PETA asks military to end testing on animals

Jul 29, 2008 Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester 2,709

HONOLULU - Animal-rights activists want the U.S. to stop using animals as subjects to help train its military, calling the medical and trauma exercises cruel and a disservice to the troops.

Full Story
First Prev
of 136
Next Last
Jackelbynight

United States

#1 Jul 29, 2008
I am an animal lover and against any kind of cruelty to any poor defenseless animal.
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jul 29, 2008
Military types are the ones who tortured animals when they were kids.
Jen

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Seriously, if you haven't seen this PETA ad..you just don't know what you're missing:
http://grrlplanet.com/2008/05/28/peta-underst...

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#4 Jul 29, 2008
PETA kills more animals annually than our military. at least the military is advancing life-saving training with it's program. what is PETA's excuse?
do_it_for_8belle s

United States

#5 Jul 29, 2008
That's bullshit, an if bad pet owners would spay neuter put id tags & collars on their pets, keep them fenced in or confined and not let them run away only to reproduce more unwanted animals animal shelters & Peta would not be overwhelmed with unwanted animals. Add puppy mills who's livelihood depends on overbreeding sick animals that they sell to pet stores who throw away their sick dead animals everynight in the trash like leftover bad food.

Peta is not a shelter, yet irresponsible pet owners constantly drop off their 'mistakes' at Peta's offices. I'm not for euthanizing healthy animals, but I understand why it gets to that point, it's the public not doing the right thing. Look in the mirror it's people with your attitude that kills animals, not Peta.
PDean wrote:
PETA kills more animals annually than our military. at least the military is advancing life-saving training with it's program. what is PETA's excuse?

Since: Jul 08

Tulsa, OK

#6 Jul 29, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
That's bullshit, an if bad pet owners would spay neuter put id tags & collars on their pets, keep them fenced in or confined and not let them run away only to reproduce more unwanted animals animal shelters & Peta would not be overwhelmed with unwanted animals. Add puppy mills who's livelihood depends on overbreeding sick animals that they sell to pet stores who throw away their sick dead animals everynight in the trash like leftover bad food.
Peta is not a shelter, yet irresponsible pet owners constantly drop off their 'mistakes' at Peta's offices. I'm not for euthanizing healthy animals, but I understand why it gets to that point, it's the public not doing the right thing. Look in the mirror it's people with your attitude that kills animals, not Peta.
<quoted text>
PETA does in fact euthanize more animals than McDonalds does cats for Big Macs...which is a lot of 'em dudes!
do_it_for_8belle s

United States

#7 Jul 29, 2008
"Results from animal tests are not transferable between species, and therefore cannot guarantee product safety for humans...In reality these tests do not provide protection for consumers from unsafe products, but rather they are used to protect corporations from legal liability." -- Gundersheimer, Herbert, M.D., Baltimore 1988
do_it_for_8belle s

United States

#8 Jul 29, 2008
What is PETAís position on euthanasia?

Every day in the United States, tens of thousands of puppies and kittens are born. Compare this to the nearly 11,000 human births each day, and itís clear that there can never be enough homes for all these animals. Shelters are stuck with the heartrending job of dealing with animals nobody wants.

** Those who refuse to spay and neuter their animals, who abandon animals when they grow tired of them, and who patronize pet shops instead of adopting stray or shelter animals make euthanasia a tragic necessity.

Like I said look in the mirror, it's bad pet owners, not Peta who are birthing all these unwanted homeless animals.
do_it_for_8belle s

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2008
The bottom line is: no animal experiment has ever saved a human life. But animal experiments have led to many human deaths.

Tulsa, OK

#10 Jul 29, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
Every day in the United States, tens of thousands of puppies and kittens are born. Compare this to the nearly 11,000 human births each day, and itís clear that there can never be enough homes for all these animals. Shelters are stuck with the heartrending job of dealing with animals nobody wants.
** Those who refuse to spay and neuter their animals, who abandon animals when they grow tired of them, and who patronize pet shops instead of adopting stray or shelter animals make euthanasia a tragic necessity.
Like I said look in the mirror, it's bad pet owners, not Peta who are birthing all these unwanted homeless animals.
Hmmmmmm, I went and looked in the mirror just now and all I saw was a responsible Dacshund master who neutered his little four legged friend, feeds him well, bathes him regularly, keeps close tabs on him when we go out??? How am I the problem or are you another stereotyper liberal maniac???

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jul 29, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
The bottom line is: no animal experiment has ever saved a human life. But animal experiments have led to many human deaths.
WOW, I'll bet you failed biology miserably huh?
do_it_for_8belle s

Somerville, TN

#12 Jul 30, 2008
ken the printer wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmmm, I went and looked in the mirror just now and all I saw was a responsible Dacshund master who neutered his little four legged friend, feeds him well, bathes him regularly, keeps close tabs on him when we go out??? How am I the problem or are you another stereotyper liberal maniac???

Every day in the United States, tens of thousands of puppies and kittens are born. Compare this to the nearly 11,000 human births each day, and itís clear that there can never be enough homes for all these animals. Shelters are stuck with the heartrending job of dealing with animals nobody wants. Those who refuse to spay and neuter their animals, who abandon animals when they grow tired of them, and who patronize pet shops instead of adopting stray or shelter animals make euthanasia a tragic necessity.

Great, good for you, but the very people who talk about euthanasia being 'Peta's fault' or 'animal rights crazies' are usually the very ones that do not spay & neuter & are against a mandatory spay ordinance. Meaning if they look in the mirror they will see the real cause of overpopulation & death of millions of cats & dogs every year.

And Peta has not euthanized more animals than McDonalds has killed cows or whatever some fool said. That's nonsense and anti-rights overkill to expect anyone to fall for that dumb statement. Proof? Ever heard of downed crippled cows slaughtered illegally and fed to public school children in 38 states? HSUS's undercover work of the guilty CA meat plant led to the largest beef recall in US history in Feb. 2008. And that was just one slaughter plant chosen at random, how many more sell illegal, bad meat that winds up in consumer's stomachs & no one ever knows why they get sick. Now that's the crap you should be quoting & worried about, not some lame ass lie you make up on the spot.
do_it_for_8belle s

Somerville, TN

#14 Jul 30, 2008
This is the comment I'm referring to as bullshit.
And since you seemed to agree with it, that's why I responded to you. But if you are not guilty of abuse or making assenine statements as this, why are you defending those who do??
PDean wrote:
do_it_for_8belle s

Somerville, TN

#15 Jul 30, 2008
I am one also, but abuse,exploitation & slaughtering of animal for human consumption is so ingrained into our society as being the 'norm or acceptable' behavior that sometimes it's the animal advocates or vegetarians who are viewed as the ones to fear, or the animal rights nuts or liberal maniacs as a poster above somewhere so thoughtfully accused me of being. Thats' the only point I'm trying to make is it's all ass backward.
Your conscience wrote:
I've been a vegetarian for 3 years.No animal is beheaded to keep me going.
do_it_for_8belle s

Somerville, TN

#16 Jul 30, 2008
I agree & some continue after they are grown. Example, the marine who thought it was hilarious to take a cute black & white puppy & throw it off a steep cliff to it's death in Iraq while his friend filmed the big joke. The whole cruel act with them laughing as the Marine tossed the terrorized puppy over the cliff wound up being viewed by everyone on utube. People were horrified and the "Marine" was eventually expelled with a dishonorable discharge with the help of a Peta petition and the utter disgust of the public. This sad excuse for a soldier & his equally pathetic friend were supposed to be brave patriots serving our country but were nothing but sadistic cowards.

AntiFlag wrote:
Military types are the ones who tortured animals when they were kids.

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#17 Jul 30, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
This is the comment I'm referring to as bullshit.
And since you seemed to agree with it, that's why I responded to you. But if you are not guilty of abuse or making assenine statements as this, why are you defending those who do??
<quoted text>
sorry dear, but i sleep well @ night and am happy to greet myself in the mirror every morning. my neutered/spayed rescued dogs & i live a good life. i'm happy to support local animal shelters in my community. the military program referenced provides vital, lifesaving training to combat medics and surgeons. you are absolutely clueless if you don't believe that human lives are saved everyday by similar training. these soldiers are not just gratuitously killing for sport. peta, on the other hand, spends big bucks on slick marketing campaigns then dumps dogs into dumpsters. get over yourself and your self righteous attitude.

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#18 Jul 30, 2008
do_it_for_8belles wrote:
So let me ask you this then....Do you have med-alert bracelet or tattoo forgoing all medical care. Since almost every single thing in an ambulance or ER has been tested on animals you should happily "walk what you talk".

So ever been to an ER? Ever been treated in an ambulance? Ever had children, and received medication? Ever been to the dentist and had a shot of novacane? What do you take when you have a headache? Ever put any type of ointment on a cut to help it heal faster?

If you were in an accident would you refuse treatment if you were going to die, if they were going to use medicine on you that was tested on anmimals? Would you die for your cause?

I doubt any of you would, and I'm sure that all of you have done at least one of the above mentioned things...so let's be honest now...it's ok, you can say that your a "hyprocrite"!

And as for your lie about "no animal experiment ever saved a human life" comment let me remind you...Without the use of animals in research, many doctors and scientists say, treatments or cures for tuberculosis, polio, diabetes, cystic fibrosis, smallpox, and other life-threatening diseases would not exist.

TRUE STORY!
Snowraider

UK

#19 Jul 30, 2008
I hope god,mother nature takes every black heart that fired a bullet at these animals to hells door when thier times up.
Cerberus

Southampton, UK

#20 Jul 30, 2008
PDean wrote:
Explain your statement....dont just make statements which beg the question....

“Hunter and Proud of it!”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#21 Jul 30, 2008
Your conscience wrote:
I've been a vegetarian for 3 years.No animal is beheaded to keep me going.
So riddle me this Batman....Tell me about the myriad of vegan type food recalls such as brussel sprouts & spinach where folks actually died. Just imagine how much greater those recalls would be if the vegans weren't demanding their food not be covered in RAT FECES and body parts. Not a word about all the rats that get knocked off with no animal welfare laws protecting them. Not a word about the 39 billion dollar pesticide industry that kills billions of sentient beings right in the crop fields and then their bodies decay on the FOOD they eat. Not a word about the fires that roar through sugar cane fields burning millions of animals every year before the cane is harvested. Not a word about the billions of animal deaths by heavy machinery plowing ,tilling, harrowing, spraying, planting, spraying again, Spraying again & then harvesting of crops. Many hypocrites live among us but Vegans are just about the most self serving obnoxious hypocrites there are. Not a welfare law in those billions crop food deaths and they weep over 29 sentient beings that couldn't walk to their death. It was wrong that those 29 animals were not shot dead on the truck and hoisted off the truck at a mink ranch. However the regulators are checking into those actions and the cost is going to be born by the lost revenue and license of the packers. How many welfare laws are there in VEGAN crop productions? How often do you hear VEGANS crying over their deaths???

You want to talk about hyprocrisy, vegan and Hypocrisy are synonyms for obvious collateral reasons. They will whine about that assessment but the truth is obvious though they will PRETEND to be OBLIVIOUS to the truth.

TRUE STORY!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 136
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what BROTHER WEASE CARES foundation will NOT p... (May '12) 3 hr Slammer 61
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" CANCELLED by TLC 7 hr LeroyJones shoelaces 12
Another White Kid Goes Postal in a High School 7 hr LeroyJones shoelaces 13
Kitten Rescued from Vacant House Fire 7 hr Diamond Daisy 8
Monroe County Veterans Discount Card 10 hr nickbo13 4
Pittsford says no to tattoo parlor 14 hr call1176 1
Pittsford Says No Tattoo Parlor 15 hr Pumpkin Roit 10
Rochester Dating
Find my Match

Rochester Jobs