Pay cut for radio host Howard Stern?

Pay cut for radio host Howard Stern?

There are 25 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 21, 2009, titled Pay cut for radio host Howard Stern?. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

STERN WARNING: Howard Stern threatened on the air - again - to quit Sirius XM Radio Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tom

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 21, 2009
Howard Stern is a thing of the past. Its over for him.
Artie

Framingham, MA

#2 Dec 21, 2009
Baba-Booey!!!!!!!
Bye loser

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 21, 2009
I've hated the guy for years. But I'm a woman with a brain so no big surprise there.

TIME FOR CHANGE SIRIUS XM.
cloudy

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 21, 2009
good, get rid of him. Biggest waste of space going.
Ron Mexico

Dansville, NY

#6 Dec 21, 2009
*yawn*

Since: Sep 09

Melrose, NY

#7 Dec 21, 2009
NO body is worth that kind of money, I don't care who they are, especially just to sit on a radio and be an A$$
tom

United States

#9 Dec 21, 2009
who cares about howard stern???? he is nothing anymore, let him go!
cowboy

United States

#10 Dec 21, 2009
Howard Stern is an over paid PIG!

Since: Aug 09

Medina, NY

#11 Dec 21, 2009
I didn't know he was still on !!
uhmmmm

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 21, 2009
Do you people not understand what he brought to the table. Millions of subscribers paying $12/mth to listen to him. Where will they be if he leaves? They will not be around very long. Like him or not he is a good business decission that will keep Sirius / XM above ground. I don't think they can pay him the $100 million a year but they will have to pay him. They have NO choice.
Lisa

Penfield, NY

#13 Dec 21, 2009
Let's call this what it is ...
First of all, Howard has not "threatened to quit". His contact is up next year, and 30 years of getting up at 3:30am every day to do his show is starting to get exhausting. He has talked of retiring for a few years now, so why is this all of a sudden mis-reported as "news".

10NBC is owned by a highly conservative Hubbard Broadcasting. According to my research "Hubbard Broadcasting is known for its outspoken support of conservative politicians and the Republican Party of Minnesota". I guess you can see where their interests lie.

And to Bye Loser in Webster, I am a professional woman who has been a Stern fan for 12 years. If you really knew what he was about, you would think differently. I am tired of you all assuming you know what the show is about. I bet none of you have ever listened. The show has a lot of intelligent dialogue about current events, and excellent celebrity interviews. Robin, his co-host is a former Air Force Nurse with a degree in Communications. She gives the show great female balance, while still not taking herself too seriously.

Also, Howard has raised 3 highly successful daughters. The youngest is 17, and the oldest is 25. One of his daughters is bilingual in Spanish after studying abroad in Spain for quite some time.

So, Bye Loser, since you are a "woman with a brain", why don't you look into what he is really like before you make a mis-informed and ignorant comment.

Baba-booey forever!
kel varnsen

Geneva, NY

#14 Dec 21, 2009
potty humor is old and boring
Ben Wade

Spencerport, NY

#15 Dec 21, 2009
Lisa wrote:
First of all, Howard has not "threatened to quit". His contact is up next year, and 30 years of getting up at 3:30am every day to do his show is starting to get exhausting. He has talked of retiring for a few years now, so why is this all of a sudden mis-reported as "news".
10NBC is owned by a highly conservative Hubbard Broadcasting. According to my research "Hubbard Broadcasting is known for its outspoken support of conservative politicians and the Republican Party of Minnesota". I guess you can see where their interests lie.
And to Bye Loser in Webster, I am a professional woman who has been a Stern fan for 12 years. If you really knew what he was about, you would think differently. I am tired of you all assuming you know what the show is about. I bet none of you have ever listened. The show has a lot of intelligent dialogue about current events, and excellent celebrity interviews. Robin, his co-host is a former Air Force Nurse with a degree in Communications. She gives the show great female balance, while still not taking herself too seriously.
Also, Howard has raised 3 highly successful daughters. The youngest is 17, and the oldest is 25. One of his daughters is bilingual in Spanish after studying abroad in Spain for quite some time.
So, Bye Loser, since you are a "woman with a brain", why don't you look into what he is really like before you make a mis-informed and ignorant comment.
Baba-booey forever!
It's quite disturbing how obviously "obsessed" you are with him and the show. Way too much information!
Tom

Rochester, NY

#16 Dec 21, 2009
Has been. Time to retire.
Chocolatemask

Rochester, NY

#17 Dec 21, 2009
I am wondering where they got the report from, being that howard is on vacation. He couldn't have said it today. But he has talked retirement for ages. At least he knows when to leave not like Weeze, he is the biggest hasbeen in Rochester that no one cares about. I wish the newscaster in Rochester would threaten to quit, cause all the news stations are soo aweful
BritherSleaze

Rochester, NY

#18 Dec 21, 2009
I hope he quits and replaces the Wease.
Common Sense

Rochester, NY

#19 Dec 21, 2009
Lisa,

your post reminds me of Glen Close in Fatal Attraction. Disillusioned and very scary.

Turn off the sat radio, come up for a breath of fresh air, and contribute something positive to society.
Lisa wrote:
Baba-booey forever!
Twanker

Rochester, NY

#20 Dec 21, 2009
"30 years of getting up at 3:30am every day to do his show is starting to get exhausting" Boo Hoo he has to get up for work 5 days a week like we all do. He's tired because he stays up too late pounding his bologna.
Richard Hertz

Clearlake, CA

#21 Dec 22, 2009
Who cares? The jerk isn't worth a fraction of what he makes. Maybe he can sell some of his "Body Parts" to make ends meet.
jackass

Lakeville, MN

#22 Dec 22, 2009
maybe they'll lay him off like ch 10 has done tooo sooooo many of it's employees . .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patients are asking for help after Orchard Park... 1 hr die in pain 1
Charges Against ConJob Forthcoming 6 hr IescapedNY 2
Lavar Balls: A LOSER to the ninth degree 7 hr IescapedNY 2
Cuomo: Bridge renaming backlash personally hurtful 10 hr Colabri 15
Have yo started your Christmas shopping yet? 10 hr Colabri 21
Trump Accused by 13 Women of Sexual Abuse 10 hr Colabri 5
I'm working on Thanksgiving at the hotel and co... 14 hr IescapedNY 7

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance