How to STOP Welfare

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 Apr 12, 2013
This is a MUST read for all concern with our economy.......

A litany of advantages accrues to the business world through the legal system. The wealthiest Americans are the main beneficiaries of tax laws, property rights, zoning rules, patent and copyright provisions, trade pacts, antitrust legislation, and contract regulations. Their companies benefit, despite their publicly voiced objections to regulatory agencies, from SBA and SEC guidelines that generally favor business, and from FDA and USDA quality control measures that minimize consumer complaints and product recalls.

http://www.alternet.org/corporate-accountabil...

CapriceClassic

#2 Apr 12, 2013
MOST of the jobs that were here are gone, gone, gone, gone.

The last to get hired and first to get fired usually feel it 1ST --FACT!

Since: Mar 13

Livonia, NY

#3 Apr 12, 2013
This is the very reason people like Thomas Jefferson believed the country should be an agrarian and sustenance based economy.I would be all for it, but all of you who complain about the current state of things have to realize this is the only way our creature comfort,gadget filled,consumer culture cannot exist.Things can be different but say goodbye to your t.v.,computers,cell phones,and every other piece of crap people feel they have to have to live.If you hate corporations and bureaucrats get ready to work in the fields and not have all these toys you love.Greedy corporations exist and government supports them because the sheep want what only evil provides.

Since: Feb 13

Canandaigua, NY

#4 Apr 12, 2013
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
This is the very reason people like Thomas Jefferson believed the country should be an agrarian and sustenance based economy.I would be all for it, but all of you who complain about the current state of things have to realize this is the only way our creature comfort,gadget filled,consumer culture cannot exist.Things can be different but say goodbye to your t.v.,computers,cell phones,and every other piece of crap people feel they have to have to live.If you hate corporations and bureaucrats get ready to work in the fields and not have all these toys you love.Greedy corporations exist and government supports them because the sheep want what only evil provides.
Well said!!!

Livonia, NY

#5 Apr 12, 2013
maxsab wrote:
<quoted text>Well said!!!
C.C. and Babyboy will say it is meaningless and stupid spew in 109 8 7

Since: Apr 13

United States

#6 Apr 12, 2013
CapriceClassic wrote:
This is a MUST read for all concern with our economy.......
A litany of advantages accrues to the business world through the legal system. The wealthiest Americans are the main beneficiaries of tax laws, property rights, zoning rules, patent and copyright provisions, trade pacts, antitrust legislation, and contract regulations. Their companies benefit, despite their publicly voiced objections to regulatory agencies, from SBA and SEC guidelines that generally favor business, and from FDA and USDA quality control measures that minimize consumer complaints and product recalls.
http://www.alternet.org/corporate-accountabil...
BRAVO!!!!! We've become an Oligarchy and for some reason, very few have noticed!

morality

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#7 Apr 12, 2013
Just stop giving money to Danny Wegmans, Mike Nolan, Joel Seligman, Wilmorite, ITT Power Solutions Inc,
Alexander East LLC, Scott Congel, Tops, etc, etc, etc.

Livonia, NY

#8 Apr 12, 2013
Henrys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO!!!!! We've become an Oligarchy and for some reason, very few have noticed!
Lots of people have noticed.Those that know how to change it turn their backs on the system becuse they know that is the sollution.Others who see it speak very loudly against it but thrive on everything it offers and fail to realize how much their big brother should fix it consumerism is what allows it to exist.

CapriceClassic

#10 Apr 13, 2013
Henrys Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...very few.
DotDoucheDot

Rochester, NY

#12 Apr 13, 2013
DotDashDashDotDot wrote:
<quoted text>
C.C. and Babyboy will say it is meaningless and stupid spew in 109 8 7
In order to post on Topix your "humor maturity" must be at least 12 years old. Come back in six years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wease picks his fights (Jul '15) 17 min slammer is an idiot 981
Bernie Sanders 2 hr IescapedNY 7
New Report: No evidence of Russian/Trump Collusion 2 hr IescapedNY 7
News Eleven arrests made at Zac Brown concert on Sunday 10 hr FUBO 2
I found a new girlfriend at the Jazz fest yeste... 10 hr FUBO 2
Northwest Service Center and Ron Penders 11 hr Municipal Employee 23
My girlfriend dumped me at the Jazz fest yesterday 14 hr Hugh Jorgan 7

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance