Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2014

Judged:

I would NEVER live in the city of Rochester. The schools are HORRIBLE and the crime is out of control. I worked in the city for 7 years and requested a transfer so I didn't have to be scared walking to my car on my lunch break or at the end of my day. The city is full of entitled ghetto trash who don't work and think they can have anything they want by stealing it. Rochester also was ranked the 5th most poverty stricken cities in the US. Monroe County has some of the most lax social service requirements in the state. Don't move here...go elsewhere. The money isn't worth it (no matter how much you would get paid).
Ironic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Linda wrote:
Farewell, Alveterzane, Adieu.

We leave Saturday AM......As my husband calls them: the suckers that bought our house....
You call them "suckers"...who bought that money pit dump in the first place???
dew4794

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Grass is always greener some place else. Cities are what you make them. Grow where you are planted.
cari

East Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Judged:

Dorky Dave wrote:
Do not listen to the previous posters. Rochester still is a GREAt place to live and raise a family. While like some have mentioned I would not want to live within the city limits unless it is in the Park Ave. area.
However with that said we have great arts, entertainment options, plenty of spectator sports, and and great restaurants.
For the most part the suburban schools are great and you can drive anywhere across town in 30 minutes or less.
Rochester will always be my home and I would not live anywhere else !
With a decent paying job this area is tough to beat for quality of life.
Dave - you need to adjust your meds dude!!! If i had the means to move - i would in a NY minute!
The taxes are outragous, we just had almost 6 months of a very brutal winter, and the city is a crime riddled place that the police cant seem to get any control of. People are getting shot in broad daylight!!!
Re-think this job offer!!!!!
cari

East Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Flee NYS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 68 degrees here today , we are going to the ocean and play in the warm sand .
A year ago today we would be crying over the RG&E shut off notice and the lack of work for me . I am current with all my bills here , I don't drink as much ! I'm not angry or racially tense .Also I have finger nails again because I'm not a worried wreck . Yeah we had to downsize a bit , and it was an adventure getting established , but ...... WE and our children are HAPPY , and playful together . We never got a TV here also , and that has improved on our outlook overall .
Rottonchester is Devils Haven of Death , Destruction and Demise . Not to mention the KOOLAIDE drinker's paradise .
The current political Occupant in the White house is HATED here ! They all realize he is a Sham puppet . The populace is heavily armed and aware of their Rights to be FREE .
The schools are Clean , new , and 100 times better than Rotton chester . The children all behave . I am called Sir , and My wife is called Mam'e or Ms . My kids are playing outside all year round , and not attached to a TV set or Video Console . They READ daily .
People here are GENUINE , not PHONY . Hard working and Family oriented .
Paradise ? NO .... But it's Light Years away From Our Old life . OFF TO THE BEACH ....
For some surf fishing and Relaxation . We wont be worrying about Thugs and Riots AT ALL .
You had to downsize? Why, if it is so great there? I dont actually live in the city, but in the country about 30 minures away. Sounds like you were in 'da hood' from how you talk about the ''Devils haven of death''. Pretty dramatic! You experienced riots? LOL
The people there hate the current guy in office - you couldnt be more wrong - almost 100% of blacks who voted in the south, voted for him! That math is pretty easy to figure.
As far as the schools go - they are so far behind where our schools are - and they pass everbody through. Gee, you move south and that makes your children behave??? I make my children behave - not my geographical location! Yes the ''city of Rochester'' needs alot of help, but some of your ''points'' are wrong and reaching!
Lastly, i dont judge people by what soft drink they enjoy!!! There is nothing wrong with Koolade.
Maybe with how you've had to ''downsize'' it might be a good option. Pretty soon you'l' be saying y'all...
cari

East Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

Dorky Dave wrote:
Yes weather and taxes are a huge issue here in Rochester. Some people have moved to Florida for the weather but what I hear from friends that I have living there they have there issues also. Crime is a huge factor in South Florida. The fact that much of the population is transient is also a big problem.
Rochester has its problems for sure but Florida is not a place that I will ever call home.
There is currently a snake epidemic. I am being serious. The snake population is out of control.
Poeple have purchased exotic snakes as pets and have been releasing them for years. Now they are breeding at an alrming rate of hundreds for each birth. Many animals are becoming scarce as they are eating everything! Everyday the numbers grow by the thousands.
Look it up - it is true.
cari

East Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2014

To the stick up the butt people who look at everything as liberal or republican- I feel sorry for you. Politicains of any party are corrupt - period.
I dont trust any politician or political party. They are all out for votes and they are all wealthy. They could give a rats rump what Americans want or need. They will keep lining their pockets & that is ALL they care about.
All those 90 year old, crooked, lying, cheating stuffed shirts in our government need to go. It's time this country got rid of all of those stodgy old farts in the house & senate for good. Dead weight.
Republicans, Democrats - it doesnt matter. Nothing gets done & they keep raking it in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Rochester Forum right now

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Duffy will return to Rochester 38 min EdW 18
White Woman Pees in Public 6 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 2
Winnsboro murder suspect caught in New York4:34 pm 7 hr Send em back 1
What is your biggest pet peeve 9 hr Diamond Daisy 46
Missing Steuben County couple located 9 hr Ha Ha 8
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 9 hr Gravity Pete 670
Irond. mall will be used to House illegal Aliens 9 hr Ha Ha 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE