Thieves steal brass railings from county building

The historic Monroe County Office Building in downtown Rochester is the center of county government, the hub of political power, and now a target for brazen metal thieves. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 3, 2010
I guess you can say they realy have brass balls! Sorry for the pun,couldn't help myself.
Wally58

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 3, 2010
One more reason why we can't have anything nice around here.

Rochester, NY

#4 Dec 3, 2010
TYPO: "realy" wasn't suppose to be there and also misspelled,sorry about that.Guess that I can't do 3 things at the same time.
Copper Monkeys

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2010
semper fi wrote:
Wow, what's next......the Liberty Pole???????? Goes to show just how safe downtown is at night!!!!!!!! All the "TROGLODITES" come out after dark.
this is ridiculous. The scrap dealers should be arrested - they know who the clowns ripping this stuff off are. What's going to disappear next? The Mercury statue on top of the building downtown? Ransacked churches? I'm surprised the iron gates surrounding frontier field haven't been stolen yet. Downtown has become District 9.
Barney Fife on 315 Patrol

United States

#6 Dec 3, 2010
The Wayne County Sheriffs are a bunch of bumbling bozos. From the D&C:

The county has recovered pieces of the first four stolen railings from a scrap metal dealer in Macedon, Wayne County.

Smeenk said a county facilities worker tracked them down by calling metal dealers in the area the day they were discovered to be gone. The worker visited the dealer with a sheriff’s deputy that afternoon and, while there, a man who had dropped off a shipment of the railings earlier in the day had returned to make another delivery, Smeenk said.

“He saw the sheriff’s car and he took off,” Smeenk said, adding that the man was not apprehended at the scene.

It was unclear whether the man was attempting to sell more of the pilfered county railings or whether the sheriff’s deputy pursued the man. A phone call to a sheriff’s spokesman late in the day was not immediately returned.

Since: Jun 10

Rochester, NY

#7 Dec 3, 2010
This time I blame the PD. They get paid to monitor things of this nature. I have a few questions for them.

Where are they at night, while these crimes are being commited?

Do they or do they not get paid to patrol the whole entire city of Rottenchester?

Are those donut and coffee breaks that damn important, whereas they cannot get their act together on this subject matter?

Their job is to protect and to serve. It says so on their squad vehicles. I guess they slipped up on the protection part.

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 3, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
This time I blame the PD. They get paid to monitor things of this nature. I have a few questions for them.
Do they or do they not get paid to patrol the whole entire city of Rottenchester?
Are those donut and coffee breaks that damn important, whereas they cannot get their act together on this subject matter?
Their job is to protect and to serve. It says so on their squad vehicles. I guess they slipped up on the protection part.
They must have been over at Rhonda's house grtting a little.You have to admit it takes some brass stones to pull this off downtown and to a county building to boot.
Sue Premist

United States

#9 Dec 3, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
Cant the RPD get surveillance video of the blacks that did this????

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Dec 3, 2010
the j i g g e r s will steal anything they can get their grubby little paws on.They stole the damn chain off my dog because it was shiney!
Scorpio4U n noobs sukdix

Rochester, NY

#11 Dec 3, 2010
Sue Premist wrote:
<quoted text>Cant the RPD get surveillance video of the blacks that did this????
Macedon.....Wayne County...... this shyte has Meth smokin 315er WHITE trash written all over it.

Since: Jun 10

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 3, 2010
just_real wrote:
the j i g g e r s will steal anything they can get their grubby little paws on.They stole the damn chain off my dog because it was shiney!
that's why they breed mini pinchers. For the thieve's balls to get chomped when they come.

“"SUPERIOR WHITE POWER"”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#13 Dec 3, 2010
SliceNDice wrote:
1. They are sleeping at some fire departments parking lot away from the road and the general public's view..
2. the RPD doesn't get paid enuff so they take bribes to offset their low wages, the sheriff deputys are not paid enuff for the non work they do either so they skate when no ones looking..
3. Yes, they can't survive without coffee and donuts, they be too thin and healthy looking then..
4. They have never gotten their act together and never will, look at ex chief Moore, he is still looking for a good job and getting nowhere at all.
rhonda cares from thecity

Geneseo, NY

#14 Dec 4, 2010
We blacks dont work,so why cant we take the copper?
ur fkin stupid rhonda

Winfield, WV

#15 Dec 5, 2010
rhonda cares from thecity wrote:
We blacks dont work,so why cant we take the copper?
U PROBABLY WOULD SO U CAN PUT A PILL UP UR NOSE!
Wont Get fooled again

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 5, 2010
why not pass a law - certain items like copper plumbing pipes, shiny brass railings, etc turned into scrap yards must need a license or proof of business as a contractor, and you have to sign for what you sell and have your picture taken and ID copied. Just like they do at some Pawn Shops out west.
Will I Am Not

Rochester, NY

#18 Dec 5, 2010
Wont Get fooled again wrote:
why not pass a law - certain items like copper plumbing pipes, shiny brass railings, etc turned into scrap yards must need a license or proof of business as a contractor, and you have to sign for what you sell and have your picture taken and ID copied. Just like they do at some Pawn Shops out west.
Great idea, contractor are people of great ethics and would never steal anything. And if I can't recycle my own metal because I'm not a contract, then so be it.

PS- they already check I.D.'s at those places.
they know who stole this stuff, their white.
noobs

Canandaigua, NY

#19 Dec 5, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
Wrong they are black trash

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brother wease el and hate 2 min Ezra 24
What does wease cares pay for 1 hr Jokette 26
Irondequoit woman pleads guilty to Social Secur... (Sep '11) 2 hr Hmmm 58
Another Stupid Teen Dead in Missouri 8 hr Ezra 30
The Human Spirit: My dear Jewish brethren 9 hr Jokette 1
pants up dont loot 10 hr Jokette 3
Yoohoo Rhoooonda! 13 hr ape hat 43
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web