1960's Rochester Bands

Posted in the Rochester Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just D

Livonia, NY

#1 Jan 29, 2009
The guy asking the question about the Bars of the 70's got me to thinking.What ever happened to the members of The Quirks, The Herd, Showstoppers, Oxford Watchband, Brass Buttons, etc.? There was alot of talent back then. I know Don Potter (Showstoppers) has his own Christian ministry now, and Bat McGrath (Showstoppers) is still in the area-Naples I think, The Invictas are still jammin on occasion. I remember Lou Grammitico (Lou Gramm)was in (i think) Black Sheep(?) and his brother Benny played drums AND trumpet "the same time!!" with (again, I think) the Oxford Watchband. It would be great to have some of these guys get back together again at one of the old clubs, wouldn't it?
melvin chisel

Des Moines, IA

#2 Jan 29, 2009
Bristol Mt., was it Wilmer Alexander and the Dukes? Thanks for a fun post, brought back a lot of memories!

“The Wise One”

Since: Sep 07

The Heart of the Heartland

#3 Jan 29, 2009
Ristix...
Typical Blimp...

“The Wise One”

#4 Jan 29, 2009
Make that... Rustix
Just D

Livonia, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2009
Wow...Bristol Mountain... I saw the Skycoasters there for the first time...geesh, had to be back in the early 80's. I drove up there in a bad blizzard...the place was packed!! Their music was great. They played alot of those songs that we just kind of forgot about from the 60's and 70's. I went to see them anytime I could after that. They're still together but they're trying to play newer stuff. I'm not crazy about seeing older guys playing newer songs. I think that's the reason the younger kids(12-15 yrs old) are relating to them. But, it's only my opinion.
Lucia Moleno

Rochester, NY

#6 Jan 31, 2009
mrbobf wrote:
Ristix...
Typical Blimp...
learntospelluidiot

“The Wise One”

#7 Jan 31, 2009
Lucia Moleno wrote:
<quoted text>
learntospelluidiot
FU
Lucia Moleno

Rochester, NY

#8 Jan 31, 2009
mrbobf wrote:
<quoted text>
FU
wow aren't u a genius -
Just D

Livonia, NY

#9 Feb 2, 2009
Isn't it great to have a nice forum and have a rocket scientist like lucia moleno come back with comments that actually prove that he (or she) is a moron. PS what kin of name is Lucia anyways?
Robert Filardo

Rochester, NY

#10 Feb 2, 2009
My dad released a 45 single called "At The Beach" b/w "Summer's Comin" on Centaur Records in 1964 under the name Bobby Francis from Newark, NY.

FYI
judy

Rochester, NY

#11 Feb 14, 2009
mrbobf wrote:
Ristix...
Typical Blimp...
You've made my husband's morning!(Poncho drummer from Typical Blimp!) Happy Valentine's Day
kevin knapp

Rochester, NY

#12 Feb 16, 2009
one of my favorite bands back then was "the trackers"they were an absolutely fabulous cover band.you thought you were listening to the young rascals or vanilla fudge when they played.....ahhh the old days.....
Kelli

Rochester, NY

#13 Feb 16, 2009
Anyone care to help me out with any Webster musicians that are still in the area? I am working on a feature about a band member of Toots and Maytals, and they supposedly own a store in Webster...
Just D

Livonia, NY

#14 Feb 16, 2009
Does anyone remember a band called Main Squeeze? How about Stage 3? Ck out this link for all the answers.(look closely for a popular newscaster. http://www.kitnelson.com/thequirks.html

“The Wise One”

#15 Feb 16, 2009
judy wrote:
<quoted text>You've made my husband's morning!(Poncho drummer from Typical Blimp!) Happy Valentine's Day
I still own a bass amp from a Typical Blimp with their name painted on it...
Luigi

Columbus, OH

#16 Nov 29, 2009
Lou Gramm also was a singer with Poor heart ( I have the album) and I grew up with all of these groups as well as seeing many of them . I am a musician in Rochester until 1993 prior to relocating to Virginia where I perform regularly. You forgot to mention Wilmer and the Dukes, and the Rustix. I performed with the top band in 1979- 84 "Vegas"
Luigi

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 29, 2009
Gee don't I know you? You performed with a member from the Trackers.
Luigi

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 29, 2009
kevin knapp wrote:
one of my favorite bands back then was "the trackers"they were an absolutely fabulous cover band.you thought you were listening to the young rascals or vanilla fudge when they played.....ahhh the old days.....
I know you. You are a musician that had the drummer of the Trackers in one of your bands.
Luigi

Columbus, OH

#19 Nov 29, 2009
Lucia Moleno wrote:
<quoted text>
wow aren't u a genius -
I guess there is a jerk in every forum, you got the prize
Luigi

Columbus, OH

#20 Nov 29, 2009
Robert Filardo wrote:
My dad released a 45 single called "At The Beach" b/w "Summer's Comin" on Centaur Records in 1964 under the name Bobby Francis from Newark, NY.
FYI
Did you live near PS #39?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2 apes arrested 2 hr Rhonda 5
Cubans in Miami slam Obama 'betrayal' after his... 2 hr Rhonda 6
black Oxycotin ring leader sentenced 4 hr FTW Forever 3
Thankyou Police Body Cameras 6 hr AllEyesOnYOU 1
Is Brother wease el a liberal 7 hr Rhonda 15
The American Justice System by whites for whites 7 hr Whitey 19
Whitey Will Try To Sabatoge Cuba 7 hr Ezra 3
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web