Police: Man shot by cop had gun, fled...

Police: Man shot by cop had gun, fled officers

There are 9 comments on the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle story from Oct 14, 2013, titled Police: Man shot by cop had gun, fled officers. In it, Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports that:

A 20-year-old Rochester man was shot in the lower back Sunday night by a Rochester police officer during a short foot chase in northeast Rochester.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2013
Point a gun at someone you deserve to get shot. Laws of the street.

A 20-year-old Rochester man was shot in the lower back Sunday night by a Rochester police officer during a short foot chase in northeast Rochester.

The injured man, Tyshawn Johnson, remained at Strong Memorial Hospital Monday with injuries that were not considered life threatening, said Rochester Police Chief James Sheppard. Johnson was listed in guarded condition on Monday, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Sheppard said two officers on patrol approached two men who were reportedly acting suspiciously on Bay Street, at the request of a corner store employee. As Officers Cody Goodfriend, 26, and Michael Collins, 34, patted down the pair, one of the officers felt and saw a sawed-off shotgun in Johnsonís waistband, Sheppard said at a Monday morning news conference in the Public Safety Building.

Johnson allegedly broke free from the officers, both three-year veterans of the department, and ran from the scene. Both officers ran after Johnson.

ďAs the officers pursued on foot, Johnson displayed the gun and turned toward officers as he continued running,Ē Sheppard said. Goodfriend fired one round, and struck Johnson in the lower back, near his buttocks, he said.

The chase lasted several minutes and about two blocks, Sheppard said. The second man also fled the scene.

Johnson was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a felony, Sheppard said.

[email protected] om

Rochester, NY

#2 Oct 14, 2013
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/news/700484/...

Were they in the store or outside???
Story makes no sense.
And for what reason were white city cops patting them down?? Were they going on a plane?

""Sheppard says that is an area where individuals are involved in outdoor drug sales."""

I never heard of "outdoor drug sales", is that unlike "indoor drug sales" that the suburban whites do??
So after searching them, how much drugs were found?? Or are they just saying it's an area known to have outside drugs sales to give them a reason to stop and search anybody??

Rochester, NY

#3 Oct 14, 2013
Was the shotgun loaded or did them have rounds with them?

Rochester, NY

#4 Oct 14, 2013
""Sheppard says that is an area where individuals are involved in outdoor drug sales."""

If the RPD know this, would it be too hard to hide on a roof somewhere and watch and make some arrests??
NickboHasNoSneak ers

Rochester, NY

#5 Oct 14, 2013
It's just not right a Goodfriend shooting someone?

Rochester, NY

#6 Oct 14, 2013
Must have had dumb dumbs mug shot on file as they took him right to the bullet repair clinic.
Oh well, this one will be going to prison.
NickboHasNoSneak ers

Rochester, NY

#7 Oct 14, 2013
Now they are saying that there was 911 call, but it was a store employee that flagged the cops down driving by.

lol

Tomorrow they will come up with another story.
Diamond Daisy

Rochester, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2013
I think the policeman should get an award. I bet he saved someones life or stopped some muggings or roberies. Who carrys a sawed off shotgun when they are walking around the city on Sunday evening?
sevonOFnine

Rochester, NY

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Diamond Daisy wrote:
I think the policeman should get an award. I bet he saved someones life or stopped some muggings or roberies. Who carrys a sawed off shotgun when they are walking around the city on Sunday evening?
Maybe it was unloaded and maybe he had no rounds for it.
Maybe he found it and was just showing off to his friends, as he is very young looking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it time to replace the Presidential Yacht 4 min IescapedNY 11
Putin 2018 Calandars selling Out in the West 30 min IescapedNY 1
Lavar Balls: A LOSER to the ninth degree 49 min IescapedNY 21
Rochester and suburbs, teenage drivers, elderly... 53 min IescapedNY 4
Flynn Cuts Ties With Trump Lawyers 58 min IescapedNY 2
I Would Like to Stuff Bruce Popper for Thanksgi... 1 hr Colabri 5
Trump: Selling Out America 1 hr Colabri 2

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance