I Guess They Didn' Get The Dumb Letter From The RPD Chief

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Grady Stiles

United States

#1 Mar 24, 2013
The Rochester Zoo is investigating a shooting on the jungle's west side that left one primate in the hospital.

Zookeepers say the primate was shot multiple times on Depew Street, off of Chili Avenue, just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.

News10NBC is told it was taken to Strong Bullet Repair Clinic and is in surgery.

Zookeepers say they do not have any animals in custody and the investigation is still in process.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
The Rochester Zoo is investigating a shooting on the jungle's west side that left one primate in the hospital.
Zookeepers say the primate was shot multiple times on Depew Street, off of Chili Avenue, just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday.
News10NBC is told it was taken to Strong Bullet Repair Clinic and is in surgery.
Zookeepers say they do not have any animals in custody and the investigation is still in process.
"News10NBC is told it was taken to Strong Bullet Repair Clinic and is in surgery."

At what cost and who pay's?
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#4 Mar 24, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
"News10NBC is told it was taken to Strong Bullet Repair Clinic and is in surgery."
At what cost and who pay's?
I wonder if any trauma surgeon at Strong would treat the uninsured patient?

Oh, forgot, they have to treat the patient by state law, and we all pay. Well, that's seems fair.
yep

Rochester, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2013
And of course the liberal media forgets to say the suspooks are two black males driving a black 02 Impala. 10NBC wouldn't want Janet Lomax to get offended.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#7 Mar 24, 2013
yep wrote:
10NBC wouldn't want Janet Lomax to get offended.
Janet Lomax offends me every time she reads the cutesy news, and offers her breathy, stupid, babbling and insipid commentary.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#8 Mar 24, 2013
On average every single shooting victim coast Chicago tax payers (people who work)$55,000.00 per piece of ghetto trash

Has to cost way more in NY.

Like Rhonda says, most people who get shot get shot for a reason.

What do these animals care when they know everything is free.

Pay in advance, no money no bullet repair clinic.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#9 Mar 24, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
On average every single shooting victim coast Chicago tax payers (people who work)$55,000.00 per piece of ghetto trash
Has to cost way more in NY.
Like Rhonda says, most people who get shot get shot for a reason.
What do these animals care when they know everything is free.
Pay in advance, no money no bullet repair clinic.
Unfortunately, NY state law requires every ED and trauma center to treat anyone that walks in the door, from colds to bullet wounds. Non covered must be afforded the same care as insured patients.

Strong can (and does) bill the patient that received surgery and intensive care follow-up, but the hospital knows they will never see a penny. It becomes a huge write-off.

The ED at Strong (and I'm sure other hospitals) have highly skilled (and paid) ED docs treating colds, coughs and other minor aliments -- that a primary care doc should be seeing. The visit costs about eight times as much, but money is no object when you're sniffling at 11:00 pm, have no insurance and need care.

The non-paying time waster slugs even complain about their wait time. Many of them, seriously, have a shopping list of Schedule A drugs they want prescribed.
Grady Stiles

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2013
Cost to repair bullet holes in a primate:$55,000.

DOA at the Strong Bullet Repair Clinic: Priceless.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#12 Mar 24, 2013
BillyBob wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if any trauma surgeon at Strong would treat the uninsured patient?
Oh, forgot, they have to treat the patient by state law, and we all pay. Well, that's seems fair.
Imagine how many less crimes would be commited if the hospitals didn't have to help a wounded gang banger with no insurance.
BillyBob

Penfield, NY

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine how many less crimes would be commited if the hospitals didn't have to help a wounded gang banger with no insurance.
I suggested that the Strong ED should perform bare minimum service, if people come in seeking drugs, give them aspirin (but Rx it to increase the price). The word would get out to avoid Strong, no drugs, no people shopping for them -- wasting valuable ED time.

It was rejected.
StankyCityPeople AreBlack

Holden, MA

#16 Mar 26, 2013
Are there any zoo residents that were witnesses? Or is there a no snitch policy in effect. The eyez aints sees nuffin policy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Great PigPen Debate 56 min walt disney pigpen 66
Mayor demands answers on Castro firing 1 hr walt disney pigpen 14
Mark Assini: The man to defeat Slaughter 1 hr A Gates Resident 3
Al Sharptoon 3 hr Truth hurts liberals 1
White Woman Arrest For Running a Stolen Cow Ring 8 hr Country Boy 2
Why does Rich Funke Go to Canada? 11 hr DitulliosMojo 0
Wease and k and b 12 hr slammer 14
Rochester Dating
Find my Match

Rochester Jobs

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]