Killed by one of her "Best Friends"

Killed by one of her "Best Friends"

Posted in the Rochester Forum

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Firefighter Dawn Brown, of Big Rock, Ill., was killed by a mastiff she had taken in only a week earlier, according to police.

French Mastiff dog.

An Illinois firefighter who rescued a mastiff when a relative no longer wanted it was mauled to death by the dog, leaving her husband and colleagues in shock, according to reports Wednesday.

Dawn Brown, 44, was discovered Monday afternoon by her husband in their Big Rock home, located outside of Chicago. She was lying at the bottom of the basement stairs, ABC affiliate WLS-TV reported.

“He tried first aid right away, but it was already evident that she was deceased when he got there,” Lt. Pat Gengler, of the Kane County Sheriff's Office, told the station.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/mast...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wedge. Take Your Own Advise, Go To Church Today... 5 min Moshe 17
Why Do People Bother With NYs Medical Marijuana... 29 min IescapedNY 3
Welcome Back PigPen. You Sure Spanked South Wed... 32 min Moshe 34
OMG! Friday's High Is Only Going To Be 61 degrees. 2 hr IescapedNY 1
What do you know about pizzagate? 3 hr Moshe 14
News Four victims identified in Utica apartment buil... (Sep '09) 5 hr truth hurts liberals 15
South Wedge, I Don't Necessarily Dislike You! 15 hr Moshe 8

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages