Details to be announced for Clean Swe...

Details to be announced for Clean Sweep 2013

There are 23 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester story from Apr 15, 2013, titled Details to be announced for Clean Sweep 2013. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester reports that:

Mayor Tom Richards and City Council Member Dana Miller will announce the 2013 Rochester "Clean Sweep," annual spring cleaning and neighborhood beautification program Monday, April 15 at 9:30 a.m. Each year, thousands of volunteers show their pride for Rochester by participating in the "Clean Sweep" program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Steel City Steelers

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 15, 2013
Most of the volunteers are from the burbs. Wonder if Crotchety will complain about the suburbanites coming in and picking up her people's garbage? Methinks not!

IescapedNY

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Suburbanites should let city people clean their own city and maybe they will learn something from it.
If suburbanites want to feel good about something they should start identifying areas in their own neighborhoods that could use a little touch up and clean them on the clean sweep dates.
Biracial one

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2013
Steel City Steelers wrote:
Most of the volunteers are from the burbs. Wonder if Crotchety will complain about the suburbanites coming in and picking up her people's garbage? Methinks not!
You are speaking your opinion and your opinion only. It is also a strong racist opinion and how dare you say HER PEOPLE'S GARBAGE?! Listen how you sound. Do you think you know about city people and blacks because you have a token black friend who teaches in the city and have a worthless scanner?! You know nothing except bigotry. You and your friend the OP can just fall off the face of the earth.
Sam Walton

Rochester, NY

#5 Apr 15, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking your opinion and your opinion only.
Hasn't your alleged college taught you to be net when writing inflammatory opinions? Didn't Topix 302 cover this?

Steel City Steelers

Location hidden

#6 Apr 15, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
Suburbanites should let city people clean their own city and maybe they will learn something from it.
If suburbanites want to feel good about something they should start identifying areas in their own neighborhoods that could use a little touch up and clean them on the clean sweep dates.
In my neighborhood, we all pick up our own garbage. Typically the only garbage we have is when it is windy and things blow out of the recycle bins or little things like gum wrappers, etc. We also have contests for flower displays, halloween and Christmas decorations. We have a very strong neighborhood association and it clearly shows.

Steel City Steelers

Location hidden

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking your opinion and your opinion only. It is also a strong racist opinion and how dare you say HER PEOPLE'S GARBAGE?! Listen how you sound. Do you think you know about city people and blacks because you have a token black friend who teaches in the city and have a worthless scanner?! You know nothing except bigotry. You and your friend the OP can just fall off the face of the earth.
Now, now, Stanky Pants, temper, temper, temper. LOL! FACT--most people who volunteer for Clean Sweep are from the suburbs. FACT-most people who trash the city streets are minorities. I have a "token black friend", huh? You know NOTHING about me or my friends for that matter. I am soooo very sick and tired of Crotchety's anti-white rants that I have most certainly taken it up a notch. Keep defending her. Speaks volumes about your character or lack thereof. My "scanner" is accessible for all to hear...online or through an app. on a Non-Obama phone (because I don't think they can access those apps...I could be wrong on that). My scanner speaks the absolute, unedited truth about daily police activity in the city and surrounding suburbs. Why don't you give it a try? Enlighten yourself. You can't sweep the scanner activity under the rug like our liberal local news does.
Westsider

Batavia, NY

#8 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
In my neighborhood, we all pick up our own garbage. Typically the only garbage we have is when it is windy and things blow out of the recycle bins or little things like gum wrappers, etc. We also have contests for flower displays, halloween and Christmas decorations. We have a very strong neighborhood association and it clearly shows.
Spot on. When the snow thawed in the burbs growing up, it didn't look like a sh!t hole.

IescapedNY

Location hidden

#9 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
As do most Suburban,Town & Village people, thats why I said "could use a little touch up"

Many Suburban kids are forced to take part because they have to do so much volunteer work in order to graduate. Yes I said "graduate"

IescapedNY

Location hidden

#10 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>Now, now, Stanky Pants, temper, temper, temper. LOL! FACT--most people who volunteer for Clean Sweep are from the suburbs. FACT-most people who trash the city streets are minorities. I have a "token black friend", huh? You know NOTHING about me or my friends for that matter. I am soooo very sick and tired of Crotchety's anti-white rants that I have most certainly taken it up a notch. Keep defending her. Speaks volumes about your character or lack thereof. My "scanner" is accessible for all to hear...online or through an app. on a Non-Obama phone (because I don't think they can access those apps...I could be wrong on that). My scanner speaks the absolute, unedited truth about daily police activity in the city and surrounding suburbs. Why don't you give it a try? Enlighten yourself. You can't sweep the scanner activity under the rug like our liberal local news does.
SCS

Maybe if Biracial one would start being nice for a change you could let him be your half "token black friend"

Just a thought

Steel City Steelers

Location hidden

#11 Apr 15, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
SCS
Maybe if Biracial one would start being nice for a change you could let him be your half "token black friend"
Just a thought
LOL! Good one!
rePIGpublican

Rochester, NY

#12 Apr 15, 2013
That is blaspemy, missy doll! I live in the city and I volunteer in my neighborhood and the rest of the quadrants! I know many of the volunteers and they reside in the city! Black, whites, hispanics, etc! Spoken just like a suburban dweller! What do you care anyways who cleans up the neighborhood? Are you out there helping? I didn't think so! You suburban dwellers think you are so much high and mighty! Again, like I told you in the past, people should not apologize for being human, but you should apologize for putting down a class of people because they are not who you would like them to be. When you are knocking city folks, you are knocking me and everyone else who lives there. You suburban republicans have to bring your racism to the internet. As a white male, I am ashamed of people like you, IescapeNY (he's ignorant) and Pigpen! You people live shallow lives, and the sad part is that most of you don't realize it, even if you can help it! You got some nerve! Oh, by the way, I assume you been appointed to the urban violent crime watcher with that scanner you speak of? Well, if that's all you got going on in your life, it sucks to be you!

I am sure you're not married. I could tell.
rePIGpublican

Rochester, NY

#13 Apr 15, 2013
Grady Stiles wrote:
Hopefully it will involve a giant bulldozer.
Make sure it points directly at your home.
rePIGpublican

Rochester, NY

#14 Apr 15, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
As do most Suburban,Town & Village people, thats why I said "could use a little touch up"
Many Suburban kids are forced to take part because they have to do so much volunteer work in order to graduate. Yes I said "graduate"
You can't speak for the whole suburban population, pal. Us city folks strive for the same goals too. Too bad you are a shallow republican that does not know any better!
rePIGpublican

Rochester, NY

#15 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>
In other words, you are "too perfect" It's attitudes like yours is the reason why I don't like suburban living. I have a nice home and nice neighborhood, and it's in the city! we do have homes and neighborhood watches like yours, you know!

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#16 Apr 15, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
If suburbanites want to feel good about something they should start identifying
If those suburbanites really wanted to do something spectacular they should WORK in their own neighborhoods too.

This way city people could have the jobs they need!!!!!!!!!!
Abdul

Rochester, NY

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Dear Mr. CapriceClassic,

Please explain why suburbanites want to steal cleaning jobs from dwellers of the city? Is there money involved? I am confused why suburbanites are trying to invade your city to steal city dweller jobs. In my country this kind of stealing is tribal. Do you have warlords who start these territorial wars? Does this happen only here, or throughout your great and wonderful country?
Biracial one

United States

#19 Apr 15, 2013
Steel City got spanked in this thread! lol

Steel City Steelers

Location hidden

#20 Apr 15, 2013
Biracial one wrote:
Steel City got spanked in this thread! lol
How so, Stanky Pants? And by whom? Methinks NOT! Nice try though. The Clean Sweeps are done by mainly white suburbanite do-gooders. Period. Fact. Mainly High School kids who have to fulfill their 40 hour community service requirement for Citizens in Action. Which is now a mandatory requirement to graduate. Fyi. ;)

Steel City Steelers

Location hidden

#21 Apr 15, 2013
IescapedNY wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! Spot on, Escaped!
Biracial one

United States

#22 Apr 15, 2013
<quoted text>How so, Stanky Pants? And by whom? Methinks NOT! Nice try though. The Clean Sweeps are done by mainly white suburbanite do-gooders. Period. Fact. Mainly High School kids who have to fulfill their 40 hour community service requirement for Citizens in Action. Which is now a mandatory requirement to graduate. Fyi. ;)
This is a matter of a racist opinion. Your opinion. And repigpublican spanked you down, chicken! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump to provide update on path forward in Afgh... 24 min pretend helicopte... 11
Trump Campaign Hiring Black Actors at $10/hr 27 min pretend helicopte... 16
Bannon Thinks Trump Will Fail 2 hr IescapedNY 17
News Video: Man who assaulted 82-year old Upstate NY... 2 hr IescapedNY 2
News Father of Fairport assault suspect: "He needs h... 7 hr IescapedNY 1
Rachel Barnhart is just looking for a job 7 hr IescapedNY 57
Yourapeein-American Arrested for Peeing on Peop... 7 hr HeavyMetal 1

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages