Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Bernard Continelli wrote:
Abbs, I don't own a military-styled "assault" rifle myself and don't feel the need for one, but your statement is simply false and common sense dictates that the police and even military can't possible be everywhere to protect everybody "24/7".
Personally, I think those pro-gunners who specifically maintain that civilian guns can prevent governmental tyranny in this day-and-age are downright silly: Even fully-automatic hand-held firearms in civilian hands (which have been illegal in the U.S. since the 1930s, BTW) could not stand-up to military heavier artillery, so how could a semi-auto-only one do so?
However, even though I have not hunted in several years I'm still reticent to "pound my shotgun into a plowshare" because of two other factors: The modern-day Dicks and Perrys of "In Cold Blood" fame ... i.e. violent burglars and "A Clockwork Orange"-type home invasions, and the possible anarchic breakdown of civil order. There is NO other weapon short of a firearm - not even the deadliest Samurai sword - that could deter a rioting CIVILIAN mob from making one's home a victim of a Molotov cocktail.
Finally, I DON'T consider the basic right of self-defense and the "stand your ground" mentality when dire to be an "American" right, I consider it to be a HUMAN one in the exact same way that actor Rupert Everett claimed he was not part of the 'gay community', but rather the human community!
I remind you that the worlds' greatest military power was defeated by the will of farmers and merchants who were rebelling against Tyranny, armed only with their personal weapons, and their love of Liberty.
Bernard Continelli

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

... And what year was this? Was it the time when farmers, merchants, AND the military carried the SAME type of muskets?!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

... And what year was this? Was it the time when farmers, merchants, AND the military carried the SAME type of muskets?!
The love of Liberty is timeless in human history.
Besara

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Abbs wrote:
Will it really make much diffrence.Its all false promises.Gun laws do need sorted out and the sooner the better.Why does everyone need a gun? Only people who need guns are the police and the army.Still living in the old wild west days? Move forward and drop the guns.Britain dont need guns so why do Americans.
Where there are rights, "needs" is not relevant. Why do the police need guns? Old west days? What do YOU know about the Old West days? Britains don't need guns? Is that what the subjects said, or is that what their rulers told them?
Besara

Urbandale, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Same time that movable type; the quill & parchment; and the spoken word were the only forms of free speech. Point?
Abbs

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

What do you know fullstop..who needs a gun or they poop their pants? haha
Abbs

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

By the way Besara the subject says who do you support for governor in new york in 2010.That was 3 year ago! So the subjects not really valid anymore is it or do you live in a time machine?
Seven Eleven

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Mariah Carey

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Abbs wrote:
Will it really make much diffrence.Its all false promises.Gun laws do need sorted out and the sooner the better.Why does everyone need a gun? Only people who need guns are the police and the army.Still living in the old wild west days? Move forward and drop the guns.Britain dont need guns so why do Americans.
Let's ask Lee Rigby.
Abbs

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Lee Rigby was knocked down with a car first! Do you somehow think he could have shot the tyres first and put a couple of shots through the windscreen?...Its not some action movie!

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

That car would have thought twice about attacking anybody if the intended victim could have defended himself.
There were numerous witnesses to the horror, and if only one was prepared for this onslaught and delivered some justifiably-placed bullets Lee might still be alive today.
Those two savages are the reason why a defense is needed. But, I guess, it's better to have monsters with machetes roaming a country filled with defenseless targets.
So, have you asked your question to Lee Rigby? Or is he still dead due to some savages with weapons?
Abbs

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Justice was and is being served.Bad stuff happens in life and thats that.Do you think guns keep the peace...guns kill and too often they are in the wrong hands.
Abbs

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

As i said before its only the Police and Army that should have guns.What about all the nutjobs that go on killing sprees with guns? How do you defend that one? Theirs a vast majority of people that should not own a gun.
ASSAULTEDNUTS

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

votings only purpose is to pacify the idiots

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Abbs wrote:
As i said before its only the Police and Army that should have guns.What about all the nutjobs that go on killing sprees with guns? How do you defend that one? Theirs a vast majority of people that should not own a gun.
Prior to 9-11-01, the largest mass murder in New York City occurred at the Happyland Dance club. A boyfriend, angry with his girlfriend went to a gas station and borrowed 5 gals of gas, went back to the club and lit the stairs on fire, killing 86 people, not a shot was fired.
De Odumbo Conser

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
I remind you that the worlds' greatest military power was defeated by the will of farmers and merchants who were rebelling against Tyranny, armed only with their personal weapons, and their love of Liberty.
And I remind you that the British had no more firepower than the colonists did, just more of it. It's an asinine comparison, which is why it doesn't surprise me that you made it. Shall we ask those farmers and merchants in this country today who has a B-1 bomber or an M3A3 laying around?
De Odumbo Conser

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

De Oppresso Liber wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to 9-11-01, the largest mass murder in New York City occurred at the Happyland Dance club. A boyfriend, angry with his girlfriend went to a gas station and borrowed 5 gals of gas, went back to the club and lit the stairs on fire, killing 86 people, not a shot was fired.
True, let's compare 1959 to 2013. Makes a ton of sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
And I remind you that the British had no more firepower than the colonists did, just more of it. It's an asinine comparison, which is why it doesn't surprise me that you made it. Shall we ask those farmers and merchants in this country today who has a B-1 bomber or an M3A3 laying around?
Same firepower, really? You are a moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

De Odumbo Conser wrote:
<quoted text>
True, let's compare 1959 to 2013. Makes a ton of sense.
The Happyland massacre happened on March 25, 1990. To call you a Moron is to be too generous, Moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

ASSAULTEDNUTS wrote:
votings only purpose is to pacify the idiots
You sound pacified

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Rochester Forum right now

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Chick who ran over biker was on crack 21 min Alcohlic one 10
Why Catholic Weddings are in decline. 1 hr Lie Detector 4
Murder of a prostitute in 1978 or 79 (Feb '12) 1 hr Dutchess 89
New Breakroom is the best morning show in town 2 hr Rhondas Cousin 11
What is your biggest pet peeve 3 hr Ha Ha 42
Is Diamond Daisy Crazy? 6 hr Benny 2
Police charge 2 men in fatal Philly carjacking 10 hr RacistFireCrotchBarnFart 6
•••
•••