High Wind Warning

High Wind Warning

There are 54 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 10, 2009, titled High Wind Warning. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A high wind warning remains in effect for the area until 7 p.m. Thursday. 60 mph winds are possible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
dave smith

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 10, 2009
Looking for some global warming
Well South

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 10, 2009
The video on the front page has Rich saying that the lake snows would stay well south of the Thruway. So much for accurate forecasting.
X yankee

Louisburg, NC

#3 Dec 10, 2009
and thats the reason i left rotinchester 15 years ago
The dundada

Wilmington, DE

#4 Dec 10, 2009
I don't think the snow band's understood the forcast .....Thank's for the quick 6 inches Rich,Next time take a chance at gettin it wrong then maybe us commuter's would have been more prepared,as if it would have made a difference to the pyscotic driver's on the road's anyway.
Twanker

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2009
With intellicast and Weather Underground you dont need the local sunshine pumpers. That ch 8 guy is fun to watch at the BBQ's.
Typical

Geneseo, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2009
What happened to the forecasted big wind storm? And the Lake Effect Snow Warning for tonight? Really? It amazes me that with all this expensive radar technology they still cannot get it right, or even close.... no wonder those pilots overshot their destination by 150 miles. They probably used the Rochester Forecasters and radar to guide them.
Typical

Geneseo, NY

#7 Dec 10, 2009
and one final thought. This is Western NY. We have snow. It comes every year. If you cannot slow down and learn to drive in the snow, then stay home so that the rest of us can get home safely. Common sense people.
Jane

Buffalo, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2009
I thought that warning was for when co-worker eats chili for lunch!
omg

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 11, 2009
The dundada wrote:
I don't think the snow band's understood the forcast .....Thank's for the quick 6 inches Rich,Next time take a chance at gettin it wrong then maybe us commuter's would have been more prepared,as if it would have made a difference to the pyscotic driver's on the road's anyway.
Leave Rich alone...he is a great weather guy...he forcasts the weather, it is impossible to know which way the wind is going to go...no one can do that...Keep up the good work Rich!
WAITING IN RUSH

Penn Yan, NY

#10 Dec 11, 2009
WHY @ 0530 AM I STILL LOOKING AT A FORCAST FROM YESTERDAY ? WHAT TIME DO WEATHER PEOPLE START WORK ?
kathie mendon ny

Warsaw, NY

#11 Dec 11, 2009
Yeah at 618 am still yesterday's forcast.
Interuption

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 11, 2009
Typical wrote:
What happened to the forecasted big wind storm? And the Lake Effect Snow Warning for tonight? Really? It amazes me that with all this expensive radar technology they still cannot get it right, or even close.... no wonder those pilots overshot their destination by 150 miles. They probably used the Rochester Forecasters and radar to guide them.
Are you insane? It was windy and snowy as sh*t last night! Do I go to Walmart and tell you how to greet customers? Leave the forecasters alone, jesus!
The dundada

Wilmington, DE

#14 Dec 11, 2009

Leave Rich alone...he is a great weather guy...he forcasts the weather, it is impossible to know which way the wind is going to go...no one can do that...Keep up the good work Rich....I wasn't picking on him was just joking bout the was everything evolved Him and Kevin are good but the sudden snow burst made the forcast looked a bit misleading seing's that it was supossed to stay south....no offence toward's rich weather will be weather
Ha Ha

Buffalo, NY

#15 Dec 11, 2009
Weathermen (and women) get paid a lot of money to be wrong so often. I'm not complaining mind you, just jelous.
Rebecca

Pittsford, NY

#16 Dec 11, 2009
this was for last night. how about an update?
Typical

Geneseo, NY

#17 Dec 11, 2009
Interuption-
Maybe it was bad where you were live (in the thriving metropolis of Batavia), but not here... Go back to your barn.I'm sure it was really windy and snowy in there without windows or insulation.
Ha Ha

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 11, 2009
Typical wrote:
Interuption-
Maybe it was bad where you were live (in the thriving metropolis of Batavia), but not here... Go back to your barn.I'm sure it was really windy and snowy in there without windows or insulation.
Some people just LOVE to be rude on these forums ... bet you're not a witty in person.
techo tired

Webster, NY

#19 Dec 23, 2009
Typical wrote:
and one final thought. This is Western NY. We have snow. It comes every year. If you cannot slow down and learn to drive in the snow, then stay home so that the rest of us can get home safely. Common sense people.
So True!!!!!!!!!! Just because you have a truck, 4 wheel drive or an SUV, doesn't mean you can't slide. People think they're invincible out there
driving the same on snowy roads as if it were dry!!!!!!
SPEED KILLS!!!!!
techo tired

Webster, NY

#20 Dec 23, 2009
Amens Street blues wrote:
the fond memories of blizzards past.I was living in a borded up house, not my onn, It was warm for winter,not wanting to get out of my caccoon I didin't rush to the window to whenI heard the tiny pitter patter of rats rumming thrugt my dumpster diving rewards.
Then a brillant ideasurfaced in my mind . I would go to the open door mission, with towels on my head becaause I had no hat or gloves, the bitteer cold blasting in my face i trudged foewaard finding a frozen glove then another, not a matching set, i felt blessed by the lord.
There I met Joe nice guy no skills never killed young boys,
the blanten unfairness of struggles Joe suffers the killer works for kodak
WOW!!!! Maybe santa will rent you a room at the local phsyc ward!!!!!!!!
SCARY!!!!!!
Patch

Ontario, NY

#21 Dec 23, 2009
Oh yes, it's snowing terrible here right now...up to my knees, no wait,my chest...oh heck..scratching my dry scalp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rochester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Ciavarri and Justin Granite are engaged ... 53 min perfect 12
James Shepard for Rochester Mayor 9 hr Jenna Torrey 10
Greece Police: Rochester man steals Red Bull, r... (Dec '11) 9 hr Jenna Torrey 21
Green Party’s candidate for president... Dr Jil... 9 hr Jenna Torrey 5
News Andrew Jackson is getting bumped from the $20 9 hr Jenna Torrey 197
News Alfred University student dies from fight (Jun '08) 9 hr Jenna Torrey 4
Trayvon Martin and Lean/Purple Lean/Purple Drank (Jun '13) 9 hr Jenna Torrey 302

Rochester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rochester Mortgages