Retailers vow not to sell Rolling Sto...

Retailers vow not to sell Rolling Stone issue of Boston bomber on cover

Posted in the Rochester Forum

BRIAN GRIFFIN

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 19, 2013
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/18/retailer...

Local TV news, National TV news, Cable TV News, and Newspapers can have the bombers picture up front and center and repeatedly show it over and over even for weeks, but magazines are NOT allowed to make money doing the same thing.

I think books and movies can be made of him to, if they wait awhile till everyone is over it. BUT NO MAGAZINES!!!

Ha Ha

Iraq

#2 Jul 19, 2013
Hypicritical of them ...

Years down the road, I wouldn't be surprized to find out he was set up.

I hear that they actually found out who killed Nicole simpson & her boyfriend. A serial killer confessed to it.
FlatScreen

Rochester, NY

#3 Jul 20, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Hypicritical of them ...
I hear that they actually found out who killed Nicole simpson & her boyfriend. A serial killer confessed to it.
Boston Marathon attack was a terrible event, but removing magazines with a photo of the alleged bomber is a feel good ploy - and accomplishes nothing. Europeans think we're idiots - always reacting with touchy feely stuff after the fact. And guaranteed, we always do - with CNN and FOX leading the charge to incite us.
Zombie nation

Honeoye Falls, NY

#4 Jul 20, 2013
Nothing sells better than a banned item.....biggest sales month for RS in decades. But lets go a step further: hey RS, show a little respect and print an article without the rock star looking photos of the Misled One on the cover.....

Whoops. Forget::$$$$$$$$ this ain't about freedom of speech

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#5 Jul 20, 2013
I agree with you both Ha Ha and flatscreen
The man

United States

#6 Jul 20, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Hypicritical of them ...
Sure pal.
The man

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2013
I'll check at Barnes & Noble.
Peter

Rochester, NY

#8 Jul 20, 2013
If distribution will be significantly limited, it will be a collector's issue... sold for huge bucks on eBay in 5 years. I'm selling off my portfolio and buying up as many as I can.

Dude, I'll be freakin' rich and have my own Topix - where only my opinions count. Everybody that disagrees with me will be banned, and shunned. All because I had the foresight to buy lots of Rolling Stones.
Ha Ha

Iraq

#9 Jul 20, 2013
Peter wrote:
If distribution will be significantly limited, it will be a collector's issue... sold for huge bucks on eBay in 5 years. I'm selling off my portfolio and buying up as many as I can.
Dude, I'll be freakin' rich and have my own Topix - where only my opinions count. Everybody that disagrees with me will be banned, and shunned. All because I had the foresight to buy lots of Rolling Stones.
In other words, you'll be Fox News?
Ha Ha

Iraq

#10 Jul 20, 2013
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure pal.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/serial-killer-oj-sim...

it's on the internet ... it MUST BE TRUE!!!
Peter

Rochester, NY

#11 Jul 20, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you'll be Fox News?
Exactly. Just hotties, no guys. Whenever I have an opinion, they will all fawn all over me, and tell me how I totally nailed it.

I will feel like how Rhonda does now. Deep understanding of the issues, always right and self righteous.
beer farts

Ashburn, VA

#12 Jul 21, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
Hypicritical of them ...
dumb arse a serial killer wanting attention.. and he wore ojs clothes so it would look like he did it. get out of your moms house haha. live in the real world
Darlene

Rochester, NY

#13 Jul 21, 2013
beer farts wrote:
<quoted text>dumb arse a serial killer wanting attention.. and he wore ojs clothes so it would look like he did it. get out of your moms house haha. live in the real world
He's kind of hot. That pouty face get me all tingly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA RATED 5th BEST PRESIDENT IN OUR HISTORY! 3 hr IescapedNY 25
South Wedge, I Don't Necessarily Dislike You! 4 hr Ha Ha 4
California wants to Sucede from US 5 hr Ha Ha 17
Started Christmas shopping today 8 hr IescapedNY 23
Trump Putting Together A Great Cabinet! 9 hr IescapedNY 20
Started Hanukkah shopping today 9 hr Moshe 5
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) 14 hr amwaysux 30

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages