PETA asks military to end testing on animals

Jul 29, 2008 Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester 2,709

HONOLULU - Animal-rights activists want the U.S. to stop using animals as subjects to help train its military, calling the medical and trauma exercises cruel and a disservice to the troops.

Full Story
Gretchen23

United States

#22 Jul 30, 2008
Exactly, abusers & their apologists just rattle off the supposed 'facts' about animal rights activists, especially Peta. It's a lie & there are no statistics to back it up because the moron obviously made it up as he/she was typing it. If I was Peta I'd start defending the organization against these frequent maliscious lies by individuals and their enemies in the meat, tobacco, and animal exploitation industries like horse racing.

But I guess that would mean they'd be in court 24/7 instead of helping animals. And shelters, Peta does not want to euthanize animals, they are not the ones who don't spay, neuter, run puppy mills, pet shops. They are stuck with societies massive uncaring abusive behavior resulting in millions of unwanted animals born each year.
Cerberus wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain your statement....dont just make statements which beg the question....
Gretchen23

United States

#23 Jul 30, 2008
Bla Bla Bla
Van_Bowhunts wrote:
<quoted text>So riddle me this Batman....Tell me about the myriad of vegan type food recalls such as brussel sprouts & spinach where folks actually died. Just imagine how much greater those recalls would be if the vegans weren't demanding their food not be covered in RAT FECES and body parts. Not a word about all the rats that get knocked off with no animal welfare laws protecting them. Not a word about the 39 billion dollar pesticide industry that kills billions of sentient beings right in the crop fields and then their bodies decay on the FOOD they eat. Not a word about the fires that roar through sugar cane fields burning millions of animals every year before the cane is harvested. Not a word about the billions of animal deaths by heavy machinery plowing ,tilling, harrowing, spraying, planting, spraying again, Spraying again & then harvesting of crops. Many hypocrites live among us but Vegans are just about the most self serving obnoxious hypocrites there are. Not a welfare law in those billions crop food deaths and they weep over 29 sentient beings that couldn't walk to their death. It was wrong that those 29 animals were not shot dead on the truck and hoisted off the truck at a mink ranch. However the regulators are checking into those actions and the cost is going to be born by the lost revenue and license of the packers. How many welfare laws are there in VEGAN crop productions? How often do you hear VEGANS crying over their deaths???
You want to talk about hyprocrisy, vegan and Hypocrisy are synonyms for obvious collateral reasons. They will whine about that assessment but the truth is obvious though they will PRETEND to be OBLIVIOUS to the truth.
TRUE STORY!!
Gretchen23

United States

#24 Jul 30, 2008
Bowhunt- your very name is despicable and once I read rat feces in your post I read no further. I'm sure you were trying to make a point but anyone calling themselves bowhunt is infectious human waste & I won't give you the satisfaction of reading you pro-hunting drivel.
Gretchen23

United States

#25 Jul 30, 2008
Take Action Ban Horse Slaughter Track Animal Cruelty Crimes!

With permission from the HSUS I am reprinting this important email sent to me. When I asked if I could post it on this & other forums this is the response I got:

Hi ****,
Go ahead and post it all over the place--the more people who take
action, the better!
Best,
Liz
Liz Pardue hsus.org

Congress to track animal cruelty crimes and protect horses!

I am delighted to bring you exciting news from our nation's capital. The U.S. House Judiciary Committee will hold a congressional hearing this Thursday, July 31, on two brand new, animal protection bills: one to stop the slaughter of horses for human consumption, and one to track animal cruelty crimes. We need your help getting these new bills started with a bang and building as much congressional support as possible starting right now.

Please take action and urge your representative to track animal cruelty crimes and protect horses!

Similar to the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act (H.R. 503/S. 311), the new Conyers-Burton Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2008 (H.R. 6598) will prohibit the sale and transport of horses to be slaughtered for human consumption, including horses exported over long distances to Mexico and Canada. Since this new bill was introduced by Judiciary Committee Chairman Conyers and specifically addresses the extreme cruelty inherent in horse slaughter, it has the potential to move quickly through the process if we can build up enough congressional support. H.R. 503, the anti-slaughter bill we've advocated for in the past, seems stalled, and H.R. 6598 has a better chance of being enacted. Please help us build support for our horses.

The Animal Cruelty Statistics Act of 2008 (H.R. 6597), also introduced by Chairman Conyers with Rep. Elton Gallegly, will require the Department of Justice to make the collection of data on all animal cruelty crimes a priority. Tracking animal abuse, which often is associated with family violence and other crimes, will boost efforts to interrupt the violence cycle. With this information, law enforcement and others can intervene earlier and more effectively to protect animals, children, and families.

TAKE ACTION
It is essential that we gather as many co-sponsors as possible for these two bills. Please make a brief, polite phone call to your U.S. Representative, before Thursday to ask your representative to co-sponsor the Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act and the Animal Cruelty Statistics Act.

When you call, you will speak to a staff member who can pass your message along to your legislator. Please be polite and professional, and leave your name and address so it is clear that you are a constituent.

After making your call, send a follow-up email to urge your Representative to protect horses. Then, send a follow-up email to urge your Representative to require tracking animal cruelty crimes.

Thank you for all you do for animals.

Sincerely,

Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States

Take action to ban horse slaughter & track crimes here:

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/FED_2008_...

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#26 Jul 30, 2008
Gretchen23 wrote:
Exactly, abusers & their apologists just rattle off the supposed 'facts' about animal rights activists, especially Peta. It's a lie & there are no statistics to back it up because the moron obviously made it up as he/she was typing it. If I was Peta I'd start defending the organization against these frequent maliscious lies by individuals and their enemies in the meat, tobacco, and animal exploitation industries like horse racing.
But I guess that would mean they'd be in court 24/7 instead of helping animals. And shelters, Peta does not want to euthanize animals, they are not the ones who don't spay, neuter, run puppy mills, pet shops. They are stuck with societies massive uncaring abusive behavior resulting in millions of unwanted animals born each year.<quoted text>
hate to break this to you but i didn't make anything up. i don't have to. peta has been reported to have killed thousands of animals. oh yes, i'm sure they had a good reason and didn't enjoy it. that's the point, you see. the army has very good reasons for the training it conducts, and NO, the medics and surgeons don't take pleasure in killing pigs. it is hypocritical of peta and their supporters to criticize the military while they themselves still support the killing of companion animals. do you have evidence that the news reports stating that peta has 'euthanized' dogs and dumped the bodies are untrue? i'd love to hear it. i might even support them again.

“Casey's new friends”

Since: Sep 07

United States

#27 Jul 30, 2008
Oh Peta has been 'reported to have killed thousands' as compared to what? How many animals has the military killed due to experiments, 10, 20, 100, 1,000 more. Truth is, you don't know and 'reported thousands' could be anything from 1,000 to 99,000. You spouted off meaningless useless propaganda with nothing to back up your slandering of Peta because you don't like them.
Cerberus

Southampton, UK

#28 Jul 31, 2008
PDean wrote:
<quoted text>
hate to break this to you but i didn't make anything up. i don't have to. peta has been reported to have killed thousands of animals. oh yes, i'm sure they had a good reason and didn't enjoy it. that's the point, you see. the army has very good reasons for the training it conducts, and NO, the medics and surgeons don't take pleasure in killing pigs. it is hypocritical of peta and their supporters to criticize the military while they themselves still support the killing of companion animals. do you have evidence that the news reports stating that peta has 'euthanized' dogs and dumped the bodies are untrue? i'd love to hear it. i might even support them again.
Where is your evidence for this claim that Peta has killed thousands of animals???
You are talking rubbish...prove your claim

Columbia, S.C.

#29 Jul 31, 2008
the number is > 20,000 but you probably know this. do you deny that peta has done this? do you deny that peta volunteers were caught dumping the bodies of dead dogs into dumpsters in north carolina? or are you defending their actions? which is it? your position is weakminded, irrational, and hypocritical either way.

Columbia, S.C.

#30 Jul 31, 2008
Cerberus wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence for this claim that Peta has killed thousands of animals???
You are talking rubbish...prove your claim
do your own research. i did.
Cerberus

Southampton, UK

#31 Jul 31, 2008
PDean wrote:
<quoted text>
do your own research. i did.
No, you are a waster, you make these outlandish claims, you are not prepared to substantiate anything and when challenged you simply say...go do your own research.. Discussion or logic fails with people of your mental calibre....
You just say some words and expect people to accept what you say?????

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#32 Jul 31, 2008
Gretchen23 wrote:
Oh Peta has been 'reported to have killed thousands' as compared to what? How many animals has the military killed due to experiments, 10, 20, 100, 1,000 more. Truth is, you don't know and 'reported thousands' could be anything from 1,000 to 99,000. You spouted off meaningless useless propaganda with nothing to back up your slandering of Peta because you don't like them.
Please STOP funding these TERRORIST ACTIVITIES!

