Man gets 25 years to life in prision ...

Man gets 25 years to life in prision for killing wife

There are 15 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 17, 2007, titled Man gets 25 years to life in prision for killing wife. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Christopher Hunter was convicted in October of murdering his wife Melissa Hammond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2007
I am so tired of seeing "25 years to life". why dont they just throw these murderers in prison forever and throw away the key. I remember this heinous crime last year. This lady was taken away from her children forever so why not take this man off the streets forever.
Alyssa Wilson

Pittsford, NY

#2 Dec 17, 2007
That was my cousin that piece of trash murdered. I hope prison is NOT very kind to him.....
Deb H

Avon, NY

#4 Dec 17, 2007
Melissa & Chris were my neighbors when they lived in Hamlin. Melissa was such a sweetheart. Chris on the other hand is a piece of lint. Not only did he beat on her, the police were at their home on numerous occasions for other things involving Chris. I hope he never gets out. I feel so bad that none of us in this neighborhood could help Melissa see the light before they had a family. Now those boys have no mother...or father.

United States

#5 Dec 17, 2007

Rochester, NY

#6 Dec 17, 2007
This woman mentally abuses this guy and he snaps and all of a sudden its all his fault ?! Ohhh she was such a sweetheart and he was lint, who are you ? A feminist ? You think you know people inside and out simply due to their sex being the same as yours ?

Alyssa W

Pittsford, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2007
LBJ wrote:
This woman mentally abuses this guy and he snaps and all of a sudden its all his fault ?! Ohhh she was such a sweetheart and he was lint, who are you ? A feminist ? You think you know people inside and out simply due to their sex being the same as yours ?
Are you kidding me? Seriously?????? My cousin tried to get away from him numerous times he was and is a waste of skin. PERIOD!!!! He is not even fit to be called a human being and by making the statement you did YOU apparently have no clue what you are talking about either.... Why do you think she had a restraining order??? Because he was just so much fun to be with??? Think about it.....

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2007
Well, she must not have been trying to get away too seriously. Correct me if I'm wrong, they did have 3 kids together? Usually if a person is being so badly abused, they find a way to get out, not keep having kids to trap them in. BUT when it comes to family we all seem to see only the things that we want to see. Maybe there is more to the story then YOU know. Not to down play a murder, but seems like women are always looked at as the innocent one, and men are the abuser. Our neighbor is always abusing her husband, and SHE calls the police, and SHE has the restraining order. Yet if HE killed her in self defense..... HE would get 25 to life for murder. Think about that one! There's always two sides.

Since: Dec 07

Pittsford, NY

#9 Dec 18, 2007
yeah because it is so easy to get away from an abuser who already has a criminal record. Great guy who abused a dog the first time around it... You have no idea what you are talking about... There are 2 sides but 52 times of stabbing her in the face and body with a fishing knife and leaving her there to die after stalking her hmmmmm.... also having your own mother turn you in really shows what a stand up guy you are....

Indio, CA

#10 Dec 18, 2007
Ok First off Chris was my 2nd cousin HE WAS NO ANGEL, what he did to Melissa he deserves more than 25 years to life! When he killed her they weren't even together. So before you say what you THINK you know remember, in this case you were on the outside looking in!!!

Owensboro, KY

#11 Apr 20, 2008
melissa was the best person in the world. when you murder someone its your fault. those 3 boys now suffer because there father was crazy. the only side of this story was that she was murdered and he deserves everything he got, if not more. she was my cousin and he was trash and just made her life living hell. the only reason that she keep going back is because of the boys. there is seriously something with you if you can stab someone 52 times. <3

Since: Mar 08

#12 Apr 22, 2008
No matter what the story is, that is sick. You don't ever murder someone. Unless they kidnapped, or raped, or murdered or child or family member, I don't get why you would want to kill anyone. And even if she did supposedly "abuse" him, how is stabbing someone that many times self defense. Come on.
David LaCross

Schenectady, NY

#14 Jul 24, 2008
i grew up with brad and melissa. my familys thoughts and prayers will always be with her family

United States

#15 Jul 22, 2009
I was friends with Melissa. She did not have a bad bone in her body. She was such a sweet girl. I don't believe that she mentally abused him. And having taken many psych classes in college and watching many tv programs on abuse and murders, most women stay because it is hard to leave (children & pets). The man belittles them so much that they feel they deserve it. In most cases, by the time they realize that it isn't their fault and they should leave, it is too late. It's a good thing her ex-jerk of a husband is in jail because I know a few people who would love to meet him (me included).

Rochester, NY

#16 Aug 1, 2013
It has almost been 7 years since Melissa tradgic death happened. I think about her all the time.
Melissa was such a big part of my life. She was a co-worker one of my best friends and was like my sister. We all miss and love her so much.It is so sad that she won't be here to watch her boys grow. We can only hope and pray that she watches over them and helps to guide them thru their life.
As for Chris I am still numb to even think of him. He took a beautiful person from us. It's sad that the boys will never see Melissa and have faint memories of her with the youngest one probably not remembering her at all.
My thoughts and prayers will always be with both families. My heart will ache forever.

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Aug 1, 2013 ………
His wife probally was ugly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Trump Running a Campaign or Hotel Promotion? 9 min Ha Ha 6
Hey all you TrumpTards 17 min Ha Ha 100
Trump says he'll sue sexual misconduct accusers 3 hr Ha Ha 38
Janet Lomax Retiring from Ch 10 4 hr TV Watcher 17
News Town justice: 'Emergency doctrine' valid in res... 6 hr Ha Ha 1
News Shariah Marches on in Florida and New York 8 hr Demon Finder 2
Deaf community pushes for closed captioning at ... (Aug '14) 11 hr Chris1951 22

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance