Tell me why I shop here again?

Tell me why I shop here again?

Posted in the Rochester Forum

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#1 Jul 1, 2013
OK, first off, I know that the self-serve cashier stations serve a purpose for quick items/small purchases.
I'm in TOPS Henrietta Sunday, there's one (1) cashier open, it's already 6 people deep.
no express open and all the self-serves are empty.
so, I step in.
shouldn't I be getting a discount, if I'm scanning & bagging?
Is this really how it's going to be now?
That these stores care so little about customer service, that I have to do all the work AND pay for it?
with 4 self-serve aisles, 1 woman overseeing it, TOPS is saving
money, benefits, taxes and overhead on 3 caShiers.
so I can do their work?
and SO WalMart, Wegmans in every store they have in a 3 county area, do the same?
THAT'S A LOT of money saved, by US doing the job for THEM.
at what point did this become acceptable?
oh well, back to the Shur-Fine, mom & pop stores if I can find one...speaking of that, why does COMIDA help Wegmans and TOPS with tax breaks when all they do is employ part-timers with no benefits, yet they put all the home-owners and business owners out of business? with the state's help?

WTF is wrong here?
Oh, I guess that would be; Thanks for looking out for us Chuck & Louise...
IescapedNY

Newark, NJ

#4 Jul 1, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
OK, first off, I know that the self-serve cashier stations serve a purpose for quick items/small purchases.
I'm in TOPS Henrietta Sunday, there's one (1) cashier open, it's already 6 people deep.
so, I step in.
That these stores care so little about customer service, that I have to do all the work AND pay for it?
so I can do their work?
and SO WalMart, Wegmans in every store they have in a 3 county area, do the same?
oh well, back to the Shur-Fine, mom & pop stores if I can find one...speaking of that, why does COMIDA help Wegmans and TOPS with tax breaks when all they do is employ part-timers with no benefits, yet they put all the home-owners and business owners out of business? with the state's help?

WTF is wrong here?
If I'm not mistaken, Wegmans is one of the few that doesn't take COMIDA money. There is an expectation that you'll hire union labor in return. Ol'Bob wasn't all about unions.....
Oh....COMIDA=Saggie Crooks
Empire Zones=Morrelle, et al
I can't remember Wezzie and Chuck's sham organization.
IescapedNY

Newark, NJ

#5 Jul 1, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
For the most part I think Wegmans is prety good. I refuse to shop at Tops. I avoid Walmart as much as possible but have on a couple occasions walked out leaving full shopping carts. F them with only a couple of registers open.
thanks for reaffirming what a prick you are.

drop the puck, Ref...

#6 Jul 1, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm not mistaken, Wegmans is one of the few that doesn't take COMIDA money. There is an expectation that you'll hire union labor in return. Ol'Bob wasn't all about unions.....
Oh....COMIDA=Saggie Crooks
Empire Zones=Morrelle, et al
I can't remember Wezzie and Chuck's sham organization.
in 2007 Wegmans got 22 million dollars American money tax breaks from COMIDA for their culinary center.
that's just one project.
if, you really desire, I can research how many stores got it.
it doesn't take much research.
hey are you a twin?
Ben

Rochester, NY

#7 Jul 1, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
so, I step in.
so I can do their work?
WTF is wrong here?
Tops has the worst service. FYI tops in Henrietta is moving to the Plaza behind Tullys on Jefferson Road so they can put in gas pumps. Can not put them in where they are now. Like they sell lots of gas at the other stores and can compete with Quick Fill and Delta Sonic. Tops has no chance with gas in Henrietta. When will they get it. Clean stores, fast check out and low prices is what they need to improve on not gas pumps. I can not wait till we get our costco. You know when you go into a Tops the employees do not care and it will take some time to check out. Not sure how they stay in business.
Rhonda

Rochester, NY

#8 Jul 1, 2013
I'm sure the cashier and other employees there including the manager were all white.

I suggest you try to shop at the Tops in the City on West Ave, where you will find the best run tops in the area, run by mostly all black employees and managers. There you will not find ignorant fat snobby whites blocking an aisle like they own it and you'll just have to wait attitude, nor will you find all those whites using the EBT card to buy their monthly amount of lobsters, steaks and cigarettes, and you will find speedy checkouts and if you only have 1 or 2 items you'll find that the black customers will let you get in line in front of them. You will also find that the price are lower then other Tops.

drop the puck, Ref...

#10 Jul 1, 2013
Rhonda wrote:
I'm sure the cashier and other employees there including the manager were all white.
I suggest you try to shop at the Tops in the City on West Ave, where you will find the best run tops in the area, run by mostly all black employees and managers. There you will not find ignorant fat snobby whites blocking an aisle like they own it and you'll just have to wait attitude, nor will you find all those whites using the EBT card to buy their monthly amount of lobsters, steaks and cigarettes, and you will find speedy checkouts and if you only have 1 or 2 items you'll find that the black customers will let you get in line in front of them. You will also find that the price are lower then other Tops.
sometimes you are funny sistah.
but then again your expectations are lowered.
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#11 Jul 1, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
sometimes you are funny sistah.
but then again your expectations are lowered.
If you ever over come your fear of blacks, you really need to try the West Ave Tops, you'd be surprised.
Moe

Rochester, NY

#13 Jul 1, 2013
Rhonda wrote:
The Gates WalMart and the Gates KFC is all black and the service sucks. The shelves are never full and many are empty at the Gates Walmart. Then there is the Irondiquoit WalMart. Another screwed up mess. All tops suck because the management sucks and the WalMarts suck because the help does give a crap. KFC went out of business in Rochester because of the help and management. Dirty, poor service, rats feces and crappy employees. Now a new KFC Franchise in Rochester but the same old employees and management. Lets see how long they last her in the welfare city.

drop the puck, Ref...

#14 Jul 1, 2013
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever over come your fear of blacks, you really need to try the West Ave Tops, you'd be surprised.
I'm not afraid of blacks, I'm scared shitless of stupid racist entitled lazy multi generational slugs that VOTE based on color, not performance.
you know?
IescapedNY

Rochester, NY

#15 Jul 2, 2013
i_m_watching wrote:
<quoted text>
in 2007 Wegmans got 22 million dollars American money tax breaks from COMIDA for their culinary center.
that's just one project.
if, you really desire, I can research how many stores got it.
it doesn't take much research.
hey are you a twin?
I stand corrected.

drop the puck, Ref...

#18 Jul 2, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text> I stand corrected.
Actually, MY mistake.
correction:

Wegmans Food Markets Inc. was approved for property tax breaks totaling $713,388 for an $8.1 million addition adjacent to its Culinary Innovation Center on Fisher Road in Chili.

The new 12,000-square-foot building will house the grocery’s specialty cheeses as they mature. The community benefit will be more than $1.75 million, COMIDA said.

Wegmans, which employs 9.154 in Monroe County, plans to add seven jobs over three years.

drop the puck, Ref...

#19 Jul 2, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
haha changed to my username, why? 1 hr perfect 31
haha prefers justin over amanda 1 hr perfect 3
Little league World Series 11 hr perfect 2
News Brittanee Drexel missing for six months (Oct '09) Sun Solved 117
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) Sun Hon Rev Dickwadstein 139
Amanda Ciavarri and Justin Granite are engaged ... Sun perfect 57
Trump Spreads Claim that Clinton's Mentor was K... Sun perfect 11

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages