Police kill man after hostage situation in Hilton

Full story: WHEC-TV Rochester, NY

Greece police officers shot and killed a man in Hilton early Saturday morning after the man pointed the gun at them, refusing to put it down.
Comments
121 - 135 of 135 Comments Last updated Dec 23, 2009
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Chelsea Lorraine

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Dec 21, 2009
 
I knew the Millers very well and Paul would never hurt a soul... in fact he was one of the only men that i trusted. I cant believe this happened he was such a good person and would never hurt a soul. I think he panicked and hes only thought was to point the gun at the officers but I dont think he would ever shoot.
Greece

Alden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Dec 21, 2009
 
This is what SWAT is for - these 2 GPD officers - where did they come from - rpd?
Richard Mahoney

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Dec 21, 2009
 
like we will really ever know the truth!! poor guy was depressed drunk acting like a retart. i guess the living here in rochester is shoot first ask questions later. everyone in this town are gun freaks i think they watch too much news and think everyone is out to get them.
yogie

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Dec 21, 2009
 
Debbie Carroll wrote:
the police are trained marksmen......could the officer possibly have shot the distraute man in the arm, to cause him to drop the gun?
Trained to shoot center mass. And it worked...he dropped the gun.
Richard Mahoney

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Dec 21, 2009
 
well maybe they should train them to shoot at an arm or leg. and why shoot two bullets. isnt one enough??
Victor survivor

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#147
Dec 21, 2009
 
hilton kids need counciling most can not believe the killer of the Cervini kid got off scott free he was well liked.the law needs to be changed ihave read an interpitation that only approperate & necessary force be used and the killeer must proove it was absoltuly necessary time foe nys to get tougher on the scotts.
now this the kids are hurting merry X-mas scott you hurt alot of people
Hockey_Hater

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#148
Dec 21, 2009
 
Chelsea Lorraine wrote:
I knew the Millers very well and Paul would never hurt a soul... in fact he was one of the only men that i trusted. I cant believe this happened he was such a good person and would never hurt a soul. I think he panicked and hes only thought was to point the gun at the officers but I dont think he would ever shoot.
Well, it looks like you didn't know him that well, as he put many people at risk driving drunk and running around with a gun in hand.
Ron Mexico

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#149
Dec 21, 2009
 
Victor survivor wrote:
hilton kids need counciling most can not believe the killer of the Cervini kid got off scott free he was well liked.the law needs to be changed ihave read an interpitation that only approperate & necessary force be used and the killeer must proove it was absoltuly necessary time foe nys to get tougher on the scotts.
now this the kids are hurting merry X-mas scott you hurt alot of people
Look it! The burden of proof lies on the prosecution, not the defense. You should be more upset with ADA Pinocchio for letting him go "Scott free" because she didn't make her case.
keith

Victor, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#150
Dec 21, 2009
 
Hockey_Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it looks like you didn't know him that well, as he put many people at risk driving drunk and running around with a gun in hand.
I will remember Paul Miller but not like this,I worked with him and admired him for being thoughtful person.I dont know what happened to him in the last couple of years of his life but putting him down now serves no useful purpose.
Really

Brockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#151
Dec 21, 2009
 
Richard Mahoney wrote:
well maybe they should train them to shoot at an arm or leg. and why shoot two bullets. isnt one enough??
It's so sad to hear all the people bashing the police. None of you were there or know what was going threw Miller's head at that time. The police are trainned to act upon reaction. One,two or one hundred bullets..... does it really matter?? Miller was from what i'm learning about him was a great guy. Great people can do bad things as well. Miller made a choice to drink and drive and put the life's of everyone on the road at risk... if he killed someone then you all would ne saying "Where were the police to stop this guy". All you police haters are always the first to dial 911 when your "blank" is in trouble and want them to do whatever it takes. It's sad it happened. I can promise that the police do not go to work thinking how they can shoot someone and get away with it... bad people do and the police protect people like us from those evil people. Miller made a bad choice but it dosn't make him a bad person. The police did their job that night
Leroy Jones

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#152
Dec 21, 2009
 
Paul is a white suburban criminal.
Great job to the officers that took care of his silliness.
Melkor

Holley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#153
Dec 21, 2009
 
julie wrote:
I feel sorry for the cops who had to shoot him. I know a few cops and none of them ever want to have to draw their gun. It's a hard, dangerous job.
Yeah, right. They were probably giving each other high fives and joking about it. "Hey, did you see that son of a ***** twitching on the ground after I shot him? Haha." There are plenty of videos of police doing these sorts of things, fyi.

One of the cops involved just so happened to be involved in shooting someone else 1 year and 1 month ago. Amazing coincidence, isn't it? He's like a serial killer. He did it once, and liked how it felt. So after a cooling off period of a little over a year, he went and found a second victim.

Btw, police isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous job list.
BBD

Elba, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#154
Dec 22, 2009
 
Melkor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, right. They were probably giving each other high fives and joking about it. "Hey, did you see that son of a ***** twitching on the ground after I shot him? Haha." There are plenty of videos of police doing these sorts of things, fyi.
One of the cops involved just so happened to be involved in shooting someone else 1 year and 1 month ago. Amazing coincidence, isn't it? He's like a serial killer. He did it once, and liked how it felt. So after a cooling off period of a little over a year, he went and found a second victim.
Btw, police isn't even in the top 10 most dangerous job list.
reminds me of how r. scott and his friends were acting after his verdict, laughing and carrying on. I bet r. scott will turn out to be a serial killer also; he tasted blood and he will want it again.

“My POV”

Since: Feb 08

Rochester area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#155
Dec 22, 2009
 
You guys can't be serious! The last thing a cop wants to do is fire his gun--just think of all the paperwork! However, you point a gun at a cop, you will get shot and probably killed--it's your choice. They didn't put the gun in his hand and say "Do you feel lucky?". This was a clear case of suicide by cop, no matter why Mr. Miller snapped. Don't blame the cops for his actions.
uknow

West Mifflin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#156
Dec 23, 2009
 
no sheep here wrote:
I feel sorry for both the man's family as well as the two Greece Police Officers who did what they had to do. It can not be easy for any of them, especially this time of year.
Here should be the BIG question. Why in the world wasn't this alleged drunken motorist taken to the Monroe County Jail to be processed and sobered up? Why was he provided a taxi ride home after committing his crime?
He did get brought down to jail and unlike you he was able to post his own bail and get out. if you dont know Paul then u would think that he was crazy but you dont so just think if your wife or husband was a nice person (like Paul was) you would not think that this would happen to your family but guess what bad things happen to good people. My love goes out to Ginny and the family I love you and I will be here for you guys any time you need me. LOVE YOU

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rochester Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••