During the past two decades, radical environmental and animal rights groups have claimed responsibility for hundreds of crimes and acts of terrorism, including arson, bombings, vandalism and harassment, causing more than $100 million in damage. The Prominent Groups are: Animal Liberation Front (ALF), Earth Liberation Front (ELF), Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (SHAC), People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, and Humane Society US (HSUS). Although it has been overshadowed by Islamic terrorist threats since September 11, ecoterrorism remains one of the country's most active terrorist movements. But don't take my word for it, I encourage you to conduct your own ecoterrorism search, and please check the Anti-Defamation League's website, and the FBI's to substantiate my claims.

http://www.adl.org/learn/ext_us/Ecoterrorism ....

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/issuepage.cfm/ ...

"7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA." The Center for Consumer Freedom. URL: http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail ...

John Hawkins, "Quotes from the Animal Rights Movement." Rightwingnews.com . URL: http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/animal.ph ...

James Jarboe, "Testimony of James F. Jarboe, Domestic Terrorism Section Chief, Counterterrorism Division, FBI, Before the House Resources Committee, Subcommittee on Forests and Forest Health, February 12, 2002,"The Threat of Eco-Terrorism." FBI. URL: http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress02/jarboe ...

Hunters/Outdoorsmen/women have done more for the environment and conservation than any of these terrorist groups. In 1937, hunters lobbied Congress to pass the Pittman-Robinson Act, an 11 percent tax on hunting equipment which, combined with license fees, now provides $700 million a year for protection of wildlife habitat on public lands. And Ducks Unlimited alone has conserved an estimated 7.2 million acres of waterfowl habitat. So next time you want to make a donation, how about make it to a real organization that actually cares about the environment, wildlife and conservation.

One final question....Name me ONE, JUST ONE hunting organization that is on the FBI's watch list!

TRUE STORY!!

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#33 Jul 31, 2008
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/article_detail...

7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA

1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.
2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.
3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”
4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children:“Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience:“Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”
5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.
6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.
7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”

TRUE STORY!!
Dino

Long Beach, CA

#34 Jul 31, 2008
Why not just perform the experiments on PETA members? Solves two problems.

1 - The experiment is done

2 - One less whiny PETA member to listen to...

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#35 Jul 31, 2008
Jackelbynight wrote:
I am an animal lover and against any kind of cruelty to any poor defenseless animal.
I am an animal lover as well...
I love my steaks medium rare, my bacon semi crispy, my ribs covered in thick rich BBQ sauce, veal parmesan and lamb chops, venison stew and spiced jerked elk....
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Location hidden

#36 Jul 31, 2008
Dino wrote:
Why not just perform the experiments on PETA members? Solves two problems.
1 - The experiment is done
2 - One less whiny PETA member to listen to...
Agreed

Location hidden

#37 Jul 31, 2008
Gretchen23 wrote:
Bowhunt- your very name is despicable and once I read rat feces in your post I read no further. I'm sure you were trying to make a point but anyone calling themselves bowhunt is infectious human waste & I won't give you the satisfaction of reading you pro-hunting drivel.
Why not, we're forced to read your idiotic babbling.
Animals are for FOOD. Get over it!
BTW, how's the bear hunting in your neck of the woods?

Location hidden

#38 Jul 31, 2008
Van_Bowhunts wrote:
<quoted text>So riddle me this Batman....Tell me about the myriad of vegan type food recalls such as brussel sprouts & spinach where folks actually died. Just imagine how much greater those recalls would be if the vegans weren't demanding their food not be covered in RAT FECES and body parts. Not a word about all the rats that get knocked off with no animal welfare laws protecting them. Not a word about the 39 billion dollar pesticide industry that kills billions of sentient beings right in the crop fields and then their bodies decay on the FOOD they eat. Not a word about the fires that roar through sugar cane fields burning millions of animals every year before the cane is harvested. Not a word about the billions of animal deaths by heavy machinery plowing ,tilling, harrowing, spraying, planting, spraying again, Spraying again & then harvesting of crops. Many hypocrites live among us but Vegans are just about the most self serving obnoxious hypocrites there are. Not a welfare law in those billions crop food deaths and they weep over 29 sentient beings that couldn't walk to their death. It was wrong that those 29 animals were not shot dead on the truck and hoisted off the truck at a mink ranch. However the regulators are checking into those actions and the cost is going to be born by the lost revenue and license of the packers. How many welfare laws are there in VEGAN crop productions? How often do you hear VEGANS crying over their deaths???
You want to talk about hyprocrisy, vegan and Hypocrisy are synonyms for obvious collateral reasons. They will whine about that assessment but the truth is obvious though they will PRETEND to be OBLIVIOUS to the truth.
TRUE STORY!!
no cases of vegetable salmonella has ever reached the grocery store or caused illness either huh. Some of these people are truly idiots.

Location hidden

#39 Jul 31, 2008
Snowraider wrote:
I hope god,mother nature takes every black heart that fired a bullet at these animals to hells door when thier times up.
Lets hope mother nature first takes steps to correct the mistake she made in YOUR existence.
A really big OOOOPS! on her part.
Donnie Mac Leod

Halifax, Canada

#40 Jul 31, 2008
PDean wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just tell her the fact that every time PETA uses Sodium Pentathol, they must record the kill associated with that usage. For a fact PETA's record is on the FDA RECORDS and each kill is recorded or they would lose their ability to get more Sodium Pentathol. PETA can not bury the truth the way they do former pets .
Donnie Mac Leod

Halifax, Canada

#41 Jul 31, 2008
Van_Bowhunts wrote:
http://www.consumerfreedom.com /article_detail.cfm?article=13 4
7 Things You Didn't Know About PETA
1) PETA president and co-founder Ingrid Newkirk has described her group’s overall goal as “total animal liberation.” This means no meat, no milk, no zoos, no circuses, no wool, no leather, no hunting, no fishing, and no pets (not even seeing-eye dogs). PETA is also against all medical research that requires the use of animals.
2) Despite its constant moralizing about the “unethical” treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers, and countless other Americans, PETA has killed over 14,400 dogs and cats at its Norfolk, Virginia headquarters. During 2005, PETA put to death over 90 percent of the animals it collected from members of the public.
3) PETA has given tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals. This includes a 2001 donation of $1,500 to the North American Earth Liberation Front (ELF), an FBI-certified “domestic terrorist” group responsible for dozens of firebombs and death threats. During the 1990s, PETA paid $70,200 to an Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activist convicted of burning down a Michigan State University research laboratory. In his sentencing recommendation, a federal prosecutor implicated PETA president Ingrid Newkirk in that crime. And PETA vegetarian campaign coordinator Bruce Friedrich told an animal rights convention in 2001 that “blowing stuff up and smashing windows” is “a great way to bring about animal liberation.”
4) PETA activists regularly target children as young as six years old with anti-meat and anti-milk propaganda, often waiting outside their schools to intercept them as they walk to and from class-without notifying parents. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature tells small children:“Your Mommy Kills Animals!” PETA brags that its messages reach over 2 million children every year, including thousands reached by e-mail without the permission of their parents. One PETA vice president told the Fox News Channel’s audience:“Our campaigns are always geared towards children, and they always will be.”
5) PETA has used a related organization, the PETA Foundation, to fund the misnamed Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM), a deceptive animal rights group that promotes itself as an unbiased source of medical and nutritional information. PCRM's president also serves as president of the PETA Foundation.
6) PETA runs campaigns seemingly calculated to offend religious believers. One entire PETA website is devoted to the claim-despite ample evidence to the contrary-that Jesus Christ was a vegetarian. PETA holds protests at houses of worship, even suing one church that tried to protect its members from Sunday-morning harassment. Its billboards taunt Christians with the message that hogs “died for their sins.” PETA insists, contrary to centuries of rabbinical teaching, that the Jewish ritual of kosher slaughter shouldn't be allowed. And its infamous “Holocaust on Your Plate” campaign crassly compares the Jewish victims of Nazi genocide with farm animals.
7) PETA has repeatedly attacked research foundations like the March of Dimes, the Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the American Cancer Society, because they support animal-based research that might uncover cures for birth defects and life-threatening diseases. PETA president Ingrid Newkirk has said that “even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we would be against it.”
TRUE STORY!!
Another part that seems to have missed this forum. The two PETA people involved in the Dumpster flip of pets that were supposed to be going to nice new homes when they left the Vets offices were NOT LICENSED to administer Sodium Pentathol. A serious No-No in the animal welfare league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspension Rate Discussion Scares Racist Teachers 11 min Rhonda 10
Do you agree with my views on interracial dating? (Nov '10) 22 min Rhonda 72
Cubans in Miami slam Obama 'betrayal' after his... 26 min Shamis Pigpen 53
Fire WROC's Hairdresser and Make-up Person 28 min Rhonda 5
War With North Korea 58 min Rhonda 1
You Sons of B! tches Harassing "Rhonda" Are Bei... 2 hr Computer Bawlz 12
White Suburban Hosting an Underage Drinking Party 7 hr Whitey 6
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web