NBC ending Jay Leno show next month

NBC ending Jay Leno show next month

There are 23 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jan 10, 2010, titled NBC ending Jay Leno show next month. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

NBC confirmed that the Jay Leno prime-time experiment is over. NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin said Sundays that Leno's nightly prime-time show will end with the beginning of the Winter Olympics on Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Todd

Williamson, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2010
This is what happens when you mess with a good thing. Why don't they get rid of Jimmy Fail and put the lineup back the way it was before?
Sandra

Rochester, NY

#2 Jan 10, 2010
They should give Leno the 3am to 4am time slot, so I will be sleeping when he is on.
moi

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2010
Todd wrote:
This is what happens when you mess with a good thing. Why don't they get rid of Jimmy Fail and put the lineup back the way it was before?
100% Agree with you. Leave well enough alone.
Letterman

Rochester, NY

#4 Jan 10, 2010
Only old people like Leno.
Take him off the TV and have him tour old folks homes instead.
ernie

Fulton, IL

#5 Jan 10, 2010
I'll bet my gallon of red ants that Leno will not make it at 11:35, nor will o'brien.
Stacey

Medina, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2010
Leno, you won the Late Night Wars back in the 90's.

Let it go, and let the new kids give it a go. Besides, Conan and (most definitely Jimmy) are giving you MORE than a run for your money.

Step back and enjoy the retirement.

Since: Jan 10

Rochester, NY

#7 Jan 10, 2010
I am sooo surprised. I wondered at first what they where thinking when they did that. I watched one of Leno's new shows and it was bad, beyond bad. I don't like O'Brien and that was the worst choice for the Tonight show.

NBC, wow what idiots there.
Dave

Webster, NY

#8 Jan 10, 2010
It is about time they put Leno where he belongs on the Tonight Show. Fire O'Brien as he has no humor unless you like watching child-like behavior. Replace O'Brien with Falon after the Tonight Show. Leno should be on for the entire time slot, not just 30 minutes.
hmmmm

Medina, NY

#9 Jan 10, 2010
can't believe it took them this long.

Rochester, NY

#10 Jan 10, 2010
I want to add that when I say, "what idiots at NBC," WHEC-News is not part of that of course, lol.

Since: Sep 09

United States

#11 Jan 10, 2010
me I'm in bed so IDK !
larry

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2010
jay bird should be on before work so we can start the workday rite ... depressed with a wry grinn ... and a squint eye ...
jwgibson

Chester, PA

#13 Jan 10, 2010
NBC's worst move yet! Messing with Jay's schedule is one thing' but' messing with the masses is crap. I just get used to a TV scedule and you change it up again. And another thing. If I soon have to pay for TV it will hit the curb before that day!!!!!!!
Discusted White Man

Rochester, NY

#14 Jan 10, 2010
i dont know one person that likes jay. they all like dave. i dont get jay, i dont think he is funny at all.
i wish he would just go away forever.

Rochester, NY

#15 Jan 10, 2010
I use to love Lettermen. But honestly his good days are over. I think Lettermen needs to hire new writers.(By the way I use to hate Leno at one point, but I think he has grown as a late night talk show host and comedian.)

I still hate O'Brien, lol.
Conan

Williamson, NY

#16 Jan 10, 2010
Step into the Cone Zone. Weeknights at 11:35 on News 10NBC.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#17 Jan 10, 2010
larry wrote:
jay bird should be on before work so we can start the workday rite ... depressed with a wry grinn ... and a squint eye ...
and a very slight lisp ;-)
jackass

Spencerport, NY

#18 Jan 10, 2010
they should have gotten letterman...leno is too stiff and read his writers jokes.... dave is a natural..
Fribnatz

Rochester, NY

#20 Jan 10, 2010
Discusted White Man wrote:
i dont know one person that likes jay. they all like dave. i dont get jay, i dont think he is funny at all.
i wish he would just go away forever.
Discusted is not even a word. Get your sheet straight man.
I TEAM ME

Rochester, NY

#22 Jan 10, 2010
jay thought he was gonna take over prime time and got it shoved in his arse. now thats comedy :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Leticia Astacio 55 min eeeedman 2
What's The Difference Between IescapedNY And So... 2 hr south avenue wedge 16
Here's one for Ha Ha... 2 hr Ha Ha 4
Rachel Barnhart Announces Run for Mayor 9 hr Moshe 21
Going to a Christmas party 13 hr Moshe 14
south wedge, I have questions for you 13 hr Moshe 108
Judge Overturns Conviction For Boys And Girls C... 13 hr Ha Ha 9

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance