NASCAR Driver DOA in Canandaigua Acci...

NASCAR Driver DOA in Canandaigua Accident

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Benny

Pittsford, NY

#1 Aug 10, 2014
Racer Kevin Ward was killed in altercation with Tony Stewart at Canandaigua Motorsports Park - that ended with Stewart running over the driver, pronounced who was "DOA" at a local hospital.

NASCAR driver Tony Stewart ran over a competitor, 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr., during a competition in a sprint car dirt race (he'll be competing at Watkins Glen this weekend in a NASCAR race). After an accident involving the 20-year-old Ward, Jr. and Stewart left Ward's car with a flat tire, the younger "hotheaded" driver got out of the car to confront Stewart.

What happened next is going to be debated, but Stewart appears to have gunned the engine near the other driver, knocking him down and fatally injuring him.

According to Ontario County Sheriff Phil Povero, the driver was "DOA" and no charges have been filed yet. "NASCAR driver Tony Stewart has been fully cooperative".
Benny

Pittsford, NY

#2 Aug 10, 2014
Already post on YouTube by a fan.

Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

#3 Aug 10, 2014
I saw the video.

If Ward was stupid enough to get out of his car and stand in the middle of an activce raceway ... then stupid things happen to stupid people.

If Ward had kept his anger in check, he would still be around to complain about a crappy turn of events at a Saturday race.

Isn't wrath one of the deadly sins?
Benny

Pittsford, NY

#4 Aug 10, 2014
CNN is calling Tony Steward a "hothead", and pointing blame at him indirectly, being careful how they worded it.

Lie detector

Siler City, NC

#5 Aug 10, 2014
# 1 , Don't get out of your car until the safety crew has control of the track . Ward broke that rule and it cost him his life .

# 2 , Don't get out of your car and confront the driver/driver's who you believe tapped/struck you causing your wreck . Never enter the open track on foot . Even during caution flags .

# 3 , I've seen the video 5 times and T.S. may have tried to swerve off as he gunned it the second before impact . I don't believe it was intentional , though it really looks like it from the video angle .

# 4 , Ward was 20 yrs old and negligent placing himself in DANGER .
As the car passed he attempted to stop it ! WTF . T.S. goosed it to adjust the rear of the car because he knew he was going to make contact . He may have just instinctively reacted to a close call and made the Wrong call . These race cars are not automatic transmissions folks . Clutch pedal work is complex , you will stall if you don't do it w/ precision .

All in all , no charges will be filed . it looks intentional but I think it isn't . A freak accident to an unlucky racer .

RIP race car dude .
Benny

Pittsford, NY

#6 Aug 10, 2014
Lie detector wrote:
All in all , no charges will be filed . it looks intentional but I think it isn't . A freak accident to an unlucky racer.
I agree. Ward was venting and made a stupid move. Who knows what actually happened, but Stewart will not be arrested. NASCAR will issue the usual "our prayers are with Ward's family", and that will be the end of it.
Benny

Pittsford, NY

#9 Aug 10, 2014
Evidently he is not a NASCAR sanctioned driver. I made a mistake in the title. Just the perp, Tony Stewart.

Wonder how many of his sponsors will bail by Monday?
NeckCar Darwin Award

Rochester, NY

#10 Aug 10, 2014
Rule 1 - dont run onto a car race track at night wearing all black
Rule 2 - dont run towards oncoming traffic on a race track at night wearing all black
Rule 3 - dont try and punch another driver speeding at you who is still in a car as oncoming traffic comes towards you on a race track at night wearing all black
Rule 4 - dont F with Tony Stewart

I watched and listened to the video- it only sounds like Tony gunned his engine , when in actuality it is the response of his engine trying to get traction since the rear right tire is running over Ward and not on the dirt track.
Benny

Pittsford, NY

#12 Aug 10, 2014
AubreyIsLesbian wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is make mistakes.
But, well, you're a lesbian. A velcro queen. I would love to watch. Call me.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#17 Aug 10, 2014
Both violated rules! LEAVE Thoughts in other thread! Why make a duplicate?
Demented Daisy

Pittsford, NY

#18 Aug 11, 2014
wake up call wrote:
At least he died doing what he loved.
Getting crushed by a speeding car?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
south wedge, I have questions for you 2 hr Ha Ha 94
Pentagon Buried $125 Billion in Administrative ... 3 hr Ha Ha 7
all women are CxNTS 3 hr Ha Ha 5
Moshe haha iescapedny perfect are all the same ... 4 hr women are wastes ... 3
What The Heck Happened To The Bills Yesterday? 4 hr perfect 12
Welcome Back PigPen. You Sure Spanked South Wed... 5 hr IescapedNY 44
3 questions for Pigpen and you BETTER answer them 6 hr Moshe 5

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance