PETA asks military to end testing on ...

PETA asks military to end testing on animals

There are 2708 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Jul 29, 2008, titled PETA asks military to end testing on animals. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

HONOLULU - Animal-rights activists want the U.S. to stop using animals as subjects to help train its military, calling the medical and trauma exercises cruel and a disservice to the troops.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

PDean

Columbia, SC

#42 Jul 31, 2008
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just tell her the fact that every time PETA uses Sodium Pentathol, they must record the kill associated with that usage. For a fact PETA's record is on the FDA RECORDS and each kill is recorded or they would lose their ability to get more Sodium Pentathol. PETA can not bury the truth the way they do former pets .
LOL - i don't bother posting links because the peta supporters that have showed up on this thread already know the truth - they just hope that noone else does. they do a better job burying the truth than they do burying animals, however. they got caught dumping the 'euthanized' dogs into dumpsters in NC. maybe we should send them some shovels.

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#43 Jul 31, 2008
Cerberus wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are a waster, you make these outlandish claims, you are not prepared to substantiate anything and when challenged you simply say...go do your own research.. Discussion or logic fails with people of your mental calibre....
You just say some words and expect people to accept what you say?????
okay, try pulling one of your three heads out of your final point of contact and go read peta's own website. see what they have to say about 'no kill' shelters...what do you suppose they offer as an alternative? the point is that peta needs to clean up it's own act before going after others. ethical treatment is one thing, but placing goats & pigs above the lives of humans is insane. until peta reforms they will remain a fringe element crackpot organization with little credibility.

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#44 Jul 31, 2008
Gretchen23 wrote:
Take Action Ban Horse Slaughter Track Animal Cruelty Crimes!
With permission from the HSUS I am reprinting this important email sent to me. When I asked if I could post it on this & other forums this is the response I got:
Hi ****,
Go ahead and post it all over the place--the more people who take
action, the better!
Best,
Liz
Liz Pardue hsus.org
Thank you for all you do for animals.
Sincerely,
Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States
Oh you mean this HSUS????

HSUS - The undercover slaughterhouse video released on January 30 by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS): If HSUS knew in October 2007 that potentially unsafe meat was entering the U.S. food chain (including the federal school lunch program), why did the animal rights group sit on its footage for more than three months? Because of HSUS’s preference for sensationalism over protecting the public’s health, millions of Americans (including countless children) may have been exposed to meat that wasn’t fit for human consumption. HSUS clearly shares responsibility for this whole sorry episode.

What a bunch of hyprocrites, I hope no one got injured patting themselves on the back! What a crock of BS, They are no better than the other ARA Terrorist...PETA, ALF, ELF, SHAC!

Keep your children AWAY from these organizations, and stop funding them!!! Donate your time/money and energy to your local animal shelter, NOT HSUS, or these other NATIONAL TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS!!!

TRUE STORY!!
~Van
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#45 Jul 31, 2008
Dino wrote:
Why not just perform the experiments on PETA members? Solves two problems.
1 - The experiment is done
2 - One less whiny PETA member to listen to...
Another violent post from an animal-hater.

Just what we'd expect.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#46 Jul 31, 2008
Ted Nugent was and is nothing but a hack. His lyrics are lame and chord changes predictable. Every single guitar solo he plays has no more than four notes.
USMC

New Canaan, CT

#47 Jul 31, 2008
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we'd expect.
It's not an animal hater it is someone who realizes the diff between an animal and a human being.This saves human lives that is what is important. I know not to tree huggers like yourself but to most of the country our lives are more valuable then a pig
Donnie Mac Leod

Halifax, Canada

#48 Jul 31, 2008
AntiFlag wrote:
Ted Nugent was and is nothing but a hack. His lyrics are lame and chord changes predictable. Every single guitar solo he plays has no more than four notes.
And those notes are sweet compared to your sour notes.
Donnie Mac Leod

Halifax, Canada

#49 Jul 31, 2008
Some ARA folk are trying to negate Medical research because they claim animals have rights giving them restrictions against use to find cures. That claim is made by folks that never negotiated the use of those researches with Binky the lab rat or the benefits for mankind. Those ARA folk made a unilateral decision to claim something that no animal is capable of negotiating. Pigs have no rights. Even enemy troops on a battle field have rights to proper medical care but pigs don't. Medics are trying to save human lives and if training with pigs helps to give Medics better methodology in infection prevention. To bad some folks think Porky the pig has more right to survival then a man/woman who might just get home to a family after a battle field wounding. Porky's family wouldn't miss him although some ARA are striving to misrepresent that point of concern, in the human family.
Donnie Mac Leod

Halifax, Canada

#50 Jul 31, 2008
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we'd expect.
Excuse me!!! There is nothing violent about the post at all. It is a suggestion that if PETA is concerned with animal healthy they might offer their own carcasses to medical research instead of whining about the research and then taking advantage of it when they get sick. You seem to miss the point of the alternative to not progressing our research is to make human and non-human animals healthy..

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#51 Jul 31, 2008
AntiFlag wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what we'd expect.
I love, love LOVE animals....
right next to the mashed potatoes and corn.
Especially tasty right off the BBQ.
Now, if ya dont mind, how 'bout passin the gravy as well as those biscuits!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#52 Jul 31, 2008
AntiFlag wrote:
Obviously you know absolutely nothing about music.
I'll take his lame lyrics over your inane rhetoric anyday.
Plus Ted Nugent is pretty damn impressive with a rifle, and grills one hell of a damn good steak!
so - how are you with your tofu
Donnie Mac Leod

Greenwood, Canada

#53 Jul 31, 2008
Another ARA gets jail time and a fine.

10 News (San Diego)
Ex-UCSD Worker Sentenced For Bomb Hoax
July 28, 2008
http://www.10news.com/news/17018382/detail.ht...

SAN DIEGO -- A former temporary worker at the University of
California, San Diego, who made bogus threats to blow up buildings on
campus if research animals weren't released, was sentenced Monday to
15 months in federal prison and ordered to pay $10,419 in restitution.

Richard Sills, who pleaded guilty March 11 to one count of making
threats involving animal enterprises, was sentenced by U.S. District
Judge Larry Burns.

The 55-year-old La Jolla resident admitted making two phone calls and
sending a letter to the university claiming there was a bomb on campus
last Dec. 5. A bogus device was found that morning at the Leichtag
Family Foundation Biomedical Research Building, where Sills was a
temporary employee at the time.

According to the indictment, Sills said in the second call, "Take this
very seriously. There is a bomb in the Leichtag Building. Take this
very seriously."

Sills also sent a letter to the UCSD Police Department stating that
the Animal Liberation Front would detonate remote-controlled explosive
devices the activist group had placed in six campus buildings unless
animals from campus research facilities were released, according to
court papers.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Peter Mazza said Sills' sentence was on the
low end of the agreed-upon federal sentencing guidelines because it
did not appear he was affiliated with the Animal Liberation Front.

"It (the bomb threat) was his form of expression against testing on
animals," the prosecutor said.

“Casey's new friends”

Since: Sep 07

United States

#54 Jul 31, 2008
Yes he's one nasty piece of work, my nickname for him is pig vomit.

Hunters are terrorists of animal world

Ted Nugent, the world's most outspoken hunter:

"I contribute to the dead of winter and the moans of silence, blood trails are music to my ears. I'm a gut-pile addict. The pig didn't know I was there. It's my kick. I love shafting animals."

Hunters hunt for the thrill of the kill. They receive a heroine-like rush to the senses. Hunting is blood lust and dominance. Hunting is hatred and violence. Hunting is murder. And it's obscene.

AntiFlag wrote:

“Casey's new friends”

United States

#55 Jul 31, 2008
CCF-The Festering Boil on Humanity Trashes MADD(Mothers against Drunk Driving.)
The "so-called" Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is at it again, this time attacking PETA. But their ploy has backfired. The CCF was set to run a full-page ad against PETA, in this week's Hollywood edition of Variety, but Variety pulled the ad at the 11th hour. That's good news because one thing consumers don't need is more corporate spin.

**(Probably, the CCF planned the ad to coincide with the culmination of a North Carolina court case involving "two PETA workers" accused of animal cruelty, but a jury acquitted them of all charges, except littering.)

** The CCF has been playing up the case hoping for a conviction, but with the acquittal, the rug has been pulled from under them. Cooler heads prevailed, both in court and at Variety. No doubt, CCF is doubly disappointed.

**(Anyone who criticizes tobacco, alcohol, fatty foods or soda pop is likely to come under attack from CCF.)

**Its enemies list has included such diverse groups and individuals as...the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons; the American Medical Association; the Arthritis Foundation; the Consumer Federation of America; New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani; the Harvard School of Public Health; the Marin Institute for the Prevention of Alcohol and Other Drug Problems; the National Association of High School Principals; the National Safety Council ... Ralph Nader's group, Public Citizen; and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
**(The constant barrage of 'disinformation' put out by the CCF flies in the face of both science and common sense.) But that should be no surprise, since their goal never was to promote consumer health -- or freedom -- but to increase their clients' profit-margins.
**Now that PETA has been cleared, the CCF can go back to fighting MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving).
Gayle Dean freelance writer

--
full story:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/vie...

“Pit Bulls are good dogs too”

Since: Jul 07

Moncton, New Brunswick

#56 Jul 31, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
This is the comment I'm referring to as bullshit.
And since you seemed to agree with it, that's why I responded to you. But if you are not guilty of abuse or making assenine statements as this, why are you defending those who do??
<quoted text>
In official report filed by PETA itself shows that the animal rights group put to death nearly every dog, cat, and other pet it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 animals. Not counting pets brought to PETA for spaying or neutering, the organization killed 2,981 of the 3,061 “companion animals” it took in. According to VDACS, the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in Virginia was 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA’s “kill rate” was 97.4 percent.

“Pit Bulls are good dogs too”

Since: Jul 07

Moncton, New Brunswick

#57 Jul 31, 2008
Cerberus wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are a waster, you make these outlandish claims, you are not prepared to substantiate anything and when challenged you simply say...go do your own research.. Discussion or logic fails with people of your mental calibre....
You just say some words and expect people to accept what you say?????
Here's one example, you can look up tons more:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,160498,00...

“Casey's new friends”

United States

#58 Jul 31, 2008
All I will say about that is the obvious. Who's birthing these litters of unwanted animals, Peta or the majority of uninformed, irresponsible, ignorant bad pet owners? How many have been euthanized in shelters? Is it the shelter worker's fault? No it's the morons who refuse to spay & neuter their pets. How many puppy mills over breed millions of unwanted cats & dogs each year? Then they sell the animals, many times very sick to pet shops that don't give the sick animals proper veteranarian care.

Do you ever protest against puppy mills & pet shops who overbreed? I do because they are despicable. You can actually buy a pet online & have it 'shipped' to you in 24 hrs. Like they are mailing houseware items, not a living thing. That's what needs to be corrected, these places are churning sick diseased animals out & the females they breed do it 24/7, never to see the light of day, the stay pregnant then are killed when the bodies wear out.

Guess what they do, throw the animals is the trash can every night when they die. How do I know this? Because Peta went undercover & has footage of pet shops like Petco & Pet Smart doing that very thing.

Peta is not & never has been an animal shelter. Do I agree with euthanizing healthy animals, no! But I understand why they felt it was better than them starving in the street or languishing in a no kill shelter which many times abuse the animals from neglect because they are overwhelmed.

Peta is trying to make spaying & neutering mandatory in many problemed states that are shockingly overpopulated with homeless starving dideased animals.

If the public would wake up & quit over breeding then dumping the 'problems' onto everyone else, we wouldn't need a Peta or all these shelters & animal rights groups left to clean up the mess of a cruel uncaring population of citizens. Too many just don't give a rats ass, as long as it's not them dying and roaming the streets with no home.
HeatherW wrote:
<quoted text>
In official report filed by PETA itself shows that the animal rights group put to death nearly every dog, cat, and other pet it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 animals. Not counting pets brought to PETA for spaying or neutering, the organization killed 2,981 of the 3,061 “companion animals” it took in. According to VDACS, the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in Virginia was 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA’s “kill rate” was 97.4 percent.

“Casey's new friends”

United States

#59 Jul 31, 2008
I'm sick of irresponsible pet owners blaming Peta & HSUS for their laziness, callousness & refusal to do the right thing. We need a no birth nation until overpopulation of cats & dogs are drastically declined.

This is the truth, just yesterday I went outside to walk my dogs all are rescues. I heard crying in the bed of our truck. It was steaming hot especially in the hot metal back of a truck. I climbed into the bed, couldn't see what it was. Well, finally a little kitten ran from behind a box and started rubbing against my leg. Someone had to put him there, he's no more than 4-5 weeks old. He was so skinny & hot his dark hair was a faded orange color & his mouth was crusty & dry from lack of water. Of course I'll keep him, he's looking better already. But I need this like a hole in my head, I just took in another male feral cat about 3 months before this.

People around here do not care, if they don't want animals anymore especially a litter of kittens, they dump them. This is an isolated road, so no one sees them do it, but most animals aren't as lucky as this one & they die in the surrounding woods. There are several colonies of wild feral cats living in woods all around me. I've saved some, but others caught feline leukemia & it wiped out at least 1/3 of them. I get everyone I can save vaccinated for leukemia but it's highly contagious.

But the community has a narrow minded backwoods mentalitiy when it comes to treating animals with proper VET CARE & GETTING THEM SPAYED & NEUTERED, THEY JUST DON'T DO IT AND THE RESULT IS USUALLY DEATH FROM HEAT, STARVATION & NO WATER, OR COYOTES.

“Casey's new friends”

United States

#60 Jul 31, 2008
Just a Few Peta Victories-- If un evolved people would not fight progress and animal reform, they could make a madatory spaying ordinance bill pass in many more cities with an overpopulation crisis. But backward thinking people fight advance to better animal welfare tooth & nail. I will never understand it, we don't need one more litter of cats or dogs until the crisis is under comntrol, it should be against the law to birth one more litter of any pet. That should include the hideous puppy mills.

2008 - Los Angeles Passes Mandatory Spay/Neuter Ordinance
In a huge victory in the fight to end our nation's animal overpopulation crisis, Los Angeles, California, passed a mandatory spay/neuter ordinance. This life-saving legislation was long overdue in a city that takes in an average of 46,000 homeless animals annually. PETA mobilized activists throughout the city to contact their council members and speak in behalf of the bill. Los Angeles' passage of this ordinance will serve as a shining example for other cities to emulate by implementing Animal Birth Control.

2002 - Los Angeles, California, Rabbit Giveaway Is Halted
A Los Angeles activist contacted PETA about his struggle to convince a property management group in the city to cancel an Easter contest in which the prizes were live rabbits. Until the contest, the rabbits were being displayed, along with several ducklings, inside one of the buildings that the company manages. It is illegal in California to give rabbits or ducklings away, and we immediately contacted Los Angeles Animal Services officials to notify them of the contest. Los Angeles Animal Services issued a cease-and-desist order and, with help from PETA and the local activist, arranged for the ducklings to be turned over to a wildlife rehabilitator who could care for them until they could be released into a natural habitat. The rabbits were turned over to a local rescue organization for adoption into loving, permanent homes.

2003 - Louisiana Puppy Abuser Gets Three Years in Prison
When a puppy named Caesar snatched a loaf of bread from the kitchen table, his owner beat the dog until he was bloody, then buried him alive, his head and upper torso in the ground. The owner sent his buddy to find gasoline so that they could burn the puppy alive. Good Samaritans managed to pull Caesar from his grave. The puppy was rushed to the animal hospital where he fell into a coma and was euthanized later that night.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#61 Jul 31, 2008
Snowraider wrote:
I hope god,mother nature takes every black heart that fired a bullet at these animals to hells door when thier times up.
I know damn peta & their black hearts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Liberal Democrats Getting So Nervous Ab... 40 min Go Blue Forever 58
Make America Strong and Safe Again! 59 min ha hA 74
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 1 hr Slammed 636
Greece cops arrest lady for taking video of an ... Mon HA HA 11
Agitators Jun 26 Ha Ha 62
rochester christian church ministries is a cult... (Oct '07) Jun 26 just joe 97
Major Assult Weapons Bust in Henrietta Jun 26 Bruce TransJenner 19

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance