17-year-olds will get "morning-after"...

17-year-olds will get "morning-after" pill without prescription

There are 14 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Apr 22, 2009, titled 17-year-olds will get "morning-after" pill without prescription. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

The Food and Drug Administration, reversing field, will now let 17-year-olds get the 'morning-after' birth control pill without a doctor's prescription, a government health official said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

“Lovin' you is fuuu-uuun...”

Since: Apr 09

drop the puck, Ref...

#1 Apr 22, 2009
The legal age of consent for females is 17 in NYS, why wouldn't you give them access to this? Would you rather have THAT many unwanted abused children? I'm not saying it's right, it's just THEIR right to decide. After all, they're the ones that forgot the pills, or condoms. Probably not the best mom-to-be either.
IrishEyes

Rochester, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2009
I'm at a loss...I don't know what I think of this. Most everything else you have to be 18 to 21, I don't see why this is any different.

Since: Dec 07

the woods, Pa

#3 Apr 22, 2009
IrishEyes wrote:
I'm at a loss...I don't know what I think of this. Most everything else you have to be 18 to 21, I don't see why this is any different.
Because unfortunately many girls are having sex at much younger ages than 18-21
Zane

Saint John, IN

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Opponents, including prominent idiots, countered that it would encourage promiscuity, and might even become a tool for criminals running prostitution rings, as well as for sexual predators.
buckshot

United States

#5 Apr 22, 2009
A sigh of relief for some////
parent

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 22, 2009
I think this is actually a good thing. However I would hope my daughter would feel comfortable to come to me and not have to go behind my back. When I was a teenager I was having sex and so was most of my friends. It's a reality and we should not pretend it doesn't happen.
Reality

Rochester, NY

#7 Apr 22, 2009
The Government now lets your kids use "THE PILL" at age 17 without a prescription(without your knowledge).Drug Companies push their meds on any kid with behavior issues and school officials support it. There is a pill for everything these days.Drug Companies are out of Control.I really don't see the need for having to watch every one out of three tv comercials be drug oriented.Exercise,eat right and "JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS" AND THEIR COMPANIES.
RealCityRes

Batavia, NY

#8 Apr 25, 2009
By law they at 17 can have sex with a 50yr old, with out telling their parents, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get a pill without their parents knowledge.
THE ROACH

Batavia, NY

#9 Apr 25, 2009
YEA THE THING IS IF SHE 18 SHE DOESNT NEED PERMISSION THOUGH SHE OLD ENOUGH TO DO WHAT EVER SHE WANTS.
cjk

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2009
Sex is prevalent with teenagers now a days. Unless we want even more unwed mothers on the welfare dole, then we have to do something. Parents can try to teach their children right and wrong, but even the "good" girls are experimenting earlier with sex. Sex is all that they see on TV, Movies, and it is all that they hear about on the radio and at school. I am not a fan of this pill, but I see the need for it. Our chilodren see so many casual sexual relationships that they think this is the way life is supposed to be.
true

Rochester, NY

#11 Apr 26, 2009
RealCityRes wrote:
By law they at 17 can have sex with a 50yr old, with out telling their parents, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to get a pill without their parents knowledge.
I agree. But as one or two 50 year olds have recently found out. 17 year old can consent. While 16 3/4 year old can't. As far as I'm concerned it's still creepy.
LMAO

Batavia, NY

#12 Apr 26, 2009
If I was 50 and she was 16 3/4, I would "just" date her for 4 months till she old enough to it, then I'd get her the pills myself. lol
true

Rochester, NY

#13 Apr 26, 2009
LMAO wrote:
If I was 50 and she was 16 3/4, I would "just" date her for 4 months till she old enough to it, then I'd get her the pills myself. lol
Well sadly not everyone can keep it in their pants 4 months as we have seen in the recent past. Also as we have seen in media reports about previous cases. Just because you are a 50 yo creepy guy with a 16 3/4 yo. Doesn't mean you can always get it up.
Eliseo
#14 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four defendants indicted in multi-million dolla... 5 hr DumpTrump 1
News 5 road projects that could make your commute hell 7 hr Iescapedny 12
Poll Who is best Hottie at Ch.10WHEC? (Oct '11) 7 hr Frank 206
News Racial income gap in Monroe County is startling 8 hr IescapedNY 30
News Cop's advice on home break-in turns ugly 8 hr IescapedNY 6
News Pregnant, teenage inmate indicted after escapin... 8 hr IescapedNY 2
Which Local Tops Markets Should Close ? 10 hr DumpTrump 48

Rochester Jobs

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages