Diversity In the RPD
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Rochester, NY

#2 Aug 20, 2014
RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
And having a city of close to 50 percent black and a police force of 8 percent black is diversity?
I'm surprised they could get that many through the criminal background check. Stop whining.
Sandra

Rochester, NY

#4 Aug 20, 2014
Is it just me, or is everybody sick of hearing about diversity? We should be a country based strictly on quality (like the Japanese or Germans), not what color a person is.

Link employment and promotion decisions to competence, educational training and experience. Too many people are in positions they can't handle due to diversity feel-good decisions. It's ruining our country.
Devonte

Rochester, NY

#5 Aug 20, 2014
Diversity is important to keeping the playing field level. Otherwise, we would be totally ignored. You know it, we know it.
Devonte

Rochester, NY

#7 Aug 20, 2014
South Wedge Tarded Phony wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is blacks CAN'T compete on a level playing field..
Yes. Unless there are safeguards in place, racism will prevent qualified blacks from being kpromoted. We all know that racism runs rampant in local and state government, it's not a secret. We're discriminated against daily, hourly, by the minute. Whites don't like the idea of working for smart(er) black bosses. That's a fact.

Would you personally want to work for a black man, who would make decisions that could effect your career?
Cold hard facts

Rochester, NY

#9 Aug 20, 2014
In order to become a cop you have to place high on an entrance exam and pass a criminal background check and psychological assessment - that's 3 strikes against the overwhelming majority of cullerds.

Now the ones who do have the ability to get that far, usually dont want to go thru the hassle. They fear being rejected by their own homies and peers for being sellouts, uncle toms and ho-hos because they will be arresting their own. They think they are race traitors.
So instead they go and take white collar jobs that doesnt put them in a position to threaten the black community.

Just like Native Americans who become Reservation cops are held with disdain by many in their own tribe.
Joey

Rochester, NY

#10 Aug 20, 2014
Cold hard facts wrote:
In order to become a cop you have to place high on an entrance exam
Do they dumb down the test for minorities, to give them a chance? Or just not bother testing them?
Devonte

Rochester, NY

#11 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Over the years I have worked for several black men. Only one was qualified for the job. The rest were diversity placement tokens and everyone including them knew it...
Next question?
I would take a token job if it meant more money and authority. It's would be providing for my kids, and enjoying some of the perks that come with higher income. I'm not to proud to turn down higher bucks for any reason. Diversity makes me nearly fireproof. That's not a bad thing. Any hassles can be turned into a civil rights violation.
Devonte

Rochester, NY

#13 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Interesting and very, very sad!
What's sad? It's dog eat dog. If I can one up someone else, and a door opens for me, I'm going through it.

Because we're discriminated against, I'll use ever tool our federal government affords me. If a white guy gets passed over by me, I don't care. He wouldn't move aside for me - and I'm sure not worrying about him. Grow up. It's a new world out there. I'm not losing any sleep. Sometimes you have to go with the flow, and if that's diversity, bring it on.
Devonte

Rochester, NY

#15 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Diversity has destroyed many companys nation wide. Several right here in Rochester.
In the late 90s, when I was in junior high school, Xerox was the company that was known to be heavily trying to attract minorities - women, Hispanics and African-Americans. They hired a lot of minorities, at the exclusion of white hiring, according to a relative that worked there. She couldn't believe it, but she got a couple of other family members in. They were importing minorities (like engineers and marketing types) from all over the country, and paying to move them here.

Forward to 2014, Xerox is still doing well and turning a profit --- and the heavy duty minority hiring push didn't have a negative impact.

Then look at Kodak, a lazy lily white company that had no vision or strategy. They got their butt handed to them. Rumor on the street is they still have no product, and its only a matter of time until the close the doors for good.

So diversity doesn't destroy companies, it makes them stronger. Right here in Rochester.
Sam

Rochester, NY

#16 Aug 20, 2014
Devonte wrote:
<quoted text>
In the late 90s, when I was in junior high school, Xerox was the company that was known to be heavily trying to attract minorities - women, Hispanics and African-Americans. They hired a lot of minorities, at the exclusion of white hiring, according to a relative that worked there. She couldn't believe it, but she got a couple of other family members in. They were importing minorities (like engineers and marketing types) from all over the country, and paying to move them here.
Forward to 2014, Xerox is still doing well and turning a profit --- and the heavy duty minority hiring push didn't have a negative impact.
Then look at Kodak, a lazy lily white company that had no vision or strategy. They got their butt handed to them. Rumor on the street is they still have no product, and its only a matter of time until the close the doors for good.
So diversity doesn't destroy companies, it makes them stronger. Right here in Rochester.
I would prefer to advance on my own merit, not leverage policies that remove the achievement component.

You're right about Xerox, but I think if you ask current and former employees, they would tell you that big push was ill conceived, and cost the company a lot off the bottom line. We got some real winners in between 1995 and 2003, most have booked it. That program caused a lot of headaches for a lot of managers. It was not looked favorably on.
Tamicka

Rochester, NY

#17 Aug 20, 2014
Diversity programs are our only hope, because the man doesn't want to see us get ahead. We need the protection that President Johnson signed into law. As far as I am concerned, Lyndon Johnson was our greatest president, and opened the floodgates for us.
south wedge

United States

#18 Aug 20, 2014
Devonte wrote:
<quoted text>
Devonte, you are replying to a bigot who not only doesn't believe in diversity, but also believes in segregation. You should see his comments on here at times and his millions of usernames he uses.

Kudos on a great response. You nailed it and knocked the crap out of him without even trying to do so.
Sam

Rochester, NY

#20 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>
When we finally get more then 50 percent of the police to be black, we are going to arrest all the whites for everything and anything just to give them all a criminal record so they will no longer be able to pass the background check to become a cop.
That will happen in about 2635. You won't be around to comment on it. And anyway, between Ebola, Sickle Cell Anemia, AIDS and heroin, it might be a moot point.
Sam

Rochester, NY

#21 Aug 20, 2014
<quoted text>
When we finally get more then 50 percent of the police to be black, we are going to arrest all the whites for everything and anything just to give them all a criminal record so they will no longer be able to pass the background check to become a cop.
Oh, and don't forget Type I and II Diabetes due to excess weight. There won't be enough of you left for a bowling team.
Cold hard facts

Rochester, NY

#23 Aug 20, 2014
Well, it is called BLACK tar heroin for a reason

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#24 Aug 20, 2014
http://13wham.com/news/feature s/top-stories/stories/why-dive rsity-matters-police-departmen ts-14970.shtml
They brag about having a record year in hiring the number of blacks this this year after all the years they didn't hardly hire any blacks?? That's something to brag about??
And having a city of close to 50 percent black and a police force of 8 percent black is diversity?
""""The majority of its residents are African-American, with an almost all white police force. That's not the case in Rochester,""" ""
REALLY???????
Some people in the RPD dont even live in Monroe County. Thats sad!
Edgar

Rochester, NY

#26 Aug 21, 2014
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, who cares.

Secondly, this is a thread about diversity in the RPD. As usual, you have contributed nothing. Your comment is completely off topic. Are you just brain dead?
BillT

Rochester, NY

#27 Aug 21, 2014
Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, who cares.
Secondly, this is a thread about diversity in the RPD. As usual, you have contributed nothing. Your comment is completely off topic. Are you just brain dead?
Thank you. Couldn't have put it better.
Claudia

Rochester, NY

#28 Aug 21, 2014
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's sad? You're sad... and a big jerk.
Wyatt Krakur

Rochester, NY

#29 Aug 21, 2014
Tamicka wrote:
Diversity programs are our only hope, because the man doesn't want to see us get ahead. We need the protection that President Johnson signed into law. As far as I am concerned, Lyndon Johnson was our greatest president, and opened the floodgates for us.
1964 civil rights act did little for the black man....other than allowing access to government housing and welfare.....things poor whites had been receiving for years....it did almost nothing more then re-enslave nearly 40% of us for life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CrimeStoppers has $10,000 reward in Boys & Girl... 5 hr clueless 62
News I left both Christianity and Islam behind: "It ... 7 hr I-spit-on-your-an... 9
Bill Carpenter the RTS CEO Talks a Load of Poop 8 hr Dumb Skulls 2
Man Up Group Hugs RCSD Students 9 hr Wendell 1
Huomo Cuomo assigns 12 investigators to campus ... 10 hr Misty 2
News Bright Spot: Toni Bianchi 12 hr Geeez 2
Frozen corn recalled for Listeria 12 hr Gobbledygook 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages