Remember "THE NERVE" 95.1 - 95.5

Remember "THE NERVE" 95.1 - 95.5

Posted in the Rochester Forum

Since: Feb 11

Morgantown, WV

#1 Feb 17, 2011
Hey guys....I did a small youtube video, not for my own self promotion, but to share with fellow Rochestarians and I thought keeping all this stuff in my basement was selfish....so before I die I thought I'd compile the LEGAL ID's that I had on tape with a bit of NERVE history included. I live in WV now...and the ability for the computer to convey so much to so many is very cool. Please share...its a bit of Rochester history.

WillK

Athens, PA

#2 Mar 15, 2013
I miss that station so much. It was the best radio station this area ever had. Such a huge disappointment when they changed formats. Thanks for posting that video, a great tribute to a great station.
Razorr

United States

#3 Jul 19, 2016
All through the nineties, my radio didn't know any station other than the Nerve. Everything was appealing, including their funny commercials. I miss that station that it was before Metallica killed it. When I saw and heard your tribute, it was like a breath of fresh air along with some amazing memories. Thank you so much for posting it!
josephbarkley

Mount Pleasant, SC

#4 Jul 20, 2016
I do remember as it was the station that played Stern before he got boring.
Jack90391923

Rochester, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2016
Anybody remember Mix 100 now known as "100.5 The Drive" or "My Drive FM" I forgot what it was called back then. But 95.1 was bought out by the same company that has that station (Clear Channel aka "iHeart") and they called it Fox 95.1, then when to "The Brew" and Now call it "Radio 95 1" I heard 95.5 was bought out by a group out of Batavia area, but I'm not sure what 95.5 is today it barely comes in, and when it does it seems to be playing music popular with hispanic women.
josephbarkley

Mount Pleasant, SC

#6 Jul 22, 2016
Local Rochester radio blows.
FritzTheCat420

Rochester, NY

#7 May 4, 2017
If you were around for THE NERVE then you know it was the best radio station in WNY history, and always will be, straight up, still miss this station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great a speech by Trump at CPac! 15 min DumpTrump 15
Trash 31 min perfect 22
List of people I've ran off topix 37 min perfect 8
The Bruce Popper Era Is Over 2 hr Cathy 9
Royal Wedding Guest List 2 hr Cathy 12
The 4 cops who refused to enter school during s... 3 hr BruceLoser 2
I believe in a world where the people of topix 6 hr Feedthehomelessyo... 2

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance