White Motorist who struck boy critical after mob attack

Posted in the Rochester Forum

CanadaRocs

Rockwood, Canada

#1 Apr 5, 2014
Whats wrong with American blacks?
DETROIT (AP)— A suburban Detroit man was in critical condition Thursday with severe head injuries after a neighborhood mob beat and kicked him when he stopped to check on a 10-year-old boy who stepped from a curb into the path of his pickup.
The 54-year-old man, whose name was not released, was being treated at a Detroit hospital as police scoured the east side neighborhood where he was attacked Wednesday afternoon. The boy, David Harris, was expected to recover from his injuries, according to Desmond Key, who said he was the 10-year-old's uncle.
The driver — who lives just north of Detroit in Macomb County's Roseville — wasn't at fault in the accident, said Detroit police Sgt. Michael Woody.
"A preliminary investigation shows the kid stepped off the curb in front of him," Woody said. "No way he could have stopped in time."
On Thursday, marked and unmarked police cruisers crisscrossed streets around Morang and Balfour where the accident occurred about 4:10 p.m. Wednesday.
No arrests were made in the beating, but Woody said the boy's father was taken into custody Thursday on an unrelated warrant.
"At this time, he is not a suspect" in the attack, Woody said.
Key, 21, said David and some friends were walking to a store from their homes when the boy was hit by the truck. One of the youths raced back to David's home and told the family about the accident.
"I heard that he ran out in the street," Key said. "When I showed up my nephew was on the ground screaming."
Meanwhile, the driver was getting pummeled in the driveway of a nearby gas station.
"The guy definitely was trying to fight back, but it was too many guys," Key said. "When he finally had enough of trying to fight back he just fell to the ground. When he fell to the ground they kicked him a couple of times and then they left him alone."
Key counted six or seven attackers.
"We don't know those people that did that to that guy. Our main focus is on David," he said. "We weren't cheering it on. We weren't rooting for it."
Society & Culture
http://news.yahoo.com/motorist-struck-boy-cri...
CanadaRocs

Rockwood, Canada

#2 Apr 5, 2014
White Motorist beaten by mob still in critical condition

DETROIT — As Steve Utash lies in a Detroit hospital bed, with his brain swollen and a gash in his head, he appears to remember the brutal beating that a neighborhood mob inflicted days earlier.

“He wakes up and his arms start struggling and he says,‘Help me! Help me!” said Terry Emerick, a family friend.

Utash remained in critical condition Friday — two days after accidentally hitting a 10-year-old boy with his company pickup on Detroit’s east side and being pummeled by at least a half-dozen people after stopping to check on the child.

The mob left the 54-year-old tree trimmer from suburban Detroit on the pavement outside a gas station.

No arrests had been made Friday, and police officers continued to canvass the neighborhood looking for witnesses who can identify any suspects in the beating, Sgt. Michael Woody said.

A grainy, surveillance video from the gas station camera shows the boy, David Harris, with a group of friends as he steps from a curb into the truck’s path Wednesday afternoon. Woody said investigators don’t have video footage of the attack on Utash.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said Friday that Utash did “the right thing by stopping to check on the boy” and that anyone who can identify his attackers should step forward.

“This senseless vigilante style attack is not the essence of who we are as Detroiters and will not be tolerated,” Duggan said in a joint statement with City Council President Brenda Jones.

The boy is recovering in a hospital from injuries that are not considered life-threatening.

His uncle, Desmond Key, said Thursday that the family does not know any of the attackers. He said family members rushed to the scene after one of the boy’s friends ran home and told them about the accident. Key said he saw six to seven guys punching and kicking the pickup driver as he tried to fight back.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/motori...

Sick people!
Taxation without represen

Sarasota, FL

#3 Apr 5, 2014
Animals .......
Time to clean the barn.

Beware of liberals posing as Americans
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart

Rochester, NY

#4 Apr 5, 2014
Its was a white mob beating a black male. You have your facts wrong.
Cull da herd

Rochester, NY

#5 Apr 5, 2014
This is why white people are afraid to get out of their vehicles after an accident in the cullerd's hood, and they are willing to risk a hit and run charge in order to preserve their safety and well being. Deal with the cops at a safe distance.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#6 Apr 5, 2014
Similar to the Reginald Denny attack in 1992.
Taxation without represen

Sarasota, FL

#8 Apr 6, 2014
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart wrote:
Dream on........

Beware of liberals posing as Americans
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#9 Apr 6, 2014
RacistFireCrotch BarnFart wrote:
There you go again.....rewriting history.

Welcome to the Jungle
Cull da herd

Rochester, NY

#10 Apr 6, 2014
I cant believe you people still fall for this - RacistFireCrotch BarnFart a/k/a Rhonda was proven years ago not to be a Cullerd woman from the city ghetto, it is really a race baiting self-race loathing fat white guy in a basement in the burbs just yanking your chains and getting his jollies off of it by your reactions and responses

WAKE UP
CanadaRocs

Guelph, Canada

#11 Apr 6, 2014
Canadian goverment warning Canadian's on the dangers of traveling to the U.S.
Warnings to avoid inner city urban type areas at all costs.

“It ain't gonna suck itself.”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Apr 6, 2014
Blue gums are the same all over the world, not a civilized bunch at all.

http://newobserveronline.com/african-mobs-att...
CanadaRocs

Dundalk, Canada

#13 Apr 7, 2014
Any arrests yet? They should all be charged with attempted MURDER.
rochmetro

Brockport, NY

#14 Apr 7, 2014
2 teens, 16 and 17, have been arrested on Sat
SayWhat

Rochester, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2014
Being in a colored section of town is not safe even if you are colored. Now if the white man took off and left the scene the blacks would say he was a killer and Al Sharpshiton would be making noise. .
Cull da herd

Rochester, NY

#16 Apr 7, 2014
Those idiots at the gas station/corner store are stupid creatures of habit. They will return to hanging out at the corner again within days.
There is supposedly a video of the beatdown. All you have to do is just match up the faces of those on video with those who have returned to loitering, then charge them.
CanadaRocs

Dundalk, Canada

#17 Apr 7, 2014
Cull da herd wrote:
Those idiots at the gas station/corner store are stupid creatures of habit. They will return to hanging out at the corner again within days.
There is supposedly a video of the beatdown. All you have to do is just match up the faces of those on video with those who have returned to loitering, then charge them.
They should all be sent to prison for a very long time.
Cull da herd

Rochester, NY

#18 Apr 7, 2014
They should dump them in the Detroit River. They arent much on swimming
you never get it

Rochester, NY

#19 Apr 9, 2014
Cull da herd wrote:
I cant believe you people still fall for this - RacistFireCrotch BarnFart a/k/a Rhonda was proven years ago not to be a Cullerd woman from the city ghetto, it is really a race baiting self-race loathing fat white guy in a basement in the burbs just yanking your chains and getting his jollies off of it by your reactions and responses
WAKE UP
Just like CC is a white Girl Scout den mother that loves the police and RePIGpublican is a Rabbi and also a republican? I think that you are wrong, but being opened mined do you have any proof ?
SafetyFirst

Rochester, NY

#20 Apr 11, 2014
This case is a prime example of why motorist should be allowed to drive to an area they feel safe to report an accident.
Seems like I can't drive thru Rochester without a couple of "people" walking out in front of me with a slow moving careless attitude.(sometimes with 3-4 little ones in tow)
In many areas of Rochester I would keep on driving while calling 911.
My attorneys can site hundreds of similar attacks in court if need be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Break room ratings 4 hr Kimberly 86
Cullerd Boy Poops Out Diamonds 4 hr Heard it here first 6
Man arrested, license suspended 20 times 5 hr BwaHawHawDbag 2
Man with machete indicted on charges 5 hr You people 5
Literally the Coldest. EVER. 8 hr BwaHawHawZippy 1
13WHAM Anchor Don Alhart to work until he drops... (Jan '13) 9 hr Ralph 23
City Woman Convicted In Connection With Arson Fire Fri BwaHawHawZippy 1
Rochester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web