2 firefighters shot dead, 2 wounded i...

2 firefighters shot dead, 2 wounded in apparent trap in NY

There are 57 comments on the KSAT-TV San Antonio story from Dec 24, 2012, titled 2 firefighters shot dead, 2 wounded in apparent trap in NY. In it, KSAT-TV San Antonio reports that:

Four firefighters were shot, two fatally, while responding to a fire in upstate New York on Monday, and investigators believe the suspect had deliberately set a trap to lure them to the scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSAT-TV San Antonio.

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#22 Dec 25, 2012
Still wrote:
<quoted text>
too easy to get the guns. You are part of the problem - enabler.
So how do you propose to fix it? Make yet another law that serves nothing more than to make it so the millions of legal current gun owners can't protect themselves?

Just looking for the troll perspective.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#23 Dec 25, 2012
Still wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still here? Changing your name over and over does not make it look like more people believe like you. You are a loser who just can't stand being alone. For you to blame law abiding citizens for crimes committed by criminals is just idiotic and mentally deranged.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#24 Dec 25, 2012
duzitreallymatter wrote:
<quoted text>So how do you propose to fix it? Make yet another law that serves nothing more than to make it so the millions of legal current gun owners can't protect themselves?
Just looking for the troll perspective.
He loves to "enable" the criminals have a safe work environment.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#25 Dec 25, 2012
Still wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all part of the problems that exist in society today!!

Since: Nov 11

Salt Lake City, UT

#26 Dec 25, 2012
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Are you still here? Changing your name over and over does not make it look like more people believe like you. You are a loser who just can't stand being alone. For you to blame law abiding citizens for crimes committed by criminals is just idiotic and mentally deranged.
Sure glad it is a frequent flyer with the name changes. It would be sad if any one city have that many dain bramaged individuals per capita.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#27 Dec 25, 2012
ABC is reporting that there were 3 firearms involved. A Bushmaster rifle, a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver & a "Mossman" (probably Mossberg) shotgun. Spengler was a convicted felon who was not allowed to have a gun in the first place. New York has a very restrictive handgun possession law so you need a permit to even own a handgun legally. Rifles and shotguns can be owned by non felons but magazines exceeding 10 rounds are not legal in New York. Sadly this will only serve to limit the Rights of law abiding citizens if new laws are passed restricting guns. The fact that the guy committing the crime could not legally own a gun will not matter to the ones passing the laws.
TexasTea

San Antonio, TX

#28 Dec 25, 2012
The Dude Abides wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if these AR-15 type military assault weapons werent made available to the public, we'd be better off.
I'm not against shotguns or regular hunting rifles and certain handguns. But we dont need military grade stuff available to the public, regardless how "law abidding they are/were".
I have thus abided
This guy is said to have used a Bushmaster,(AR-15), to kill the two fireman. Immediately the anti-gun people want to ban firearms. But take a look at this guy,

He had a criminal history. The worst of which, he killed his 90 year old mother with a hammer,(not an AR-15). He was sent to prison, which should have been for life, but was paroled after serving only 17 years.

The criminal justice system had a man, who used a hammer to kill his own 90 year mother, in prison and let him go. He then is a convicted felon who got a hold of a firearm, even after being convicted of murder with a 'hammer'. Now why would I want a weapon-maybe to defend myself against someone who should have never been allowed back into society? Maybe to protect myself from a convicted murderer who graduated from using a hammer to using a firearm?

If the state is not going to take care of protecting me from this kinds of criminals, then don't take away my ability to protect myself?

The Reagan/Brady shooter, nut job. The Gifford shooter, nut job. The Colorado theater shooter, nut job. The Newtown school shooter, nut job. This fireman shooter, nut job. All of these nut jobs were know to have psychological problems, or criminal records.

So, just blame it on the inanimate object, the guns used, but not on the nut job/criminals? Or what about blaming the mental health and criminal justice systems that failed them and us?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#29 Dec 25, 2012
Plus he is white and when he was sentenced for killing grannie with a hammer the white justice system gave him a deal so he could get charged with a lessor crime and get out of jail a lot sooner.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#30 Dec 25, 2012
morality wrote:
Plus he is white and when he was sentenced for killing grannie with a hammer the white justice system gave him a deal so he could get charged with a lessor crime and get out of jail a lot sooner.
Di you want to tell us about the time you spent on the plantation ?
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#31 Dec 25, 2012
The problem is not guns,it is the devalueing of human life.This all really started when RoevWade was passed.If one says that an unborn baby has no value and is just a piece of meat that can be destroyed and thrown away,then what do you expect to happen.People are beginning to place no value on any human life.Some people will get more worked up over animal rights than over the rights of an unborn child.
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

#32 Dec 25, 2012
morality wrote:
Yeah,why did he only spend 17 years in the pen.
Truth

Rochester, NY

#33 Dec 25, 2012
PointingFingers wrote:
How come the whites fight for the right to focus on Arabs at Airport screening, they fight for the right to stop and search blacks in the inner-city,
YET they don't even think about focusing more on whites while screening them when they are buying guns????????
Riiiiight, cause this guy bought his guns legally. Riiiiiight.

Location hidden

#34 Dec 25, 2012
watsamattau wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,why did he only spend 17 years in the pen.
I don't know what you are asking?

He was offered and took a plea deal.
He plead to a less charge and faced a lighter sentence.
He was not given the maximum even for the lessor charge.

Read the old news papers on the D&C, and it will tell you that.

And search as long as you want to try to find a black man that killed someone by beating them with a hammer to the head and see if they got a deal to plea to a lessor charge and do a lighter sentence.

I don't know if the DA and Judge back then was Democrat or Republican, but I'd be willing to bet my a years salary that they were white just like him.

Location hidden

#35 Dec 25, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Di you want to tell us about the time you spent on the plantation ?
Is dat where dey sings all dem purty songs 'bout growin' cotton & ole massa?? I put many years in working for the system in NY & know people who knew Spengler. We talked about it today & they remember him as a real piece of work.

Location hidden

#36 Dec 25, 2012
watsamattau wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,why did he only spend 17 years in the pen.
He got 8&1/3 to 25 and did just over 2/3 of the max sentence. Manslaughter was the charge for beating his grandmother to death.

Location hidden

#37 Dec 25, 2012
Have Seen It Before wrote:
<quoted text>He got 8&1/3 to 25 and did just over 2/3 of the max sentence. Manslaughter was the charge for beating his grandmother to death.
He plead to a lessor charge then he was charged with, so he would have faced a longer sentence then 8&1/3 to 25.
But they gave him a deal, and then didn't even make him do the max of the lighter sentence.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#38 Dec 25, 2012
morality wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if the DA and Judge back then was Democrat or Republican, but I'd be willing to bet my a years salary that they were white just like him.
Of course he was white, Crotchety. How many black D.A.s could there possibly have been in 1981? It was either Lawrence Kurlander or Don Chesworth that was in office when he was arrested depending on the exact dates.
http://rocwiki.org/Monroe_County_District_Att...

You're welcome in advance for me doing the research for ya. ;)~

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#39 Dec 25, 2012
morality wrote:
Where Is My America??
Maybe that is it???
You whites have always thought as America as YOURS,
and now that time seems to be fading away, and it is making you whites CRAZY that America is no longer yours?????
America is ours, pinhead. Just because a half white is in the white house it's no reason to think that you won't be scrubbing out those garbage cans after you're done bussing tables, boy.
Lie Detector

Rochester, NY

#40 Dec 25, 2012
As involved citizens we are supposed to know how this Gov't runs and be prepared to re-instate a regulated replacement . Tyranny is real .

You cannot force a Tyrannical Government out with sticks and stones or harsh words !

We must have the weapons of the day to defend our country from All ENEMIES , Foreign and DOMESTIC .

We are a morally bankrupt society . A well played conditioning has been implemented against us , our parent's our Kids and Now even our Un-Born .

We are economically bankrupt . The house is made of cards . the only IDIOTS that can't see it are the one's who ENJOY their ENSLAVEMENT and Comment like PARROTS .... Mindless Zombies !!!!!!

Merry Christmas
The BushMaster

Rochester, NY

#41 Dec 25, 2012
Have Seen It Before wrote:
ABC is reporting that there were 3 firearms involved. A Bushmaster rifle, a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver & a "Mossman" (probably Mossberg) shotgun. Spengler was a convicted felon who was not allowed to have a gun in the first place. New York has a very restrictive handgun possession law so you need a permit to even own a handgun legally. Rifles and shotguns can be owned by non felons but magazines exceeding 10 rounds are not legal in New York. Sadly this will only serve to limit the Rights of law abiding citizens if new laws are passed restricting guns. The fact that the guy committing the crime could not legally own a gun will not matter to the ones passing the laws.
white people do not believe in following the laws which keep us safe. they think they are so privileged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Lies Don't Matter 1 hr Andy Griffiths 2
The Perfect Ticket: Trump-Carson! 1 hr Big Trump Supporter 2
Drop a word Add a word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr PeanutButtercup 21
News Two Men Shot Outside Rochester Bar 2 hr Abc 3
News CrimeStoppers has $10,000 reward in Boys & Girl... 8 hr the wedge 54
Crime in the White Burbs Seems on the Rise, but... 8 hr Nickbos Friend 1
10WHEC Can't Figure out wich way to spell a dea... 11 hr Thomas Johnson III 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages