Welfare stats around the country..

Welfare stats around the country..

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Joe Btfsplk

“Here I come to save the day”

Since: Jan 11

Dog Patch, WVa

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Myth: People on welfare are usually black, teenage mothers who stay on ten years at a time.

Fact: Most welfare recipients are non-black and adult.

Traits of families on AFDC (1)

Race
----------
White 38.8%
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4

Time on AFDC
----------
Less than 7 months 19.0%
7 to 12 months 15.2
One to two years 19.3
Two to five years 26.9
Over five years 19.6

Number of children
----------
One 43.2%
Two 30.7
Three 15.8
Four or more 10.3

Age of Mother
----------
Teenager 7.6%
20 - 29 47.9
30 - 39 32.7
40 or older 11.8
Now tell us how many of the 38.8% of the Whites stay on welfare for 7 months or less and how many of the 37.2% of the Blacks and 17.8% of the Latinos stay on welfare 2-5 and over 10 years!! I think there should be a limited time ytou can get public assistance, like maybe 6 months every 2 years and in the rest of the time you are on your own and working. And also have a 2 year residency clause included in it too. IF you come from another state to collect welfare in NY then you have to wait 2 years before you get a dime.. That will stop 99% of the new ones from coming here anyway!! It never started out to be a way of life scheme at all but people always try to get around it so they can live high on the hog and have someone else pay for it. When the state goes broke, or get into debt so far that they can't get out, they'll cut welfare and then all them people will go back to where they were born to collect free living in Alabama and Mississippi.

rochester

#2 Jan 17, 2011
There actually is a limit of 5 years. If you don't get your act together within 5 years then that's it for you. 5_36 9++34 54#8=8=- 049-4#"*+94 3/3469=3

Joe Btfsplk

Dog Patch, WVa

#3 Jan 17, 2011
ladyfif wrote:
There actually is a limit of 5 years. If you don't get your act together within 5 years then that's it for you. 5_36 9++34 54#8=8=- 049-4#"*+94 3/3469=3
I didn't ever know that, I have never had to use welfare of unemployement in my lifetime! I was always self employed and if I didn't work I didn't eat.. I did have other jobs that I worked at during the day tho like Kodak, and General Electric and some small job shops but I had always run my own businesses too..

Joe Btfsplk

Dog Patch, WVa

#4 Jan 17, 2011
What does this mean?(5_36 9++34 54#8=8=- 049-4#"*+94 3/3469=3)??

Joe Btfsplk

Dog Patch, WVa

#5 Jan 17, 2011
oops typo, of should read OR unemployment!

rochester

#6 Jan 17, 2011
Joe Btfsplk wrote:
What does this mean?(5_36 9++34 54#8=8=- 049-4#"*+94 3/3469=3)??
Opps its this qwert keypad on my phone. I meant they offer training programs for everyone . Those who dont take advantage of the oppurtunity are the dumb ones

rochester

#7 Jan 17, 2011
Joe Btfsplk wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't ever know that, I have never had to use welfare of unemployement in my lifetime! I was always self employed and if I didn't work I didn't eat.. I did have other jobs that I worked at during the day tho like Kodak, and General Electric and some small job shops but I had always run my own businesses too..
But when you have children it's a different story. I understand that when it comes to yourself,but You wouldn't want your children to go without food.
Daren

Medina, NY

#8 Jan 17, 2011
Joe Btfsplk wrote:
<quoted text>
Now tell us how many of the 38.8% of the Whites stay on welfare for 7 months or less and how many of the 37.2% of the Blacks and 17.8% of the Latinos stay on welfare 2-5 and over 10 years!! I think there should be a limited time ytou can get public assistance, like maybe 6 months every 2 years and in the rest of the time you are on your own and working. And also have a 2 year residency clause included in it too. IF you come from another state to collect welfare in NY then you have to wait 2 years before you get a dime.. That will stop 99% of the new ones from coming here anyway!! It never started out to be a way of life scheme at all but people always try to get around it so they can live high on the hog and have someone else pay for it. When the state goes broke, or get into debt so far that they can't get out, they'll cut welfare and then all them people will go back to where they were born to collect free living in Alabama and Mississippi.
Fact 90% black on welfare. 90% of blacks are shooting/stabbing in the city as well. 90% blacks have kids to get welfare. 90% get food stamps, 90% do not give a crap about there kids and 90% have no fathers.
Mick Jaguar

Rochester, NY

#9 Jan 17, 2011
ladyfif wrote:
<quoted text>
But when you have children it's a different story. I understand that when it comes to yourself,but You wouldn't want your children to go without food.
If you can't afford to feed yourself, then you have no business or rights to being havin kids or getting pregnant then.
People on welfare need to be sterilized. And drug tested too. Bigger burden put on taxpayers for the health care of crack babies born to welfare drug addicts.

maddog2008

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#10 Jan 17, 2011
ladyfif wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad you said that when you have children it is a different story,if someone is on welfare and has a child they can keep collecting until the child is well into his/her teens.(not sure of the age cut off)Maybe that is the reason people on welfare keep having children every couple of years,you think?

rochester

#12 Jan 17, 2011
Mick Jaguar wrote:
<quoted text> If you can't afford to feed yourself, then you have no business or rights to being havin kids or getting pregnant then. People on welfare need to be sterilized. And drug tested too. Bigger burden put on taxpayers for the health care of crack babies born to welfare drug addicts.
People do run into hardships. But i'm done debating about this racist stuff. Thats how things are and its not gonna change anytime soon. I'm glad the government is somewhat trying to help.

Joe Btfsplk

Dog Patch, WVa

#13 Jan 17, 2011
ladyfif wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get what you are getting at here. Of course I do not want my children to starve, I didn't have children until I/we could afford to feed,cloth, house and take care of them all on our own. I just didn't depend on anyone but myself to do for them. I call that being responsible for your actions and I was always responsible for my actions and my children never did starve or ever want for anything they couldn't survive without having, and they didn't get spoiled either.. It is called "plan ahead" and don't put all your chicks in one basket so that if you lose your shirt in the market you have something to fall back on and never need help from someone else at all!

rochester

#15 Jan 17, 2011
Joe Btfsplk wrote:
<quoted text> I don't get what you are getting at here. Of course I do not want my children to starve, I didn't have children until I/we could afford to feed,cloth, house and take care of them all on our own. I just didn't depend on anyone but myself to do for them. I call that being responsible for your actions and I was always responsible for my actions and my children never did starve or ever want for anything they couldn't survive without having, and they didn't get spoiled either.. It is called "plan ahead" and don't put all your chicks in one basket so that if you lose your shirt in the market you have something to fall back on and never need help from someone else at all!
im just saying stop puttin it all on blacks. Many white go bankrupt and get their homes foreclosed and eventually need help to get on their feet.

Joe Btfsplk

Dog Patch, WVa

#16 Jan 17, 2011
ladyfif wrote:
<quoted text> im just saying stop puttin it all on blacks. Many white go bankrupt and get their homes foreclosed and eventually need help to get on their feet.
So prove that statement and show a link to where it states what you are saying!!

I wasn't putting it all on blacks but the majority of them are always included !!

A lot of foreclosures were being done because all the banks and mortgage companies changed the rules for getting a loan. And most of the people wanted a big expensive home but didn't make anywhere's enough to pay the big mortgages on them. The banks got bailed out because BIG BUSINESS controls the government and the media. I was lucky at an early age to be able to afford to NOT have a mortgage on anything I bought so I wouldn't lose it if I didn't have the money to pay for it, At least I have a savings account which hardly any Black family has as they usually live from update to update on their EBT card anyway or they are filthy rich and don't share it with their own race!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Irony.... 16 min TrumpEgo 5
the iescapedny era on Topix is over 24 min TrumpEgo 6
Good Weather for Women's March on DC 27 min TrumpEgo 17
How Funny! The Media Is Going Nuts Over Melania... 30 min Whatever 17
Ughhhh... Is Day Two Over Yet? 1 hr TrumpEgo 2
Where are all the Never Trumpers lately? 1 hr TrumpEgo 29
Massive Women's March Starts at 9:00 AM 1 hr TrumpEgo 23

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance