Prison guard charged with grand larce...

Prison guard charged with grand larceny, insurance fraud

There are 21 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Oct 5, 2009, titled Prison guard charged with grand larceny, insurance fraud. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A guard at a western New York prison is accused of bilking the state insurance fund.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MommaHurt

Panama City, FL

#1 Oct 5, 2009
I'm waiting for you to come back to Attica punk. Need me a cell mate.
Can you say

Rochester, NY

#2 Oct 5, 2009
Sounds like Shawshank Redemption. Hope he is a better accountant than thief!
get out of NY state

Webster, NY

#3 Oct 5, 2009
He will not see any time because he's ex police and white. Two strike up for james.
Ron

Albion, NY

#4 Oct 5, 2009
NYS insurance companies who are workers comp. carriers are required by law to employ insurance fraud investigators. This is obvious due to idiots like this who commit insurance fraud, which is a billion dollar "business" nation wide. I was on workers comp. for 18 months and the first thing my lawyer (Steve Segar of Segar and Sciortino) told me was that I will be under surveillance at some point. I do not know if this is how this individual was caught, but probably so. Come to think of it, Batavia is where I had to go for my comp. hearing which was eventually settled. At least he does'nt have far to go. Moron.
TheSensibleOne

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2009
get out of NY state wrote:
He will not see any time because he's ex police and white. Two strike up for james.
Exactly!
Native Son

Rochester, NY

#6 Oct 5, 2009
Isn't the goal of all young people today. Work at a government or high level job in industry, get injured and collect oompensation to rest of their lives while earning extra bucks under the table.
Nick Joseph

Albion, NY

#7 Oct 5, 2009
get out of NY state wrote:
He will not see any time because he's ex police and white. Two strike up for james.
I did'nt get that memo!
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#8 Oct 5, 2009
Native Son wrote:
Isn't the goal of all young people today. Work at a government or high level job in industry, get injured and collect oompensation to rest of their lives while earning extra bucks under the table.
No. I never thought of doing that. I'm in too good of shape to even try that one. So the answer would have to be no. Not all young people wants workers comp while working under the table.
Check this out

Rochester, NY

#9 Oct 5, 2009
If you log his name into this website you can see that he was a fairly well compensated state employee. Just got greedy.

http://www.seethroughny.net/StatePayroll/tabi...
kathie mendon ny

Rochester, NY

#10 Oct 5, 2009
Can't seem to get on that site. Said may have been changed.
Taxpayer

Batavia, NY

#11 Oct 5, 2009
get out of NY state wrote:
He will not see any time because he's ex police and white. Two strike up for james.
First of all the article did not say he was a police officer- it said corrections officer. There's a difference. "Two strike up for james". Really? If you're going to start a race was at least do it with proper English. Idiot.
Sue in Wayne County

Williamson, NY

#12 Oct 5, 2009
kathie mendon ny wrote:
Can't seem to get on that site. Said may have been changed.
I got on, he makes more than 50 Gs a year.
Ron

Albion, NY

#13 Oct 5, 2009
While he was working he may have been making $50grand. However, workers comp pays a max of $400 per week. It is 2/3 of your gross weekly income averaged out over the previous 52 weeks. Which granted, is still more than minimum wage.
PigsGetOffEasy

Spencerport, NY

#14 Oct 7, 2009
Chances are he will recieve much less time than average joe screwing the system.
Could have been worse he could have been a drug mule for the inmates trafficking contraband.

FRAUD screwing the working class this guy must be a rePUBICan
dudeeeeeeeee

Rochester, NY

#15 Oct 8, 2009
this is gay
get out of NY state

Webster, NY

#16 Oct 8, 2009
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the article did not say he was a police officer- it said corrections officer. There's a difference. "Two strike up for james". Really? If you're going to start a race was at least do it with proper English. Idiot.
didn't know this was a term paper fucx face
PHIL

Webster, NY

#17 Oct 9, 2009
another pig police officer who is dirty throw his ass in jail

CapriceClassic

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#21 Nov 1, 2009
get out of NY state wrote:
He will not see any time because he's ex police and white. Two strike up for james.
I guess Nick Joseph and Gary PIGnato are exceptions to your racist rule, huh ? Both arrested and helped send people to jail, but are now behind bar themselves...
mad as hell-wendy howe

New York, NY

#22 Nov 1, 2009
The reality of humans in any situation, is that there will always be those individuals that make choices that they shouldn't. In anything, any race, ethnicity, culture, or place. The bigger problem to me at this moment is the comments I just read here and the blatant hostility and rage they contain.

Since: Nov 09

North Chili, NY

#23 Nov 28, 2009
People who rip off the system pay in one way or the other when they are caught. Bad reputation, having to pay money back, losing a job. Ultimately they hurt themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
nickbo, are you ok? 4 hr Norwegian-American 5
Andy wants tax break for people who prepaid the... 8 hr LeastRacist 4
Trump Lie Counter Broke 2000 Lies 9 hr LeastRacist 4
The Crannberries 10 hr LeastRacist 3
Eric Clapton didn't want Britian to be a black ... 11 hr IescapedNY 2
RG&E has until Feb to increase our bill 14 hr BovenziSuxDix 1
Anyone find Trumps comments about "black" count... 14 hr Social Wedge 4

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages