NY Lutheran Synod dumps woman Bishop ...

NY Lutheran Synod dumps woman Bishop of 12 yrs

Posted in the Rochester Forum

dew4794

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 4, 2014
Reverend John Stanley Macholz Elected Bishop of Lutheran Church of America Upstate New York Synod
June 3, 2014
ROCHESTER, NEW YORK (UPSTATE NEW YORK SYNOD)-- The Reverend John Stanley Macholz has been elected bishop of the ELCA Upstate New York Synod at the Synod's 2014 Assembly held in Rochester.
"This election is for the whole church and how we go forward in God's Holy Spirit" said Reverend Macholz". "I ask for your prayers as we begin a new phase in the life of our church."
Bishop-elect Macholz is currently Pastor at Atonement Lutheran Church in Rochester where he has served since 1990. He also serves as Dean of the Genesee Finger Lakes Conference. He is a graduate of Concordia College and Christ Seminary-Seminex, and was ordained in 1980.
The election of a new Bishop was part of the Upstate New York Synod Assembly, which was held June 1-3 at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center. The theme for this year's assembly was "Going Public: Poured Out for the World."
Reverend Macholz was elected on the 5th ballot by a majority vote of 236 votes and the Rev. Jerge received 154 votes of the total 390 votes cast on the final ballot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pay attention to how many politicians will resi... 6 min IescapedNY 15
Obama protected drug and human trafficing rings... 9 min IescapedNY 9
Ivanka Fishing for Royal Wedding Invitation 10 min IescapedNY 16
Trump Slams FBI - on his way there 14 min IescapedNY 58
News Do Brain-Wiring Differences Make Women More Vul... 3 hr IescapedNY 2
Six PM and it's almost totally dark out 3 hr IescapedNY 5
Rahn Emanuel declares Chicago is a Trump free zone 3 hr IescapedNY 2

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance