Southwest To Add Direct Flight From Rochester To Chicago

Oct 22, 2012 Full story: 13WHAM 6

Rochester, N.Y.- Southwest Airlines, which starts service from the Rochester International Airport in April 2013, is launching a new direct flight to Chicago's Midway Airport.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

Kitty Hawk, NC

#3 Oct 23, 2012
Southwest coming to Rochester is a good thing. Give it time.
Joe

Tampa, FL

#5 Jan 10, 2013
well - what did you expect? More flights? Are people all of a sudden going to start traveling to Rochester or something? That airport is a tiny joke.

“The QUEEN BEE has spoken”

Since: Aug 09

Don't get STUNG!

#6 Jan 10, 2013
What about from Rochester to other places?
Leanne

Victor, NY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
The reason why we (Rochester) have such bad air service is that Monroe County charges the airlines for gate space at the airport. Does Niagara County not charge the airlines for gate space at the Buffalo Niagara Airport?
Grady Stiles

United States

#8 Jan 13, 2013
I hope they don't forget to unload rhonda from the plane or she might sue them. LOL
Leanne

Canandaigua, NY

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Joe wrote:
well - what did you expect? More flights? Are people all of a sudden going to start traveling to Rochester or something? That airport is a tiny joke.
At Least we HAVE an airport! There r some cities that don't even have airports at all, and the residents in those metro areas have to drive to other cities (When I was going to a college in Vermont, and I told the other students how I wished I could fly home for breaks instead of going in the car, most of them didn't even know there was an airport in Rochester)!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monroe County Veterans Discount Card 22 min nickbo13 2
Pittsford says no to tattoo parlor 2 hr call1176 1
Pittsford Says No Tattoo Parlor 2 hr Pumpkin Roit 10
what BROTHER WEASE CARES foundation will NOT p... (May '12) 5 hr slammersucks 58
"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" CANCELLED by TLC 5 hr Pegasus 11
Breaking news 5 hr Gates PD Mental H... 21
Kitten Rescued from Vacant House Fire 9 hr K Borman 7
Rochester Dating
Find my Match

Rochester Jobs

Rochester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rochester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rochester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]