Carestream announces layoffs here

Carestream announces layoffs here

There are 15 comments on the Democrat & Chronicle story from Jan 30, 2008, titled Carestream announces layoffs here. In it, Democrat & Chronicle reports that:

Carestream Health Inc. is laying off a fraction of the workforce at its West Ridge Road manufacturing facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Democrat & Chronicle.

MrB

United States

#1 Jan 30, 2008
Perfect..
Kodak must have also sold them the "lay-off" management style...
Jim B

United States

#2 Feb 2, 2008
This was part of the deal when Kodak sold off this division. Carestream had to wait before laying off any of the Kodak employees so it wouldn't reflect poorly on Kodak. Let's face it if the former Kodak employees were good at what they do, the division would not have been sold and they would not have been laid off. I guess that would apply to all former Kodak employees.
The man

Rochester, NY

#4 Feb 29, 2008
It has nothing to do with the employees being good at what they do.(1) Top heavy organization (2) Change in healthcare making competition difficult and (3)Outsourcing to China to sell us out.
Allegedly more layoffs in March. Any truth to this?
NolongerwithEK

Rochester, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2008
I heard Carestream handed out buyout pkgs
April 1 '08 to several employees at their former
Kodak office site. Rumor has it the work is going
to Mexico.
Gregg

United States

#6 Apr 18, 2008
Layoffs in equip manufacturing, less than a dozen engineers. Death by a thousand cuts.....
Bill

United States

#7 Apr 19, 2008
I heard there would be a 50% reduction in mfg in may - here it comes again
Gregg wrote:
Layoffs in equip manufacturing, less than a dozen engineers. Death by a thousand cuts.....
Gregg

Rochester, NY

#8 Apr 21, 2008
Onex is starting to hit management. There is no future with carestream unless you work in china and that will likely founder also. In about another 6 months or less they (Onex) will find out just what their investment really bought them. Boo Hoo poor rich canucks blew 2bil plus....
Mel

Hillsborough, NJ

#9 Sep 16, 2008
"The Man" ---> exactly, thank you.
layoffs have nothing to do with if the people are good. you can be the most intelligent women or man in the company and if the hires are above your boss, your screwed. and a boss doesnt know how their people work, they dont care, its all about money and budget.
Abused

United States

#10 Nov 12, 2008
I can tell you the story because I lived it. In the last several years before Kodak sold out it's Health Group to Onix, they abused their employees. Making them work extra hours without pay. (see Luciano vs Kodak class action lawsuit). As a very loyal Kodak employee for many years, giving them all I had, in the last few years I felt the pain of corporate greed. They leveraged employees to make the Health Group look good on paper, at the pain of their workers so that it would look good for a prospective buyer. I could see it comming. I can tell you NO, it's not the workers, it's simply corporate greed. They knew that they could only push us so far, and then sold us off. And now look whats happening.
chc

South Park, PA

#11 May 6, 2009
Jim B wrote:
This was part of the deal when Kodak sold off this division. Carestream had to wait before laying off any of the Kodak employees so it wouldn't reflect poorly on Kodak. Let's face it if the former Kodak employees were good at what they do, the division would not have been sold and they would not have been laid off. I guess that would apply to all former Kodak employees.
Jim B must still be hanging on. That was the only business still making money and able to keep Kodak from going under. Ship still taking on lots of water
Joe Black

Orangeville, Canada

#12 Oct 15, 2009
More layoffs this year due to outsourcing IT functions to SUN Microsystems. We will probably never know how that works out for them but don't imagine they will be able to keep their IT costs under control.
BKE55

White House, TN

#13 Oct 18, 2009
WENT THRU ALL THE TRANSISTIONS - 3M, THEN SPUN OFF TO IMATION, THEN SOLD TO KODAK, THEN SOLD TO ONIX TO BECOME CARESTREAM. A YEAR AFTER WE WERE WITH KODAK, I KNEW WE WERE IN TROUBLE. THE KODAK CULTURE TOOK OVER. ALL THE COMMON SENSE GOALS WERE REPLACED WITH "PHANTOM GOOD ON PAPER" GOALS. THEY MADE NO SENSE. IN 2008, AFTER 35 YEARS OF CUMULATIVE SERVICE, THEY LET ME GO. I WAS SO HAPPY TO BE LAID OFF, I HATED THE CORPORATE CULTURE OF KODAK, PASSED ONTO CARESTREAM. YES....AS BAD AS THE ECONOMY IS, I WAS GLAD TO BE LET GO. KODAK MADE CARESTREAM HONOR A GREAT SEPARATION PACKAGE. EVERYONE WAS HOPING TO GET THAT PACKAGE. IT WAS EASY TO GET IT, I JUST DID THE JOB THE PROPER WAY, SURE ENOUGH, I WAS LAID OFF. ALL THE PEOPLE STILL WITH CARESTRAM HATE IT THERE. THEY ALL ENVY ME, THE GUY WHO WAS LET GO. NOW CARESTREAM HAS REDUCED THE SEPARATION PACKAGE AS THE AGREED TIME FRAME WITH KODAK FOR THE GOOD PACKAGE HAS RUN OUT. I FEEL SORRY FOR THE WORKERS STILL THERE. THEY ARE TREATED LIKE DIRT, CHISELED OUT OF COMPENSATION EVERY CHANCE THE COMPANY GETS, AND THEY ARE ALL AFRAID TO ASSERT THEIR RIGHTS BECAUSE OF THE ECONOMY. WHAT A SHAME. WHAT A DEBACLE THE COMPANY HAS BECOME.
concerned

Culloden, WV

#14 Oct 26, 2009
What position did you hold most recently? I've interviewed for an outside sales rep position with Kodak. Should I entertain an offer? Why/why not?
johnny

Logansport, IN

#15 Nov 2, 2009
Jim B wrote:
Yeah Jim B. if your such a rocket scientist let us know if your still working today! A "superior" employee like you can't possibly lose a job right?
Dave

Rochester, NY

#16 Feb 12, 2010
The rumors have started again, Carestream going to have a big layoff, MFG department of corse. They can"t hit the people that make the big money it's always the little people that do all the work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Liberal Democrats Getting So Nervous Ab... 6 hr Ha hA 62
Make America Strong and Safe Again! 11 hr ha hA 74
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 12 hr Slammed 636
Greece cops arrest lady for taking video of an ... Jun 27 HA HA 11
Agitators Jun 26 Ha Ha 62
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) Jun 26 just joe 97
Major Assult Weapons Bust in Henrietta Jun 26 Bruce TransJenner 19

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance