Who is Tyquan Rivera, shooting suspect

Who is Tyquan Rivera, shooting suspect

There are 233 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Feb 3, 2009, titled Who is Tyquan Rivera, shooting suspect. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

News 10NBC has learned this is not the first run-in with the law for the 14-year-old boy, Tyquan Rivera, accused of shooting a Rochester Police officer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

“Blah! Blah! Blah! ”

Since: Feb 09

Rochester, NY

#205 Feb 13, 2009
Let's get real...all of you that complain so much about paying taxes and the government using them for social services (social services include; welfare, daycare (for working families), child protective services, homeless shelters, etc) then why are you living in the United States. Not all your taxes go to people that are on welfare. There's other services too. And if you can't stand it then move to another country that doesn't have taxes at all. Simple as that. Taxes are part of the reality of living in the United States and if you can't stand it then leave. Plenty of countries in the world that doesn't have taxes, move on then.
13suks, I agree with you of some of your comments but the problem is that you are being childish and unrealistic. If you want people to take your comments seriously do so in a proper manner. Use proper grammar and spelling for a start. Don't attack people. Be more mature than them.
concerned

Rochester, NY

#207 Feb 17, 2009
are you people who bash RPD crazy?????????? no matter what someone does--good or bad---they dont deserve a bullet in the head. are you people crazy?? if you all hate the RPD how about if we put a fence around the city, remove the police and send them somewhere where they will be appreciated, and then send the garbage trucks to pull the bodies from the city once a week........and then lock the fence again
Greece Teen

United States

#209 Feb 24, 2009
hes gonna go free or mebbe to juvi center for a bit but tha's all
Rosa

Caledonia, NY

#210 Feb 25, 2009
Totally agree with Knoxcop!
RPDSuks

Batavia, NY

#211 Feb 25, 2009
concerned wrote:
are you people who bash RPD crazy?????????? no matter what someone does--good or bad---they dont deserve a bullet in the head. are you people crazy?? if you all hate the RPD how about if we put a fence around the city, remove the police and send them somewhere where they will be appreciated, and then send the garbage trucks to pull the bodies from the city once a week........and then lock the fence again
Thats a great idea, please take the RPD out of the City. We don't mind the Sheriff and the Troopers. But the way this year has been going you in the burbs will need the body bags, as there has only been 2 killing in the City, to your 6 or 7 in the suburbs.
Steve

Cleveland, OH

#213 Feb 26, 2009
RPDSuks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a great idea, please take the RPD out of the City. We don't mind the Sheriff and the Troopers. But the way this year has been going you in the burbs will need the body bags, as there has only been 2 killing in the City, to your 6 or 7 in the suburbs.
It's only February... don't worry, you will reach 40 or 50. And oh by the way... Since the "burbs" to you reach all the way out to Dansville, I would have to say that the "burbs" may content with the city. No shi*t, there are more people in the "burbs" if you count the homicides in Dansville, Holley, Honeyoye Falls. I get it... there is gonna be crime in the "burbs." No one denies that. But where does the "burbs" of Rochester end? If there is a murder in Batavia, is that Rochester's burb??? Livonia??? Victor??? There are more people living in Greece, Gates, Henrietta, Hilton, Irondequoit, Fairport, Penfield, Webster combined than the city. Statistically the "burbs" should out murder the city. But it never happens and won't happen this time. It will though if you keep saying that Geneva murders count as a "burb" of Rochester. Hell... next time there is a murder in Clay ("burb" of Syracuse) you will probably claim that its a Rochester "burb." Just remember.... any zip code with ther 1st 3 digits starting 146 is a "Rochester" address. No one writes down Greece, NY Henrietta, NY Gates NY.
curly

Rochester, NY

#214 Feb 28, 2009
Allen wrote:
Here is yet another situation of a Youth doing something horrendous!
In this case he should be Tried as an Adult, but when convicted, he goes to a Juvenile facility until he turns 18, then to the Big House State Prison just like Eric Smith Did in the Murder of Derrick Robie. But then unlike today, We have Pennys Law where the sentencing can be much longer and tack on up to 15 more years.
Pennys Law came about after the 1999 murder and rape of Penny Brown on Mothers Day by a 15 year old.
""Penny's Law" changes the sentencing range for juvenile murderers from 5-9 years to life, to a far more appropriate 15-25 years to life.
"
I agree with you Allen Eric has come up for parole every 2 years and every 2 years he's denied because they feel he's a threat to society when they say 9 years to life it doesn't mean a get out of jail free card I look at it this way you do the crime you do the time.
iam666

Rochester, NY

#215 Aug 25, 2009
Let him burn
Greece Teen

United States

#216 Aug 25, 2009
his lawyer sez hes not the shooter and can prove it

we'll see about that
Jerry

United States

#217 Aug 27, 2009
Greece Teen wrote:
his lawyer sez hes not the shooter and can prove it
we'll see about that
Innocent til proven guilty right? If he is not the shooter, then he let him prove it.
ghettobraggingri ghts

North Chili, NY

#218 Aug 29, 2009
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent til proven guilty right? If he is not the shooter, then he let him prove it.
Black on white crime: the most valuable protest there is.

NBFSN
sick of ignorance

Webster, NY

#219 Aug 31, 2009
Simply put, just read all of this as the case is opened for discussion this morning. It seems crazy that most would think that situations would happen differently if they themselves stepped out of their small cubicles and dealt with it. If more people only had that attitude about raising their children. Saying this child is a product of a harsh invironment are made only by those living in suburbs their whole lives, or those guilty of similar or lesser charges. Being one grown in the inner city, but much more afraid of my mothers disapproval than my friends, I myself have the opinion that the guilty should be charged no matter what intent, what color, what age, or upbringing. If the officer shot were your brother, your father, your mother, or son, would you feel the same about the outcome?
saltinecracker

Rochester, NY

#220 Aug 31, 2009
If it was a white kid and a black cop, the public would be in such an up roar.
Greece Teen

United States

#221 Aug 31, 2009
hes a product of himself - nobody to blame but himself
oreo cookie

Islip Terrace, NY

#222 Aug 31, 2009
saltinecracker wrote:
If it was a white kid and a black cop, the public would be in such an up roar.
plllleeease! are you ill??? do you not see how the media is enamored by people of color?(see, barack obama) gimme a friggin break
oreo cookie

Islip Terrace, NY

#223 Aug 31, 2009
ghettobraggingrights wrote:
<quoted text>
Black on white crime: the most valuable protest there is.
NBFSN
you should be removed from the face of the earth. you are an embarassment to your people.
Ms Rochester

Covina, CA

#224 Aug 31, 2009
oreo cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be removed from the face of the earth. you are an embarassment to your people.
Embarrassment to whom? White people, because anyone with a brain knows that poster isn't Black.
Ms Rochester

Covina, CA

#225 Aug 31, 2009
If the cops slapped around a mouthy city kid, then LET IT BE KNOWN!! If he is found guilty, then I am fine with it, I just want to know who thinks it is okay for a cop that is paid a salary to deal with difficult people to slap around a child!!!!
ghettobraggingri ghts

North Chili, NY

#226 Sep 1, 2009
White cops have no business in black neighborhoods. We will not respect them. They are not the law. They protect the values of a system that is geared toward The Black Man's destruction.

NBFSN
ghettobraggingri ghts

North Chili, NY

#227 Sep 1, 2009
Black on white crime will end when adequate restitution is made for slavery.

NBFSN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's with these black women and their giganti... 16 min Jamie 13
Presidential Debate - What to Watch For 5 hr Ten Four 9
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 8 hr The Other Guys 740
Filling seats at the first presidential debate 12 hr Ha Ha 10
i hope the Bills lose today so they can fire Re... 12 hr Moshe 14
When I die, I'm gonna move to Colorado 15 hr Ha Ha 1
News Major Transformation Coming to Greater Rocheste... Sun Guantanamo Bay Fan 16

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages