumstances while guns are removed from society.
I don't expect a rush to agreement, but I think these tragedies will continue in direct correlation with the degree and continuence of the US gun-culture.
(The guy who is posting with the ISP 'Rochester NY' is clearly a troll. He plainly gets satisfaction from antagonising people. He obviously has some mental issue. This is a very open forum and he may also be a child. Nobody should be upset by him. Personally, I see no need to respond to such ignorant comments.)
Best wishes and good luck in identifying solutions.
No, it's the anti-NRA people who are the Liberal nut-jobs. Sorry you mis-understood what I wrote.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

stank breath whites wrote:
Stressors on people with mental and emotional problems? It happens all over the world but on a less prolific scale,(even after allowing for differing population sizes).

A proper (free) support system for the mentally ill and those in dire circumstances of poverty, abuse and isolation seems to be part (but only part) of the solution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_health#Em...
"Emotional mental illnesses should be a particular concern in the United States of America since the U.S.A has the highest annual prevalence rates (26 percent) for mental illnesses among a comparison of 14 developing and developed countries. While approximately 80 percent of all people in the United States with a mental disorder eventually receive some form of treatment, on the average persons do not access care until nearly a decade following the development of their illness, and less than one-third of people who seek help receive minimally adequate care".

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

today is not the day for statistics and random babble about gun control. The NRA is far from being the issue or the problem. Finger pointing never works.
CityRes

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

I'm just soo glad i live in the city amongst black people where its safe and you don't have to worry about these nutjob whites.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

whatsnext wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the anti-NRA people who are the Liberal nut-jobs. Sorry you mis-understood what I wrote.
No, I didn't misunderstand what you wrote. You were fairly clear.

The point I was trying to make is that nae-calling (e.g. nut-jobs)is neither relevant nor helpful. Perhaps it is better not to treat this issue as a Rep-Dem thing Nor should gun-ownership be used for some sort of political ideology.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

The_ Patriot_USA wrote:
today is not the day for statistics and random babble about gun control. The NRA is far from being the issue or the problem. Finger pointing never works.
I agree finger pointing doesn't work. I don't see the NRA policy as helpful.

Anyway, I think I've made the points I wished to make. My aim is only to try to indicate how these tragedies might be viewed from another country.

Guns don't kill people. Failure to control ownership of them helps to kill people.

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Its funny that we have a
"Registered Sex Offender Registry",
but not a
"Registered Murderer Registry".

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

How about at least a

"Registered Beat Grannie in the Head with a Hammer Registry"??

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

After beating his 92 year old grandmother to death, why was he EVER released back into society??? He only served 17 years??? The "judge, procecutor's, NYS Dept of 'Corrections' and Parole Board" are ALL responsible for this. THAT is the problem. As for a convicted felon having a gun...well surprise surprise surprise...THEY ALL HAVE THEM! Why?
Because they can get them and they don't register them; THOSE "rules" only apply to the decent law abiding citizens and anyone that doesn't understand that is a complete moron. The "COURTS", "JUDGES", "PROSECUTORS" AND SYSTEM are the problem. This guy should NEVER have been placed back into society...The problem is the SYSTEM and the morons in office...THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES TO BLAME FOR THIS...wake up people!
Gun Owner

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

This man was a felon hence felons "by law" are not allowed to own guns. So what did a law against this man owning a gun do?

Laws are not the answer period so anti-gun nuts go pick up your rocks and throw them at the next nut trying to kill you.
Whitie was shooter

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

luvnut wrote:
The "COURTS", "JUDGES", "PROSECUTORS" AND SYSTEM are the problem.
They are all white and so is the guy.
Whitie was shooter

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

All our white leaders are on YNN right now trying to figure out what or who to blame while stating how great whites are.
They will never blame the white suburban culture.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Whitie was shooter wrote:
<quoted text>
They are all white and so is the guy.
THAT has NOTHING to do with the fact the system is the problem.

“STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>I agree finger pointing doesn't work. I don't see the NRA policy as helpful.
Anyway, I think I've made the points I wished to make. My aim is only to try to indicate how these tragedies might be viewed from another country.
Guns don't kill people. Failure to control ownership of them helps to kill people.
Don't blame the NRA, it's not their fault. You have to start at the top with our government. Thou protected by the 2nd amendment the government can restrict certain guns from ever being made. The 2nd amendment states we have the right to bear arms, it doesn't specify what those arms should or could be. The assault weapons ban didn't work, so there needs to be a new solutions. Most of the responsibility belongs to the gun owner themselves. Mandatory trigger locks, weapons must be stored in a safe, restrict ammo purchases. If your on certain medication ie: depression meds, then no firearms for you or anyone in your household. that may not be the answer but it's a start. There is a reasonable solution out there, but taking ALL firearms away is not the answer.
Whitie was shooter

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT has NOTHING to do with the fact the system is the problem.
What??

If the system was made by whites and the system is run by whites, then it has everything to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Warning for Monroe County was issued at July 28 at 2:37PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search