Kevin Williams' Latest Storm Forecast

We are having some technical issues with the weather forecast on our website. This is Kevin Williams' latest forecast for sunday as this winter storm continues. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pat Pizzini

Englishtown, NJ

#1 Dec 16, 2007
Kevin Williams is the best weather forecaster (meteorologist) in the country. Congratulations to channel 10 for having him.
Mark7001

Houston, TX

#2 Dec 16, 2007
What is the liklihood that the airport will be open Monday afternoon?
Snowman

AOL

#4 Dec 16, 2007
I agree with Pat, Kevin Williams is the Best.
bear

United States

#5 Dec 16, 2007
While I do agree that Kevin is a great guy and a highly respected meteorologist, I do have to say that it seems he does tend to over hype the situation at times. I watched all 4 stations weather forecasts and also followed Accu Weather and the National Weather Service websites. It seems to me that channel 10 played up the Blizzard scenario much more than the rest.

Granted, meteorologists rely on data taken from numerous resources and models, most of which rarely ever all agree completely with one another when it comes to a storm. It is not always the meteorologists fault if the one model that varies from the rest turns out to be the one that was correct.

I will say though that I would much rather be expecting the worst and have it not pan out than to expect an average Rochester snowfall and then get absolutely buried. It's easier to prepare than it is to scramble when you get caught off guard.

Kudos to all the snow plow drivers that are working extra hard to keep our roadways cleared as well as to all the firefighters, police officers, ambulance personnel and 911 dispatchers for standing ready to help those in need no matter what the weather is like.
Red

Fairport, NY

#6 Dec 16, 2007
So where's the snow? I hate it when any media outlet forecasts some dire event and then leaves the viewers hanging when nothing happens. I would like to go shopping this afternoon but don't know if the blizzard has missed us or is still coming.
Viewer

Troy, NY

#7 Dec 16, 2007
Pat Pizzini wrote:
Kevin Williams is the best weather forecaster (meteorologist) in the country. Congratulations to channel 10 for having him.
He may know his weather, but he certainly does have an ego. Most people on TV do though to a certain extent. The term "blizzard" can barely be associated with this weather event. Most everyone blew the forecast on this one it seems, but then again it's not over yet...
Thar she blows

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 16, 2007
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
John

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 16, 2007
Kevin most certainly is the best but Rochester is blessed with many extremely knowledgeable weathermen.
The forcast was that the potential for blizzard like conditions. I never heard anyone say "it's gonna be a blizzard".
Learn to listen beyond the buzzwords and you won't be as confused.
Watcher

Henrietta, NY

#10 Dec 16, 2007
I dunno about you guys but here where I live its been snowing for awhile and the roads are bad. The wind hasn't picked up quite yet though.
Roch Kid

Williamson, NY

#11 Dec 16, 2007
Anyone have any views on the possibilities of school cancellations tomorrow?
Dansville

Webster, NY

#12 Dec 16, 2007
Big Snows here maybe 1-2 inches Whoopi! the weathermen make it out to be such a big deal and again nothing but a big flop! So glad i wasted the day yesterday rushing around to get supplies, nwhast a joke!
Shawn

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 16, 2007
Flop in Dansville maybe but not off 104 in Irondequoit !! Treacherous ! A car went off road into oncoming traffic on Hudson Ave @ Rt.104 luckily the closest cars were just far enough away to slide to a stop avoiding a collision. Anyone who doesnt need to be out STAY IN ! That means XMas shopping can wait !
Bill

Buffalo, NY

#15 Dec 16, 2007
For years , I watch Ch.10 as reliable weather source. I Kevin Willams out do the national weather service over the years. My son and I remember the day , We came to visit the station many years ago. I enjoy and look foward watching all you guys. From Batavia,NY
Tony Dentino

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 16, 2007
Williams and staff are number one in this part of the state. I watched them closely over the last few days and they always used the word "possible" I will continue to tune in to Ch 10 .
Charlie

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2007
Well Shaun from Wayland,
Maybe if you had paid attention to the forecast, you would know that the southern tier area would only get as little as 5 inches of snow.
Mr Frost

Rochester, NY

#19 Dec 16, 2007
Shaun wrote:
I am still waiting for the blizzard. Where is it. There is nothing happening here in Wayland. Oh, it snowed 2 inches last night.I wish now I would have faught all the other morrons at the store for milk and bread that the media put into a panic. They were right, This is exacley like the blizzard of 77. It has always been a mistery to me what wouls kill me, the westnile virus? SARS? Mad Cow?or the Blizzard. Still waiting for all of the above.
This is just a conspiracy between the weather forecasters and the stores. Sales are down and what is better to get people buying than a "crippling storm" (as channel 10 put it). I hear very clearly and still haven't gotten anything close to the lowest number of inches we were supposed to get.
The Sky is Falling--

Canandaigua, NY

#21 Dec 16, 2007
Meteoroligists ??? How about As*terologists? My great grandmother could predict the weather better with the arthritis in her joints!!
bear

Syracuse, NY

#22 Dec 16, 2007
Shaun,

It's true that they get much bigger snowfalls in the Adirondacks all the time. The reason that people who live there don't go running to the grocery store every time the weather forecast calls for snow is because it IS a normal situation for them and those who live up there stay constantly prepared all season long for the possibility of being snowed in.

Also, keep in mind that the advice given is a generality. A young, healthy person who lives close to Wegman's won't have that much trouble, but perhaps someone who is elderly, infirm, or dependent upon others for assistance may need to lay in a few extra days worth of supplies "just in case".

No one was advising anyone to stockpile 6 weeks of food, water and medicine. On the other hand, making sure you have everything you need so you don't need to go out when the weather is bad or travel is affected IS good advice.
steve

Rochester, NY

#23 Dec 16, 2007
In his defense, Kevin Wialliams is one of the nicest people I have met. I worked on his property for Ted Collins for the last 2 years and he seemed egoless and quite hospitable. Predicting weather is as exact as predicting what your wife will say when you answer the "do i look fat in the dress" question. Try taking multivariable calculus, differential equations, and understanding that, and applying it to the geophysics of the entire Earth coupled with atmospheric changes and even the movements of tides and celestial bodies. Try to wrap your mind around the whims of God, and there you have the predictability of the weather. If Kevin Williams could accurately predict the weather every time, we'd have to accuse him of being some sort of witch or mystic with a direct portal to the thoughts of the deity.
arkyny

United States

#24 Dec 16, 2007
Boy I am so glad that I moved to ARKANSAS, as I am reading this, it is 53 degrees, 6:30 pm central time. Stay warm folks, see ya next summer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 apes arrested 16 min Rhonda 5
Cubans in Miami slam Obama 'betrayal' after his... 20 min Rhonda 6
black Oxycotin ring leader sentenced 1 hr FTW Forever 3
Thankyou Police Body Cameras 4 hr AllEyesOnYOU 1
Is Brother wease el a liberal 4 hr Rhonda 15
The American Justice System by whites for whites 4 hr Whitey 19
Whitey Will Try To Sabatoge Cuba 5 hr Ezra 3
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web