Who is Tyquan Rivera, shooting suspect

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

News 10NBC has learned this is not the first run-in with the law for the 14-year-old boy, Tyquan Rivera, accused of shooting a Rochester Police officer.
Comments
201 - 220 of 233 Comments Last updated Mar 24, 2013

“Blah! Blah! Blah! ”

Since: Feb 09

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2009

Let's get real...all of you that complain so much about paying taxes and the government using them for social services (social services include; welfare, daycare (for working families), child protective services, homeless shelters, etc) then why are you living in the United States. Not all your taxes go to people that are on welfare. There's other services too. And if you can't stand it then move to another country that doesn't have taxes at all. Simple as that. Taxes are part of the reality of living in the United States and if you can't stand it then leave. Plenty of countries in the world that doesn't have taxes, move on then.
13suks, I agree with you of some of your comments but the problem is that you are being childish and unrealistic. If you want people to take your comments seriously do so in a proper manner. Use proper grammar and spelling for a start. Don't attack people. Be more mature than them.
concerned

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

are you people who bash RPD crazy?????????? no matter what someone does--good or bad---they dont deserve a bullet in the head. are you people crazy?? if you all hate the RPD how about if we put a fence around the city, remove the police and send them somewhere where they will be appreciated, and then send the garbage trucks to pull the bodies from the city once a week........and then lock the fence again
Greece Teen

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2009

Judged:

hes gonna go free or mebbe to juvi center for a bit but tha's all
Rosa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

Judged:

Totally agree with Knoxcop!
RPDSuks

Albion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2009

Judged:

concerned wrote:
are you people who bash RPD crazy?????????? no matter what someone does--good or bad---they dont deserve a bullet in the head. are you people crazy?? if you all hate the RPD how about if we put a fence around the city, remove the police and send them somewhere where they will be appreciated, and then send the garbage trucks to pull the bodies from the city once a week........and then lock the fence again
Thats a great idea, please take the RPD out of the City. We don't mind the Sheriff and the Troopers. But the way this year has been going you in the burbs will need the body bags, as there has only been 2 killing in the City, to your 6 or 7 in the suburbs.
Steve

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2009

RPDSuks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a great idea, please take the RPD out of the City. We don't mind the Sheriff and the Troopers. But the way this year has been going you in the burbs will need the body bags, as there has only been 2 killing in the City, to your 6 or 7 in the suburbs.
It's only February... don't worry, you will reach 40 or 50. And oh by the way... Since the "burbs" to you reach all the way out to Dansville, I would have to say that the "burbs" may content with the city. No shi*t, there are more people in the "burbs" if you count the homicides in Dansville, Holley, Honeyoye Falls. I get it... there is gonna be crime in the "burbs." No one denies that. But where does the "burbs" of Rochester end? If there is a murder in Batavia, is that Rochester's burb??? Livonia??? Victor??? There are more people living in Greece, Gates, Henrietta, Hilton, Irondequoit, Fairport, Penfield, Webster combined than the city. Statistically the "burbs" should out murder the city. But it never happens and won't happen this time. It will though if you keep saying that Geneva murders count as a "burb" of Rochester. Hell... next time there is a murder in Clay ("burb" of Syracuse) you will probably claim that its a Rochester "burb." Just remember.... any zip code with ther 1st 3 digits starting 146 is a "Rochester" address. No one writes down Greece, NY Henrietta, NY Gates NY.
curly

Henrietta, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

Allen wrote:
Here is yet another situation of a Youth doing something horrendous!
In this case he should be Tried as an Adult, but when convicted, he goes to a Juvenile facility until he turns 18, then to the Big House State Prison just like Eric Smith Did in the Murder of Derrick Robie. But then unlike today, We have Pennys Law where the sentencing can be much longer and tack on up to 15 more years.
Pennys Law came about after the 1999 murder and rape of Penny Brown on Mothers Day by a 15 year old.
""Penny's Law" changes the sentencing range for juvenile murderers from 5-9 years to life, to a far more appropriate 15-25 years to life.
"
I agree with you Allen Eric has come up for parole every 2 years and every 2 years he's denied because they feel he's a threat to society when they say 9 years to life it doesn't mean a get out of jail free card I look at it this way you do the crime you do the time.
iam666

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

Let him burn
Greece Teen

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2009

his lawyer sez hes not the shooter and can prove it

we'll see about that
Jerry

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2009

Greece Teen wrote:
his lawyer sez hes not the shooter and can prove it
we'll see about that
Innocent til proven guilty right? If he is not the shooter, then he let him prove it.
ghettobraggingri ghts

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2009

Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent til proven guilty right? If he is not the shooter, then he let him prove it.
Black on white crime: the most valuable protest there is.

NBFSN
sick of ignorance

Webster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

Simply put, just read all of this as the case is opened for discussion this morning. It seems crazy that most would think that situations would happen differently if they themselves stepped out of their small cubicles and dealt with it. If more people only had that attitude about raising their children. Saying this child is a product of a harsh invironment are made only by those living in suburbs their whole lives, or those guilty of similar or lesser charges. Being one grown in the inner city, but much more afraid of my mothers disapproval than my friends, I myself have the opinion that the guilty should be charged no matter what intent, what color, what age, or upbringing. If the officer shot were your brother, your father, your mother, or son, would you feel the same about the outcome?
saltinecracker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

If it was a white kid and a black cop, the public would be in such an up roar.
Greece Teen

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

hes a product of himself - nobody to blame but himself
oreo cookie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

saltinecracker wrote:
If it was a white kid and a black cop, the public would be in such an up roar.
plllleeease! are you ill??? do you not see how the media is enamored by people of color?(see, barack obama) gimme a friggin break
oreo cookie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

ghettobraggingrights wrote:
<quoted text>
Black on white crime: the most valuable protest there is.
NBFSN
you should be removed from the face of the earth. you are an embarassment to your people.
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

oreo cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be removed from the face of the earth. you are an embarassment to your people.
Embarrassment to whom? White people, because anyone with a brain knows that poster isn't Black.
Ms Rochester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2009

If the cops slapped around a mouthy city kid, then LET IT BE KNOWN!! If he is found guilty, then I am fine with it, I just want to know who thinks it is okay for a cop that is paid a salary to deal with difficult people to slap around a child!!!!
ghettobraggingri ghts

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

White cops have no business in black neighborhoods. We will not respect them. They are not the law. They protect the values of a system that is geared toward The Black Man's destruction.

NBFSN
ghettobraggingri ghts

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

Black on white crime will end when adequate restitution is made for slavery.

NBFSN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Rochester Forum right now

Search the Rochester Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuomo and the 'Two Rochesters' 8 min Taxation without represen 7
64 Riots, Black Fail At It's Best... 10 min Sam 3
Scanner Going Ape 2 hr Zoo Keeper 2
To Darlene 4 hr Zoo Keeper 3
Poor White Suburbans Get Free Lunches 6 hr Schwarze is Kacke 3
Bob Duffy will return to Rochester 7 hr Diamond Daisy 10
Mayor Lovely Warren end this tax Us 7 hr Diamond Daisy 14
•••
•••