Kodak's Rochester, NY workforce dips ...

Kodak's Rochester, NY workforce dips below 2,500

There are 7 comments on the Business Journal story from Mar 21, 2014, titled Kodak's Rochester, NY workforce dips below 2,500. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Eastman Kodak Co., which once had 60,000 employees in the Rochester, NY area, now has fewer than 2,500.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

benDover

Naples, NY

#1 Mar 24, 2014
Is any one surprised???
Peter

Rochester, NY

#2 Mar 24, 2014
benDover wrote:
Is any one surprised???
Same time next year: dips to 500.

Poor saps that are still there have a very short run. Hope they're saving every dollar.
The big yellow box

Alden, NY

#3 Mar 24, 2014
What a shame for our city. In the early 80s over 60000 people worked there boy those were the days. No wonder why our city is in the dumps as a city you simply cant replace the good paying jobs that were lost.
burdee

Maine, NY

#4 Mar 24, 2014
I heard more layoffs today 3\24...
Prolonging the inevitable long enough for the corporate office schmucks - crooks to rake in as much cash as possible till they close for good!
And they all have no conscience.
Makes me mad.
burdee

Maine, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2014
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Same time next year: dips to 500.
Poor saps that are still there have a very short run. Hope they're saving every dollar.
The saps are the factory\ labor workers. I do feel dorry for them for being led by the big offices of crooks moving the numbers in their pockets, oh... i mean favor.
The corp office people are nothing but high paid crooks.( not just at Kodak either)
Peter

Rochester, NY

#6 Mar 24, 2014
burdee wrote:
<quoted text>
The saps are the factory\ labor workers. I do feel dorry for them for being led by the big offices of crooks moving the numbers in their pockets, oh... i mean favor.
The corp office people are nothing but high paid crooks.( not just at Kodak either)
I think people assumed that from my post. But thanks for clarifying my position.

Not all corporate governance is bad, but proles like you have an attitude, so no matter what they do, they're suspect (in your mind). If you could do a better job, gen up a resume up and convince someone you can manage. Earn the big bucks and move out of the trailer park.

Just a blanket statement that all managers are incompetent crooks is ignorant, and makes you sound ridiculous. The incompetent crooks are mostly at Kodak.
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#7 Mar 24, 2014
Can Chapter 7 be far behind??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
General Kelly is Absolutely Magnificent! 26 min IescapedNY 9
new hit song debut on topix!!!! 59 min Bruce popper 1
the monica era on topix is over 2 hr Bruce popper 3
Lakeland Florida 2 hr Monica 62
Florida LEO's On Full Alert 2 hr Monica 11
Save Your Breath President Bush(43) 2 hr Monica 9
Mrs fake IescapedNY Florida edition is Irate 2 hr Monica 26

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance