Talking East End Violence

Talking East End Violence

There are 14 comments on the WHAM-AM Rochester story from Jul 10, 2014, titled Talking East End Violence. In it, WHAM-AM Rochester reports that:

Rochester N.Y.- Officials at City Hall plan to meet Friday with the owner of an East End nightclub that has been the scene of recent violence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHAM-AM Rochester.

dew4794

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 11, 2014
Yeah, keep the shoots and stabbings at home where they belong.
dew4794

Rochester, NY

#2 Jul 11, 2014
Wouldn't be the worst thing to shut down a few bars in Rochester. Maybe that would send a message for tighter security. Wouldn't hurt for the East End bars to chip into the city police fund for more RPD presence too. Community safety if good for business.
bunny

Maine, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2014
Just East End?
Try West End, South End, North End - every end!!!!!!!!!!
They say Rochester has the worst graduation rate in the Nation?
It has the worst crime rate too, yet they do absolutely nothing about it.
Every single day, another shooting or stabbing.
Is there not one official or person of influence in this city that even cares to take action and stop this?
What is the Mayor doing besides a news cast fashion show!!!!!!!
Too bad she didnt care about the violence as much as her appearance, and expense account.
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#6 Jul 18, 2014
Remove one component, and crime would decrease significantly. Sad. Pathetic.

Rhonda should talk to her folks. Maybe she could be featured on Ch 13's bright spot some day, before she dies of a massive stroke.
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#8 Jul 18, 2014
Sounds like a wise man.

You won't get it. Morality is not a strong suite in the 'hood.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#10 Jul 18, 2014
bunny wrote:
Just East End?
Try West End, South End, North End - every end!!!!!!!!!!
They say Rochester has the worst graduation rate in the Nation?
It has the worst crime rate too, yet they do absolutely nothing about it.
Every single day, another shooting or stabbing. Is there not one official or person of influence in this city that even cares to take action and stop this?
What is the Mayor doing besides a news cast fashion show!!!!!!!
Too bad she didnt care about the violence as much as her appearance, and expense account.
The Mayor does care. Thats why she got the crime rate lowered. Less crimes then last year thats for sure!
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#11 Jul 18, 2014
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mayor does care. Thats why she got the crime rate lowered. Less crimes then last year thats for sure!
When you make statements like this, support it with facts. What are the numbers this year vs last? The year is not over, and the murders will go (much) higher. You always make claims that are unsupportable, and naive.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 18, 2014
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>
When you make statements like this, support it with facts. What are the numbers this year vs last? The year is not over, and the murders will go (much) higher. You always make claims that are unsupportable, and naive.
Well There were 1,000 murders, arson, shootings all year it seems like. This year, so far ive only heard of about 100. But yes, theres still a few more months left. Maybe there will be 900 more crimes. I hope not though. I'd hate to see Lovely give up her game.
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#13 Jul 18, 2014
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well There were 1,000 murders, arson, shootings all year it seems like. This year, so far ive only heard of about 100. But yes, theres still a few more months left. Maybe there will be 900 more crimes. I hope not though. I'd hate to see Lovely give up her game.
She has no game, you misguided dreamer. Don't delude yourself that she knows what she is doing. She doesn't. Not a clue. She is an embarrassment. She should scrupulously avoid the news media, because she never has anything constructive to say,

I suppose she appeals to the great unwashed, judging from your comments.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 18, 2014
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>
She has no game, you misguided dreamer. Don't delude yourself that she knows what she is doing. She doesn't. Not a clue. She is an embarrassment. She should scrupulously avoid the news media, because she never has anything constructive to say,
I suppose she appeals to the great unwashed, judging from your comments.
I do not see her talents as embarrasment. Maggie Brooks endorsed her. Shes improving the city. You should really reconsider how you see Lovely.
Darlene

Pittsford, NY

#15 Jul 18, 2014
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not see her talents as embarrasment. Maggie Brooks endorsed her. Shes improving the city. You should really reconsider how you see Lovely.
That's a hollow endorsement. You really are completely clueless.
WhatsNext

Fairport, NY

#16 Jul 18, 2014
Looks Like the blacks ruin another place in Rochester, whats next
dew4792

Rochester, NY

#18 Jul 19, 2014
R U NUTS. Count the number of shootings. Count the number of murders. This year is gonna break records. What are you the Mayors personal @ss licker?
Diamond Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#19 Jul 19, 2014
dew4792 wrote:
R U NUTS. Count the number of shootings. Count the number of murders. This year is gonna break records. What are you the Mayors personal @ss licker?
<quoted text>
I see your prediction. Was anyone arrested in connection to the fire that killed an elderly black woman last year, when Richards was mayor. There was an arrest in a death of a grandmother of children who she was caring for in a house set on fire. Crime may be about the same but the criminals are getting off the streets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Henrietta Hotel Fire 17 min IescapedNY 15
Mueller Nabs Another One 30 min Sidney 8
Check out 12 hookers caught on Lyell Ave 32 min Sidney 8
White Man Gets Away With Stealing at Wegmans 33 min Sidney 15
There sure are a lot of COWARDS on topix 2 hr Ha ha is unemployed 1
You idiots aren't doing ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! 2 hr Ha ha is unemployed 5
Black Panther Movie 3 hr Ha ha is unemployed 2

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance